• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1992 Formula Red/Blk/Blk, Chicago, VIN: JH4NA1151NT000483

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q

Experienced Member
OWNER COMMENTS:
For sale is what could be one of the best looking and mechanically sound NSXs that has been setup for both street and track. I have very carefully tried to set this car up to be the best balance between a great street NSX in addition to being an excellent track performer. I’ve used some of the best parts, people, and services to make this a rather unique and quality vehicle. Other than myself, the car has been professionally maintained and upgraded by none other than John Vasos of Acura of Brookfield (AoB). This is a turn-key car and will come with many extras and stock parts that have been replaced with upgrades. It’s been tastefully modified, and I have always had the intention to build a car that marries form with function.

My NSX has been passionately cared for since the day I purchased it. In fact, the car was purchased over four years ago from another NSXPrime member who was also crazy about the car, and that’s one of the reasons I bought it. I now offer it for sale to another that will hopefully give it the attention that it’s received from me. I’m very active in the NSX community, especially in the Chicago region, as I have co-teamed on putting together many of our events, especially the last two years of the Midwest Spring Flings. Many fellow Prime members on the forum will vouch for the validity of myself and my NSX, including familiar names such as Frank Oles, Bob Kenney, valenzul, nsx2tall, ChitownNSX, and RutRX7. The car has always received high praise and is consistently viewed as a phenomenal looking and performing NSX.

FACTS:
1992 NSX
Formula Red w/black top, black interior
VIN: JH4NA1151NT000483
Manual transmission
109,000 miles
Weight: 2860 lbs, ¼ fuel

MAINTENANCE HIGHLIGHTS:
Timing Belt/water pump were replaced just before I purchased the car in Aug ’04 by Steve Gooding of North Carolina fame. Other items at that time included valve adjustment, and new A/C compressor.

Oil changes have been serviced by myself with stock Honda filters and Royal Purple oil. Oil changed ALWAYS immediately after ANY track event, no matter what. Perhaps it’s overkill, but I simply don’t screw around with oil maintenance.

It was a snap ring car but the ENTIRE transmission was replaced under warranty by Leith Acura before I owned it. I have receipts and previous owner validation to prove authenticity. Steve Gooding told me he actually was the tech who replaced the trans when he worked at Leith.

Harmonic balancer replaced last year due to other reported balancer failures. It was insurance to prevent a future failure.
New brake master cylinder. New clutch slave cylinder. New coolant hoses, flushed system. A/C converted to R134A

PAINT:
Although looks and paint condition can be highly subjective, my highly picky “1-10” criteria would rate my own car at around an “8.5”. The paint is well cared for as it is washed/polished/waxed regularly. The front of the car, including the fenders, were re-painted about a year and a half ago due to the addition of the Type-R hood. Since then, a few minor rock chips have occurred, but the car still shows excellent. The passenger door was also painted very recently to fix some chips. The rest of the paint is factory to the best of my knowledge, and again, still shows excellent. In fact, one of the first comments I get about my car is how clean and straight the body and paint are.

MODIFICATIONS:
The NSX has undergone many upgrades, and following is an exhaustive list.

Engine​
  • RM Racing exhaust with DTM tips
  • DC Sport headers (installed by AoB)
  • Cantrell Concepts Cold Air with UNI-filter
  • Accusump, 3 quart capacity (Professionally installed by AoB)
  • New stock oil pan. (Due to leaky drain bolt)
  • “Honda” plenum plate

Body
  • VIS Type-R replica hood (very good fitment)
  • SoS Type-R hood duct (works perfectly with VIS hood)
  • Dali “Flexi-Flyer” front splitter
  • Downforce Type-R carbon fiber wing with brake light and clear coat
  • “Honda” badges front and rear

Chassis/Suspension​
  • Type-R upper and lower chassis braces
  • Dave’s front compliance clamps
  • JIC FLT-A2 coilover suspension. Approx. 4000 miles
  • Corner balanced and aligned by AoB
  • Aluminum fuel tank cover

Wheels/Brakes​
  • RacingBrake 13” slotted oversize rotor package front and rear. Includes extra set of front RacingBrake slotted rotors and pads for track use.
  • Custom front brake ducting (2 1/2” hose ducting)
  • Volk TE37, silver, 17x8/18x9.5 combo (centers will be included). Front +38, rear +40. No spacers required. Includes one spare 18” TE37 rear wheel.
  • Falken RT615 tires. 215/40/17 front, 275/35/18 rear
  • Stainless brake lines

Interior​
  • Type-R billet shifter
  • Recaro Pole Position seats
  • Dali harness bar with 4-point Schroth belts
  • 330mm Momo steering wheel with NRG quick release. “Honda” horn button.
  • Autovation billet pedals
  • Zanardi floor mats
  • Dali cup holder
  • Stock sound system works great. Pass. amp repaired by BrianK

DOCUMENTATION:
I have a very large folder that contains the receipts and documentation for the work and parts installed on the car. I have all the documentation from the previous owner before me as well. Illinois title is clear and in my possession. Clean CARFAX. Emission passed.

EXTRAS:
  • Original 15/16 wheels
  • OEM hood
  • OEM steering wheel
  • Spare 18x9.5 Volk TE37, +40mm
  • Beverly Hills car cover with lock
  • OEM service manuals
  • NSX engine bay service mat
  • Toolkit
  • OEM seats
  • Misc. stuff I can’t remember!

MORE MUSINGS:
I have received exceedingly enthusiastic comments regarding this car since I’ve owned it. Everyone has said this car is fantastic, especially because when you realize it’s a 1992 example. At Spring Fling 2007, I received a comment that I’ll never forget. We were doing a car control clinic on a small track at the Marysville Honda plant, and the instructor in the car with me was a test driver for Honda. He said that of all the NSXs he was in that day, mine felt as one the most on-track solid and balanced cars that day. His exact words were, “You have this car setup extremely well; I’m very impressed with it”.

Regarding mileage, I realize that some may be wary of an NSX with over 100K miles. Please rest assured that this NSX has been fanatically yet professionally maintained, and runs stronger now than when new. And yes the car has been tracked, but not "beat". The car is driven in a civil manner, and honestly the track mileage is quite minimal.

On a final note, if you’ve read this far then you can probably figure out that I’m very devoted to my NSX and the automotive community. Regarding the sale of my NSX, I am not in a fire sale to sell it. If I sell it fine, if not, then that’s fine too. I have no problem keeping this car around. I’m simply entertaining some different avenues right now. So please, respect my time and yours by not communicating wild and offensive comments or offers. However, if I deem you to be a serious and mature individual, I WILL work with you if you’re indeed a sincere buyer. Really, I’m a pleasant guy :tongue:! I sincerely believe that the buyer will be getting a very unique and well thought-out NSX.

Please feel free to ask questions, and I’ll be happy to answer.
[email protected]

ASKING PRICE:
$36,500

PHOTOS:

NSX_1.jpg

NSX_2.jpg

NSX_3.jpg

NSX_4.jpg

NSX_5.jpg

NSX_6.jpg

NSX_7.jpg

NSX_8.jpg