• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st NSX & Friends canyon drive on a RESERVED road on 11/10/06

Hello, all. :smile:

Just a word of warning. I live in Acton, which is about 30 miles south of the Willow Springs race tracks, on the 14 freeway, and I go up there when the S2000 gang goes for their track days. They just had one in September and three of them got speeding tickets on the 14 freeway, in Lancaster, which is about 20 miles from Willow Springs. :mad: Just keep an eye out. These people had radar detectors that didn't go off. I think they got them after just after Avenue K, where the freeway rises up a little.

Thanks Patricia, friend of NSX owners! :wink:

I heard that that area is the police training ground to catch speeders. We normally drive at speed limits around tracks. Just make sure that you don't turn this event into a $500+ event. $160 is all I want to pay. :smile:

Trust me, you'll have plenty of time to push your car on the track.

p.s. Patricia, we have a couple of S2000 friends at our event also. :wink:

Yeah, I've gotten a ticket or two on the 14 (I've lived here 21 years) and heard the same thing about it being a CHP training area. The bridges are all a mile apart (Ave. I, J, K, L, M, N) so that may have something to do with it. The last ticket I got there, I was clocked by an airplane between those bridges, who radioed down to three CHPs sitting there waiting to nail people. I saw the cops and thought I had it made but the airplane had already nailed me. :mad:

1st NSX & Friends canyon drive on a RESERVED road on 11/10/06, 1 Spot Still Open!

davnak55 said:
Chris,
I was wondering if someone wanted my spot in the B Group?
Thanks for all your work.
davnak55
Hey Everyone

Dave (davnak55) can't make it so if you are interested in going, shoot CDub (Chris) a PM, thanks.

Re: 1st NSX & Friends canyon drive on a RESERVED road on 11/10/06, 1 Spot Still Open!

SoCalDude said:
Hey Everyone

Dave (davnak55) can't make it so if you are interested in going, shoot CDub (Chris) a PM, thanks.

Hi Gene,

ANYTIME (John) actually has DIBs on Dave's spot. John, I suggest that you do something before some one jump on it. We have already reach the capacity.

Re: 1st NSX & Friends canyon drive on a RESERVED road on 11/10/06, 1 Spot Still Open!

CDub said:
Hi Gene,

ANYTIME (John) actually has DIBs on Dave's spot. John, I suggest that you do something before some one jump on it. We have already reach the capacity.
Great and thanks. Would love to see you there John!

OK, here is some info. We have access to the track at 7:30. Please be there before 8 am. You'd need to submit your tech inspection form and the time to get settled.

Things to do before the driver's meeting:

1> Check tire pressure. Make sure that you factor in the pressure change after a session. In order for me to keep the hot temp at 36f/40r, I'd normally set the cold temp at 28f/32r. YMMV.

2> Remove all loose items from the car. It is normally safe to leave things out in front of your car.

3> Double check fluid level.

Schedule
7:30 check in
8:00 General driver's meeting
8:30 Group B classroom
9:00 Group A (The track is hot)
9:30 Group B
10:00 Group A
10:30 Group B
11:00 Group A
11:30 Group B
12:00 Lunch (track closed)
1:00 Group A
1:30 Group B
2:00 Group A
2:30 Group B
3:00 Group A
3:30 Group B
4:00 Open
4:30 packup
5:00 Go home

Weather looks to be perfect on the 10th.

Last edited:
Here is the final list of attendees. If you are on the list and can not make it this coming Friday, let me know so that we can find you someone to take over your spot. There is no guarantee, but we'll try.

