• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 acura nsx vin: Jh4na1263mt800434

I have a very nice Canadian automatic. It is black with a black and red interior, which I was told was a custom ordered interior. I can't seem to find if such an "option" was ever available, or if this was an aftermarket installation.interior-91.jpg

aftermarket

aftermarket

I just came across another NSX owner who sent me picture of his car - from the other side of the country. It is also a black 91 and he sent me pictures of his car with the identical two tone red and black upholstery. It seems unusual to me that 2 cars would have had the same custom work done, unless there was someone back in the day that was doing this modification.
The previous owner of my NSX was told that this was a special factory custom interior package, and I am trying to find out is there ever was such a thing as custom options like these. I can't find anything related on the Wiki either.

Cheers!

I just came across another NSX owner who sent me picture of his car - from the other side of the country. It is also a black 91 and he sent me pictures of his car with the identical two tone red and black upholstery. It seems unusual to me that 2 cars would have had the same custom work done, unless there was someone back in the day that was doing this modification.
The previous owner of my NSX was told that this was a special factory custom interior package, and I am trying to find out is there ever was such a thing as custom options like these. I can't find anything related on the Wiki either.

Cheers!

There was no ability to custom order an interior with the NSX. PERIOD. When leatherseats.com first presented their kit online, many of us were ecstatic to be able to customize our interiors as an easy DIY. Many people did the two tone seat design, and some did the stitching on the headrest. I didn't want as much of an "in your face" look, so I did perforated centers and red double stitching along with red door inserts.

The previous owner of your car either had no idea about the car, or was pulling your chain to get you to think that you were buying a special car delivered from the factory like that. That is why you aren't finding anything on the wiki. Stop trying to find out incorrect information and drive the car.

Congrats on the purchase btw.

Aftermarket

personally I would have the headrest redone minus the NSX logo.

- - - Updated - - -

or DYE it black so it not as " in your face " as others have mentioned

There was no ability to custom order an interior with the NSX. PERIOD. When leatherseats.com first presented their kit online, many of us were ecstatic to be able to customize our interiors as an easy DIY. Many people did the two tone seat design, and some did the stitching on the headrest. I didn't want as much of an "in your face" look, so I did perforated centers and red double stitching along with red door inserts.

The previous owner of your car either had no idea about the car, or was pulling your chain to get you to think that you were buying a special car delivered from the factory like that. That is why you aren't finding anything on the wiki. Stop trying to find out incorrect information and drive the car.

Exactly.

I tend to agree - I have been thinking about toning things down with dye.
I have never been a fan of red, although I have a red car besides this one with the red accents. I only grabbed this NSX because (besides looking for one for years) it is a well documented local car and being an old guy, I wanted an automatic.

Aftermarket

personally I would have the headrest redone minus the NSX logo.

- - - Updated - - -

or DYE it black so it not as " in your face " as others have mentioned

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. About all I can add is that over the years I have owned something like 100 cars, and this one is the most awesome one yet!

Back