• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 Acura NSX new to the area

Hi, everyone,
I've got a 2000 Silver/Black NSX and I'm new to the MD/VA/DC area. I live in Silver Spring, MD, and wanted to ask some locals about where they recommend to have :

1- Service/maintenance performed
2- Stereo installation/car audio stuff installed

From a very brief online survey, I found a couple of spots to ask about: Is Rosenthal Acura any good for service? How about Daisy Imports for aftermarket stuff (I've called many times and left several voicemails- they never answered the phone nor have they returned my calls :frown: ).
Thanks in advance for now! -Tom

Hi, everyone,
I've got a 2000 Silver/Black NSX and I'm new to the MD/VA/DC area. I live in Silver Spring, MD, and wanted to ask some locals about where they recommend to have :

From a very brief online survey, I found a couple of spots to ask about: Is Rosenthal Acura any good for service? How about Daisy Imports for aftermarket stuff (I've called many times and left several voicemails- they never answered the phone nor have they returned my calls :frown: ).

Tischer Acura and ask for Jim Allen to work on your car only. Regina Ellick(sp?) is a really nice advisor to work with as well.

I think there are some shops in NoVA that members here have used for aftermarket and servicing as well...

Congrats for your new NSX.

I always trust Car Doctor for my Service / Maintenance Performed since 1999 and I never have a problem down the road.
Charlie is the person you need to deal with. I always let Charlie do the car inspections before I go to NSXPO.
His number is: 703-560-8870.

For Stereo / Car Audio / Custom Interior Installation, you may need to contact Scott (his user name here is Scott in MD).
His son work for the Custom Fabrication and I see his car in person at 2007 NSXPO, the quality of work is top notch.
His number is: 240-876-8233.

Enjoy your NSX

Welcome to the area.

I take my car to Curry's Auto in Dulles/Sterling.... They have a tech named Dan who is a Acura Certified NSX Tech and he is very good.

Call 571.522.1002 and ask for Jon Kofod (Service Manager and SCCA Competitor).

Regards,

Hey,
Thanks again for the suggestions.
Just as a follow-up, I called a few places and requested a quote for the timing belt/water pump service. Here's what I got so far:
1- The Car Doctor: $1550 :smile:
2- Curry's Auto: $1500 :wink:
3- Tischer Acura: $2400 :eek:
So, I've been told that it's roughly 10 hours of labor, and that the charge for labor is approximately $110 per hour.
Anyways, if I find any more interesting info, I'll let you all know. Thanks again, and please keep the suggestions coming! -Tom

Hi, everyone,

Hi neighbor,

Stereo/Electronics by Nsxprime member brianK http://nsxe-repair.com/
Parts http://nsxpartsdb.com/parts/
Service http://www.pohankaacura.com/ 866-845-8538

I took mine all the way to Pohanka Acura, Service by Mike acura Master mechanic Jerry advisor for Timing belt and thorough inspection. "They will match quotes if you bring receipt". Alot of good service people in our area.

Hi, again,
Thanks once again for everyone's suggestions. Just as a follow-up, I went with Curry's Auto, and here is the breakdown of the services performed, and the cost:

1. Parts:

Timing belt $179
Water pump $355
Drive Belts $69
Spark plugs $129
Valve cover gasket kit $70
Brake/Clutch fluid $28

2. Labor:

TB/Water pump $1,100
Mount/Balance 4 tires $52
Alignment $275
Flush Brake/Clutch fluid $165

I'm definitely satisfied with the customer service provided by the folks at Curry's Auto. I had the pleasure of meeting many of the staff, and they were all very helpful. I felt that they went the extra mile to accomodate me, and that's speaks volumes. I definitely recommend them without reservation.
BTW, there was another NSX there, and Jon told me that the owner of that car has 5! NSX's! I had heard about that before in other threads here, but I couldn't believe it! -Tom

-Tom

Back