• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1997+ Slotted Brake rotors now in stock in 2 flavors

After about 18 months of poking and proding, our better than the rest 1997+ slotted brake rotors are finally in stock and only available at Dali Racing. :biggrin:

one piece for those of you that don't drive that fast:

Only $440/set of 4:

racing-brake-slotted-rotor.image.jpg

EDP (Electro-Deposition Painting) for rust protection, double disc crosscut finish on the friction surfaces AFTER EDP coating
insures proper pad bedding and maintains parallelism and runout specifications. The final dynamic balance after machining is
a standard process to insure vibration free operation. Front (curved internal vane) slotted and rear (straight internal vane) available.
No X-Drilled, don't ask.

2 piece for those of you that do drive fast:

$999.99/set of 4:

97-two-piece-rotor.image.jpg

Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware. Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking.
DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for motion between the hat and rotor ring and the
crimp design provides positive engagement for no rattling or torque loss at temperature.

Alloyed iron formula adds strength and thermal resistance and the heat treating further improves performance.

The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and turbulence to improve cooling. (Fig 1, 2)

The center-mount flanges for hat mounting on the rotor ring have several design benefits. (Fig 3, 4)
They allow the ring to be used on either vehicle side simply by mounting the hat on either side of the ring,
and the stress load transferred from the rotor to the hat is balanced.

Air inlets to the vane openings in the ring are large and open to both inboard and outboard sides of the rotor.

Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is minimized by increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.

Mounting to both friction surfaces as opposed to one provides better heat balance.

EDP (Electro-Deposition Painting) for rust protection, double disc crosscut finish on the friction surfaces AFTER EDP coating
insures proper pad bedding and maintains parallelism and runout specifications. The final dynamic balance after machining is
a standard process to insure vibration free operation. Front (curved internal vane) rear (curved internal vane).
No X-Drilled, don't ask.

Looks great :smile:

So all we need now is a set of new brackets to make these rotors usefull for all those poor guys like me who drive around in an old NSX with those little rotors.

MvM said:
Looks great :smile:

So all we need now is a set of new brackets to make these rotors usefull for all those poor guys like me who drive around in an old NSX with those little rotors.
Maarten - you may ask someone who upgraded his '97+ model with a big brake kit requiring special new brackets. He may not need the OEM brackets any more and they should fit to older models. I would have been one of the persons to ask but I already sold the whole brake thingies long ago (to Hongkong if I remember it right).

Last edited:
Wolfgang,
Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely right about the brackets.
But it would be nice if someone would not just offer the bigger 97+ rotors but also the brackets so any pre-97 user can upgrade their brakes.
I know Detlef has been working/thinking about it but as far as I know he has not had time to finalize a solution yet.

A few of us tinkerers have been thinking about making such a bracket. In fact, I even asked a machinist friend to borrow my brackets as templates ..............

As with everything else related to NSX aftermarket products, when the order numbers are relatively small, one has to beg for a machinists' time and then try to negotiate a price that would be worthwhiles to generate interest for those sitting on the sidelines. Often the two scenarios don't go hand in hand.

Any chance of the 1 piece coming out for the 91-96 models anytime soon? I want the S/CD rotors (yes, mostly for looks), but really really want the EDP painting for rust protection. Nothing looks nastier than some rusty rotors behind clean wheels. Once you have those available for the 91 NSX, I'll be the first to sign up. :)

Deuce B said:
Any chance of the 1 piece coming out for the 91-96 models anytime soon? I want the S/CD rotors (yes, mostly for looks), but really really want the EDP painting for rust protection. Nothing looks nastier than some rusty rotors behind clean wheels. Once you have those available for the 91 NSX, I'll be the first to sign up. :)

not anytime soon, as PowerSlot, PowerStop, Autospecialty etc all make rotors for the car in the "old" size. EDP is no better (or worse) than the silver/gold platings you see on the other rotors at resisting rust.

Any idea how these (1 and 2 pc) compare to OEM 97s in terms of weight?

Back