• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000–2009 Honda S2000 Buyer's Guide: What To Look For

Cheers!

It's also in the February 2020 issue of the magazine on newsstands now, which sadly I'm told is the very last issue of Automobile magazine in print as the Motor Trend Group phases out many of its magazines.

Cheers!

It's also in the February 2020 issue of the magazine on newsstands now, which sadly I'm told is the very last issue of Automobile magazine in print as the Motor Trend Group phases out many of its magazines.

My beloved Super Street Magazine is going away as well, one of the last tuner print magazine stalwarts.
What hurts is that last year I renewed my subscription till 2022 or so, but this is what I got in return:
The good news is that in Super Street 's place, you'll receive the digital edition of your choice of MotorTrend, HOT ROD or Four Wheeler magazine along with six months of the world's premier online automotive streaming service, MotorTrend.
Which I guess is better than nothing. When my Import Tuner and Honda Tuning went away in the past, they just randomly started sending me Automobile Mag and/or Road & Track.

My beloved Super Street Magazine is going away as well, one of the last tuner print magazine stalwarts.
What hurts is that last year I renewed my subscription till 2022 or so, but this is what I got in return:
The good news is that in Super Street 's place, you'll receive the digital edition of your choice of MotorTrend, HOT ROD or Four Wheeler magazine along with six months of the world's premier online automotive streaming service, MotorTrend.
Which I guess is better than nothing. When my Import Tuner and Honda Tuning went away in the past, they just randomly started sending me Automobile Mag and/or Road & Track.

Hopefully some of these publications continue to exist or reappear later in an online format. I think we are in a transitory period - the desire for good journalism on cars will always exist, and the video format is simply too expensive to produce to become a replacement for text.

Hopefully some of these publications continue to exist or reappear later in an online format. I think we are in a transitory period - the desire for good journalism on cars will always exist, and the video format is simply too expensive to produce to become a replacement for text.
Super Street actually has a huge online/social media presence already. They were smart and started the transition a while ago. And, technically, both Import Tuner and Honda Tuning still live on, on the Super Street Network, lol.
But nothing really beats flipping through the pages of a magazine.
I agree, the videos and stuff are nice, but reading is still good, too.

haha back in the day there was a company selling oil or some other aftermarket juice and it used a pic of an nsx but with a hand drawn engine in the front..lol...Superstreet was the mag to have before all this online stuff..

My favo car rag folded, now into the hearst pubs group. Was enlisted until 2-2022 (light years away) - they now send me (unsolicited; GARBAGE) People Magazine.
Asked for a full refund.

Last edited:
You guys probably already know about it, but I highly recommend Evo magazine. Auto journalism is still thriving to some extent in the UK, and their focus is only on the cars we really want to read about (enthusiast cars, not daily drivers or SUVs). It's expensive, but totally worth it for the incredible content and insights on the cars, light years beyond what the USA magazines do (ashamed to say).

...except for sportscar international when it ran...great mag

So sounds like I shouldn't sell my stock, 16k miles, two owner, 02 s2000 in very good condition just yet? I find myself picking the nsx to go on a drive more.

Interesting timing. I just listed mine for sale. They are certainly wonderful cars.

So sounds like I shouldn't sell my stock, 16k miles, two owner, 02 s2000 in very good condition just yet? I find myself picking the nsx to go on a drive more.
I drive my NSX more as well. S2000 is a lot of fun, but the NSX is a little easier on these aging bones! :)

I drive my NSX more as well. S2000 is a lot of fun, but the NSX is a little easier on these aging bones! :)

The S2000 is a very frenetic, "always on" experience. I always laugh when people say the S2000 is a "baby" NSX - the two cars couldn't be more different.

The S2000 is more of a baby 911 GT3 than it is a baby NSX. A canyon carver and track star, but not really the right car for a basic Sunday drive or road trip. The NSX is much better for that.

Back