• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st NSX & Friends canyon drive on a RESERVED road on 11/10/06

I don't mind moving to group B either. I'm in this to have some fun, so it doesn't matter what group I'm in.

Do you want us to send you our registration and tech sheet or do you want to get them at the track?

Thanks,
Bob

Yellow Zonker said:
Do you want us to send you our registration and tech sheet or do you want to get them at the track?

I'd like to get the sign-up sheets before the event to input to my spread sheet. I can use that to see the different track experiences from the above list of volunteers to determine who's more suitable to switch group. Like most people said, this is mainly for fun. Thanks for being flexible!

I already know that Si is staying in the A group. :wink: Let's say I've seen you drive on the track before. :smile:

Anyone without a lot of track experience will be much more comfortable in group B. It will be better for both them as well as the more experienced drivers in group A. I'm assuming some of the Group B drivers can get some passenger seat time with some of the A group drivers if so inclined.

ryneen said:
Anyone without a lot of track experience will be much more comfortable in group B. It will be better for both them as well as the more experienced drivers in group A. I'm assuming some of the Group B drivers can get some passenger seat time with some of the A group drivers if so inclined.

Ryan is right, if you only have a couple of track days under your belt, it is probably better to stay in the B group.

It is highly recommended that the first timers or someone that have never driven on Streets to ride with the group A drivers in the beginning.

Sorry to have to feed you info in bits and pieces! I'll know what to do next time around.

The drivers meeting is at 8 sharp. All tech inspection sheets are due at the meeting or before.

Group A stay for the first 30 minutes to go over the regular house keeping items. Like the directions that we are running, the flags, the passing zones.

Group B will continue for as long as it takes to go over the track, some driving technique, and track etiquette.

The track is hot at 9. We'll run 25 minute sessions alternating between the 2 groups. The schedule stays regardless of the amount of down time in your run group.:frown: So, the less spin outs and cleanups, the more track time we are going to have. Don't be a party pooper and ruin the fun for others! :redface:

It is around 120 miles from Irvine to Rosamond. So if you leave home at 5:30, you should be able to get there, have breakfast and get gas before to enter the track at 8.

FuryNSX said:
Chris,

Do you know of others who may be caravaning up? Since one option could have me coming from Orange, it's something to consider.

-Randy

We have a few that live in the Irvine/Tustin area. We are probably going to caravan up together at 5:30. For you to get to Irvine to meet up with us means that you'll have to leave Orange 15 mins earlier. If you are a morning person, you are welcome to join us. The more the merrier. :wink:

Or you can always let me know where'd like to join us on fwy 22.... You know the drill. :wink:

FuryNSX said:
Hey, San Diego to Pahrump is 300+ miles. :D

I'm surprise that you are only 30 miles farther than me. Yeah, next Saturday, I'm thinking of driving up there in the morning again. Start at 4 am and hope to be there by 8 am for the driver's meeting.

And yes, we are track rats as well. :wink:

I would like to caravan up from Orange/Anaheim Hills area. Do you think 5:30 is early enough to beat the traffic? I don't drive in that area at that time so don't know myself.

Jeff

Racerxjling said:
I would like to caravan up from Orange/Anaheim Hills area. Do you think 5:30 is early enough to beat the traffic? I don't drive in that area at that time so don't know myself.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Last time I head up on fwy5 starting from Irvine at 5:30 and hit a little bit of traffic going through the down town area. But we managed to get to Willow Springs on time to grab breakfast. This time, I think I'm going to go 5, 22, 405 instead.

I'm open for suggestions if you know of a better way to get there. Caravaning is definitely more entertaining than driving up by yourself. So I hope we can hook up somewhere on the fwy.

Chris

Are visitors allowed to drop by and watch?

Chris, Switch me over to group B to repalace davnak55 to keep everything balanced. Gil

coolnsx said:
Chris, Switch me over to group B to repalace davnak55 to keep everything balanced. Gil
I think David was asking if any one wanted to take his spot for the day since he can't make it.

davnak55 said:
Chris,
I was wondering if someone wanted my spot in the B Group?
Thanks for all your work.
davnak55

You should be contacted by someone soon. :wink:

Anyone else that is interested, please let me know because we have one more person had to pull out. PM me if you are one of the 50 + people that have expressed interest but didn't pull the trigger. This is your last chance.

SoCalDude said:
I think David was asking if any one wanted to take his spot for the day since he can't make it.

I understood that, I was just trying to give Chris a little more flexability to fill the space :biggrin:

Back