A Group
1. Nimbus S2000 (Aaron) I
2. NSX-Ster (Mark) I, DS Sign-up sheet received
3. NSXGOD (Mark) I
4. NSXTC Elise (Marc) I Sign-up sheet received
5. GruppeMUSA (Alex) I
6. Si (Si)
7. UFO (Mike)
8. Narlee (Greg)
9. Mark A. Z06 I
10. fkong777 (Fred) Sign-up sheet received
11. Yellow Zonker (Bob) Sign-up sheet received
12. Oligo Pantera (Steve) Sign-up sheet received
13. ryneen (Ryan) Sign-up sheet received
14. Mazda Miata(Craig)
15. S2000 (John)
16. Black Racer X (Lamar) Sign-up sheet received

B Group
1. Hotrod (Rod) Sign-up sheet received
2. SoCalDude (Gene) DS Sign-up sheet received
3. akira3d (Eric) Sign-up sheet received
4. nsxalot (Lance)
5. Anytime Integra (John)
6. sid Sign-up sheet received
7. Racerxjling (Jeff) Sign-up sheet received
8. Garry W. Evo
9. CKS Papa (Perry) Sign-up sheet received
10. TonyNSX (Tony) Sign-up sheet received
11. icefire (Jerry) Sign-up sheet received
12. SilverOne (Dave) Sign-up sheet received
13. Coolnsx (Gil) Tech sheet received
14. FuryNSX (Randy) Sign-up and tech inspection sheets received
15. POWERED by HONDA (Conrad)

Last edited:
The event is only 3 days away!!!:biggrin:

Please note that I have adjusted the time schedule after talking to the office. You can show up anytime after 7 to get settle in.

So the driver's meeting will start at 8:00.

coolnsx said:
CDub, are you still planning to depart Irvine at 5:00AM?

Yes, we should be able to get to Rosamond by 7. Instead of sitting down for breakfast, I'd just get gas and pick up food and head to the track. If I get to the track by 7:15, I'll have enough time to get set up.

The rest of the people from the caravan can have a sit down breakfast before they head to the track.

CDub said:
Yes, we should be able to get to Rosamond by 7. Instead of sitting down for breakfast, I'd just get gas and pick up food and head to the track. If I get to the track by 7:15, I'll have enough time to get set up.

The rest of the people from the caravan can have a sit down breakfast before they head to the track.
What time do you think you will be passing by the 5 & 405?

I know there is a south OC caravan. For those who live in North OC (Anaheim Hills) do we just wait on the side of the road or go backwards to meet up?

Thx

Jeff
Virgin track junkie

Because of the construction preventing an easy westbound SR-22 to northbound I-5 connection, I'll probably be coming up the 22 and across on the 91 to intercept the group north of the I-5/SR-91 interchange.

-Randy

Jeff, Most wait at the top of the onramp and monitor their club radio for the approach of the group

Jeff, Why don't you PM your cell # to CDub and we'll call you on the way up :biggrin:

Did everyone got the email blast Chris sent out? If not, check your in boxes, as there is important information in regards to Friday Funday.
One thing of importance is the tires. A quote from the email, so there is no surprise come Friday morning:
You won't be able to run if your tire treads are less than 2/32" tread and there is no refund!!!

Chris, one thing you didn't mention was the 3 Spin rule.
If you spin 3 times, you'll be asked to go home

I'll be helping Chris by doing some random tech inspections at the track to make sure no one is runnin on bald tires, excessive oil leaks, coolant leaks and other conditions that may pose a risk/hazard to participants/track officials and spectators. If you need to fix something, now is the time! No one wants to be sent home because of a mild oversight.

ANYTIME said:
Did everyone got the email blast Chris sent out? If not, check your in boxes, as there is important information in regards to Friday Funday.
One thing of importance is the tires. A quote from the email, so there is no surprise come Friday morning:
You won't be able to run if your tire treads are less than 2/32" tread and there is no refund!!!

Chris, one thing you didn't mention was the 3 Spin rule.
If you spin 3 times, you'll be asked to go home

I'll be helping Chris by doing some random tech inspections at the track to make sure no one is runnin on bald tires, excessive oil leaks, coolant leaks and other conditions that may pose a risk/hazard to participants/track officials and spectators. If you need to fix something, now is the time! No one wants to be sent home because of a mild oversight.[/QUOTEThanks for the help John, See you on Friday. :smile:

Back