• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 NSX Blk/Blk 30K mi JH4NA216XYT000033

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, gentlemen,

Just a quick background introduction about me and my NSX history:
I have been a member of NSXPrime since 2001 (time flies!), having owned 3 NSX's thus far. Just this past August 2012, I purchased my most recent one, and unfortunately, I find that not only do I not have time to drive the NSX, but also I have seemed to have lost the "euphoric" sensation that I used to have when I do get a chance to drive the car :frown: In other words, the NSX just doesn't "do it" for me, anymore.

I am a physician in Houston, TX, and I can get pretty busy. Also, I am away for conferences often. Therefore, I am having EVS Motors here in Houston sell it for me (consignment) due to these time constraints - it's at their place right now. http://www.evsmotors.com
But, with that being said, I decided to post it here on NSX Prime first.

Here are the details:
Year: 2000
Make: Acura
Model: NSX-T
VIN: JH4NA216XYT000033
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Miles: 31K
Number of owners: I think that I am the 3rd or 4th owner, I can't remember what the CarFax said.
History of Paintwork: NO
Accident History: NO
Stock: YES - except for window tint and Zublin Smartenna that keeps the antenna down when CD's are played
Title in hand: YES
Maintenance:
- up to date 90K major services, including timing belt/water pump, all fluids, hoses, struts, exterior bulbs, etc for preventative purposes has been done by Barney (Barnman) Demonbreun in TN, who is considered one of the best NSX techs in the area, Aug 2012
- Clutch, per Barnman three months ago, has 50% life left
- Other wearables (such as tires) with plenty of tread left
- Recently I had both the clutch master and slave cylinders replaced (as the slave cylinder went out on me) ~$800
- Otherwise, mechanically, everything works as it should (windows, climate control, CD player, speakers, etc)

Some things that I have done since my 3-month ownership:
- At EVS Motors, Stage II paint correction and complete interior detail, plus one rim repair, I think ~$700
Please check out this link for pictures of this work! http://www.facebook.com/pages/EVS-Motors/144237273337?sk=deals&filter=10150214165878338&pvsig=1493293730#!/media/set/?set=a.10151254397263338.518345.144237273337&type=3
- Window tint ~$150
- Replaced the steering wheel and shift knob with brand new OEM ones ordered from acuraoemparts (Tim) ~$700
- Replaced the rearview mirror with brand new OEM one ~$200

Records:
Barnman has a copy of the itemized receipt for the major service described above# I have been having a heck of a time trying to get in touch with him for this (unfortunately this is not uncommon I've been told),but I have his number and email address if you like# I have a copy of the check that I wrote to him (~$3,800), along with all the email correspondence detailing this work#
I do have some records that were given to me from the previous owner too
I have all service records otherwise since my ownership
I have the PPI report done by Barnman just a few months ago too

Items included:
- NSX bag and car cover
- Two keys with two remotes and leather covers
- Owner's manual with original leather case
- Original window sticker
- Shin-etsu grease
- Zymol interior cleaning products (never used!)

Asking price:
As it needed the deferred major services, I purchased this NSX from a lawyer in TN for $48K. As you can see from the above list, I promptly put in >$6K to refresh it and update all the maintenance. Obviously, I also paid TX tax, title, and registration to the tune of $3K. With that being said, I am asking for $48K + $6K = $54K. I feel that this is a fair, no-haggle price, as you basically get a stock, up-to-date NSX for the same price I paid three months ago without having to go through any of the trouble that I went through to get it updated! Now, on to the pictures!

Feel free to email me at [email protected] with questions

Edit: I now have the major service (timing belt, water pump, etc) receipt from Barnman!

Attachments

• 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 908
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 988
  • 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,184
  • 180.jpg
    180.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 199.jpg
    199.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 862
  • 205.jpg
    205.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 832
  • 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 923
  • 243.jpg
    243.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 833
Last edited by a moderator:
Please lock thread
Wow, this thread started on 11/16/2012 and my NSX sold on 11/20/2012!
Thank you, NSX Prime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back