• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX coupe Black/Black 5-Speed 92,832 mi JH4NA1150MT002837

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX coupe
Transmission:
5-Speed
Exterior color:
Black
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
92,832 mi
VIN:
JH4NA1150MT002837
Price:
$39,900 OBO

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
Yes
Owners:

Seller Information
Dealer:
Yes
Sean @ 630-885-8939 (cell), [email protected], or PM

Maintenance Information
This vehicle has an extensive maintenance history. See details below.

Details
For sale is this beautiful Berlina Black 1991 Acura NSX. I cannot believe I'm actually selling this car. I've wanted to own one of these since High School, but things have changed in my life. My wife and I are expecting our first child this month, and so priorities are changing.

This is actually a private sale, but since I work at a Honda dealership - NSX prime guidelines state that I need to mark yes for Dealer. I purchased this vehicle in August of 2015 from a fellow NSX Prime member. Here is his old prime ad: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ck-TX-5-speed-87k-miles-VIN-JH4NA1150MT002837

This car has been extremely well taken care of by some very particular/borderline OCD owners...myself included. Any little issue with the vehicle, I have tried to address since I've owned it. PPIs are welcome!

This vehicle is in the snap ring range, but had the transmission updated with new snap rings and other parts under service bulletin at Crown Acura in 1999. I have a letter from the service manager confirming this.

Here are some excerpts from the previous owners old ad about what was done to the vehicle BEFORE I owned it:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I have a full folder of receipts from previous owners and current maintenance. Full timing belt job was done in January with Andy at Accurate Auto Care in Arlington, known NSX mechanic. Timing belt, water pump, seals, valve adjustment etc. Brakes were also flushed. Cobb Tuning performed an alignment last week with a clean bill of health."

"This vehicle has a few very well selected mods. It had much of the work done at Comptech and Driving Ambition with receipts for all.

1. Comptech valved adjustable Koni shocks
2. Comptech Sway Bars
3. Comptech Billet Aluminum Engine Brace
4. Comptech rear non-compliance toe links
5. DC Headers
6. DC Exhaust
7. Test pipes (currently installed, stock cats included)
8. JDM Gearset
9. Comptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
10. Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
11. Comptech Clutch and Flywheel Combo
12. 16/17 Racing Hart Spec C Wheels in NSX Fitment
13. Science of Speed Aftermarket Engine Hatch Struts
14. Science of Speed Type S Shift Knob
15. PIAA Fog Lights

Recent Maintenance (within last 4 months):

1. Brand New Zanardi Size Battery in January w/ factory Zanardi battery hold down parts
2. Full Timing belt, water pump, seals, valve adjustment, etc. job
3. Brakes bled with Motul RBF fluid
4. Alignment
5. Engine Hatch Struts
6. Brand new OEM Floor Mats"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I have done to the vehicle SINCE I've owned it:

New OEM Turn signal cancel module (turn signals now cancel properly)
New OEM Main relay
New OEM Injector resistor box
Injectors cleaned by RC Engineering w/ paperwork
NGK Iridium plugs
New OEM fuel pump
New OEM oil pan gasket
New OEM Clutch master cylinder
New OEM clutch slave cylinder
SOS Clutch damper delete
New Bilstein shocks on lower perch w/ OEM springs (old Koni Yellow w/ Comptech springs included)
Alignment
New OEM Fuel filter
Philips HID headlight kit - 4200k
LED marker & front turn signal bulbs
OEM ITR red Acura front emblem
Oil changed with AMSoil 5w30
New OEM axle boot kit
Driver seat bolster repaired
New Dunlop Direzza DZ102 tires. 205-45-16 front and 245-40-17 rear
Shark Attack II antenna - original included
New OEM trunk struts
O2 sensor

Other parts included:
Spare tire holder, no spare tire...do have tools
OEM cats
Koni/Comptech suspension
OEM antenna
Paperwork & receipts
Extra passenger front speaker
Extra o2 sensor
Extra new Honda oil filter

Common NSX issues:
1. OEM Bose stereo: this works
2. Turns signals: these cancel properly
3. Climate Control: this functions as intended, AC blows cold.
4. ABS system: ABS functions properly, on occasion the pump will make some noise when the car first starts
5. Traction control: This functions properly. The new tires were properly sized to ensure that it worked.
6. Power Windows: They do roll up slowly. This is something that I have not addressed.
7. Crack in dash by climate control sensor: This vehicle does have this crack like most NSXs eventually get.

I do not have the spare tire, but I do have the holder.

This vehicle does show an accident on the Carfax report. On 12/23/94 it states that an accident was reported involving front impact involving a parked motor vehicle. Carfax available upon request. The previous owner stated to me that the front and rear bumpers were both repainted, and that was the only paint or body work that he was aware of. Since, I've learned that there was some damage to the front core support to the radiator during the accident. This was repaired. I'm not a body man, but it appears that the front end of the vehicle has been repainted. I'm disclosing this because I want to be 100% transparent. The paint on this vehicle is in excellent condition as you can see from the pictures. The car has been on the alignment rack and aligns perfectly and drives great.

I'm including a picture of my eBay sellers account that I've maintained with 100% positive feedback since 2002 as a reference. I'm only listing this vehicle for sale on Prime for now. I'd really like to see a member wind up with it.

Last edited:
Sold

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back