• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1995 NSX-T, Black/Tan, 40K mi, VIN JH4NA1189ST000737

1995 NSX-T, Black/Tan, 40K mi, Comptech Mods, VIN JH4NA1189ST000737

It is finally time to put the greatest car I have owned up for sale to a new loving owner.

This car comes with an amazing history and true devotion from it’s past/present owners. A tremendous amount of time, care, money and love and been spent on her but you will not find another NSX in such great condition and running in such tip-top shape.

This NSX was originally purchased by the goalie of the Pittsburg Penguins, Stanley Cup winner Tom Barrasso. Also known as the best goalie in NHL history.

Tom bought the NSX from Pittsburg Acura in 1996 and in 1997 sent the car to Comptech in California. At 7,000 miles the car had every Comptech all motor modification done by the best race car tuners and NSX experts in the business. The motor was completely rebuilt and tuned and received new everything, including all new seals, fluids, etc.

The list of modifications was extensive. Comptech installed their IES engine package which consists of Hi-Rev cams, Hi-Rev internals (lifters, valves, springs, etc), ported and polished and blueprinted head, Comptech carbon fiber side cold air intake kit, Comptech headers, Comptech exhaust and even a Comptech real carbon fiber dash kit. It also received the 4.55 Comptech rear differential, JDM short gears, oil pump, and Comptech wheels.

The total bill for the work was $35,000 and I have all the original receipts. This boosted the cars horsepower, acceleration, and overall handling. All of these part remain minus the wheels.

As a side note, for California buyers, all Comptech parts are CA SMOG approved! Comptech is the only manufacture of aftermarket NSX parts to be SMOG certified. I also have receipts from this car passing resent CA inspections and Oregon DEQ tests.

Tom sold the car and it ended up to a new owner in Texas were it was kept in a climate controlled garage.

The previous owner to me was a fanatic about auto care and went to extreme levels to keep this NSX in top running condition.

At only 30,000 miles he had the following OEM parts replaced;

-New OEM clutch
-New OEM axles
-New OEM TPS ECU
-New OEM Water Pump
-New OEM Timing belt
-New OEM Hatch Struts
-New Aspirator Unit
-30K service
-Valve adjustment
-New OEM Battery
-AC system Changed to latest design

Also all service was performed at an Acura dealership. The last owner was so fanatical about it’s care that he wanted the engine completely certified should he choose to track her in the future (he never did track her). He paid $5000 to have the engine removed, examined and rebuilt with all new seals, gaskets, fluids, parts, etc at 30,000 miles. So yes, this NSX has basically a brand new engine and I have all the receipts and documentation.

I owned this NSX the last two years and in that time have done the following;

-Oil changes every 2000 miles
-Water Pump/Timing belt inspection and maintenance
-Full transmission flush and updated to newest Acura fluid
-Clutch adjustment/System lube
-Throttle body service and cleaned
-Valve adjustment/new gaskets

All of my work was performed by Morgan, the master tech at Acura of Portland. Any one who was at NSXPO 2008 knows him. I was also on the planning committee for NSXPO 2008 and have numerous references.

I have kept this NSX in a climate controlled garage and she has never even seen the rain. Which is a tough thing to do in Oregon! The oil was changed and the beginning and end of every summer, or about ever 2000 miles. Every year I had it professionally detailed and I waxed her monthly.

The paint is all original and is absolutely amazing. The paint looks brand new and has been cared for by auto enthusiasts who to them this car was more then just “a car”. She has never been in an accident. The only work to the car was I had the front bumper repainted due to rock chips.

During my ownership I have added a new OEM climate control unit and radio from the 2005 NSX. These have silver knobs and are new so you never have to worry about faded displays or worn looking buttons typical on NSX’s of this age. The interior is in outstanding condition with no tears or damage. The leather has been treated monthly (with Lexol products) and there isn’t even bolster wear on the drivers side. I also added a OEM 2005 NSX shift knob (very heavy), shift boot with silver stitched and shifter plate. In the trunk I added a new OEM trunk mat and upgraded the CD Changer mount to an OEM 2005 NSX mount. A HID headlight system is also installed and I recently just replaced both HID bulbs with brand new ones.

I have added a Science of Speed short shift kit for smooth, fast shifting. There is a Smart-Antenna module installed to keep the radio antennae from coming up when listening to CD’s. I also added RM Racing sway bars to give even better handling.

The windows were tinted by the best professional tint shop in town (does the Portland Trailblazers cars) and looks mean with the shiny black paint. I added brand new 2005 NSX taillights and a cleared center taillight to update the rear of the vehicle. You’ll see the pictures the plate “1 of 47” as this NSX is 1 of 47 black with tan interior 1995 NSX-T’s.

When I decided I needed to sell this NSX I had Morgen do a complete overhaul of the car for the next owner. I didn’t want there to be any issues and even though some may see it as wasteful I know the next owner will be as happy as I was when I bought her. She has never had even ONE problem and won’t give any to the next owner either. The new owner will have no wear items to replace and nothing to spend money on other then gas!

In the last week the following has been installed/serviced;

-New 17” light weight wheels (rare black 5Zigens) with new black lugs
-Brand new tires (all 4, new Falkens, Motor Trend rated #1 all season tire)
-New brake calipers (all 4), New caliper bolts, washers, etc.
-New brake pads (all 4)
-New cross drilled and slotted rotors (all 4)
-New OEM struts
-New H&R sport springs
-Brake fluid flush and upgrade to newest Honda Fluid
-Oil Change
-Stainless Steel brake lines
-E Brake Adjustment
-New OEM Radiator Pressure Cap
-Full Inspection

I have over $60,000 in receipts for parts and maintenance on this NSX and it shows. She runs beautifully and is faster then any 97+ and out brakes and out handles them. You are not going to find another NSX with as much service done and such a long care history.

I have both original keys and the rare original titanium key. I also have the SUPER rare OEM valet key! Car will come with original manual and an OEM service manual for the 95 NSX.

Some of the pictures show my other set of wheels I had on her which are also for sale (HRE 18/19”).

Car is located in Portland Oregon, only 20 minutes from PDX airport.

Price is SOLD and mileage just turned over 40,000 miles (fully documented mileage).

Email me at [email protected] or call at 503-957-7877 (Mike).

There are a lot more details and history on this car but this add is already too long! Please enjoy the pictures, I took these all in the last 2 weeks.

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0976.jpg

DSC_0949.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0947.jpg

DSC_1000.jpg

DSC_0928.jpg