• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

19's all the way around

And thats the way I bought it. Is it what I perfer? NO but I am taking a trip soon. So here is my question.

the car is lowered, the rear tires are slanted and the inside of the rear tires are wearing out, since the sizes are the same all the way around should I put the fronts in the rear and the rears in the front? I have heard no because the fronts turn also........what makes me concerned is that the front wheels sit flat on the road the rears do not. SO if the rears were in the front, the inside wear spots should not even contact the road. Which do you think would be less risky on a 1000 mile drive?

Last edited:
I would assume that the front tire size would be less then the back? I would assume its staggered--Pics tire and rim size needed. Sounds like the toe/camber on rear alignment. With wider rims and tire, the bow in the rear is more visual.

Have the rear tires flipped. As in on the right rim, unmount the tire, flip the tire around, remount it on that same rim. Do the same on the left wheel. Then swap right wheel from left wheel. It'll put the worn edges on the outside while still maintaining the tread direction.

Last edited:
Have the rear tires flipped. As in on the right rim, unmount the tire, flip the tire around, remount it on that same rim. Do the same on the left wheel. Then swap right wheel from left wheel. It'll put the worn edges on the outside while still maintaining the tread direction.

I do this every couple months and have for the last 4+ years and double wear out my tires :biggrin:

Flipping the tires in this manner may even out the wear. Note that this does NOT move the front tires to the rear or vice versa.

On the NSX, it is normal for the inside edge on the front tires to wear faster than the outside edge. It is not normal for this to occur on the rear tires, and it sounds like your car needs an alignment. Pay particular attention to the toe settings, as they are most likely to cause uneven wear (much more so than the camber settings that determine whether or not the tires "sit flat"). Also note that those with very large aftermarket wheels (e.g. 18"/19") may be difficult to align to spec, so that may be a cause of uneven rear wear, and in this case an alignment may not help.

Last edited:
On the NSX, it is normal for the inside edge on the front tires to wear faster than the outside edge. It is not normal for this to occur on the rear tires, and it sounds like your car needs an alignment.

Typo? Or am I just missing a critical piece of information that is not included in your response? Every nsx I've seen wears out more on the inside edges on the rear.......

Typo? Or am I just missing a critical piece of information that is not included in your response? Every nsx I've seen wears out more on the inside edges on the rear.......
No, it's not a typo.

Generally, OEM-sized rear tires w/ correct alignment & proper inflation wear evenly across their tread-pattern.

When you lower/'slam' the NSX and/or install after-market wheels (ie. 17/18 or 18/19), you'll get increased rear camber which greatly contributes towards tread-wear on the inner portion of the rear tires.

I have had various OEM-sized wheels/tires (15/16 & 17/17) & various OEM suspension-setups (stock & Zanardi), and I've always had nearly-ideal wear across my rear tires.

Last edited:
No, it's not a typo.

Generally, OEM-sized rear tires w/ correct alignment & proper inflation wear evenly across their tread-pattern.

When you lower/'slam' the NSX and/or install after-market wheels (ie. 17/18 or 18/19), you'll get increased rear camber which greatly contributes towards tread-wear on the inner portion of the rear tires.

I have had various OEM-sized wheels/tires (15/16 & 17/17) & various OEM suspension-setups (stock & Zanardi), and I've always had nearly-ideal wear across my rear tires.
Yup. And thanks for posting this. Note that this changes the need for an alignment noted in my earlier post, for those with big wheels (particularly those larger than 17/18). I'll go edit...

Back