• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 6spd yellow/yellow JH4NA21642T000083 Carfax report /accidnet

Pleaes note to all NSX Primer looking at this car. I just recently got wind from another NSX Primer whom advised me that this car was involved in an accident and saw it noted in CARFAX. Good thing the seller took the car back because after reading the carfax report I would not have wanted it. My mistake for not doing this research sooner, however it just shows you the integrity of the seller of this vehicle who states on his ad that the car is accident or repaint free.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84406

Quote from the original ad: "I purchased this car 2 yrs ago from an Acura dealership in N. Cal. The car has a clean title with no accidents or paint jobs. Paint condition is immaculate, no scratches, no dings. Car is always garage kept and only driven on the weekends. I have purchased another car, so this one needs to go. Below is a list of items I have put into the car: Unquote

attached is the carfax report! which also note it had 5 OWNERS!

Attachments

• nsx1.jpg
    nsx1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 144
  • nsx2.jpg
    nsx2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 100
Re: 2002 6spd yellow/yellow JH4NA21642T000083 Carfax report /accidnet!!!

It still offers the buy back guarntee. I wouldn't really worry about it. Just have it inspected. But the thread said clean title which it still has but he should have disclosed the accident.

I really wonder if Carfax ever bought a car back before? That would be intesting to know.

Hey the comes with a Lifetime Roadside Assistance too per the original tread along with the warranty. Never need to worry about flats and towing again for the Lifetime of the vehicle.

........which also note it had 5 OWNERS!

What's wrong with 5 owners or any number in general?

It mixes up the body odor of the drivers.

We're not talking about women now are we?

I'm the 5th owner of my NSX when I bought it with 30k~ miles on it.

It's the mileage and accident history that matters.

Sorta like a gal.

She can be with a number of guys and not contract STD/HIV/Hep C, etc....

Yet you can get a gal that got any one of those STDs on her first pop.

Geeezus.

Nothing wrong with 5 owners, if that is your preference. Just like being with one gal that had 5 lovers, is it the same or does it not matter?

What's wrong with 5 owners or any number in general?

Some car buyers think, that if there was 5 car owners within a short time frame, that there was something that was not repairable, or too expensive to fix, or some other general problem.

The 'issues' caused by having numerous owners do exist, to a certain extent fairly consistently. Cars with numerous owners have owners that own the car for less time compared to a 1 or 2 owner car of the same year. People who own cars for comparitively less time care less about maintenance in general. If an oil leak is relatively minor but cost $1500 to fix, someone who plans on and therefore does own the car for 5 years, will fix it. If someone plans on selling it within 6 to 12 months.. the return on that $1500 may not be as appealing.

This just a random example that isn't always true but is a general trend. People also tend to beat on cars they plan on owning shorter amounts of time more so than people who plan on keeping their car for 5+ years. It goes from extreme with a rental car to your NSX you plan on giving your son's son that you wash twice a week.

Now if a 15 y/o car has 4-5 owners who each had it relatively 3 years at a time, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

I believe i'm in 8th owner of my s2000 lol surprisingly there's only 37k on it. So they sure didn't do a lot of driving.

Let me clarify the facts before you start slamming me on my integrity. Here is the actual part (cut and pasted) from the carfax report that you can barely see in your second attachment:

03/13/2003 6,068 Collision Repair Facility
Iowa Vehicle inspected after an
accident or other incident
A vehicle inspection completed
by your dealer or professional
inspector is recommended
CARFAX began reporting information from this source on 02/14/2007.

when I ran the carfax report in 2004 when I purchased the vehicle, the accident was not even showing. Hence, I stated no accidents since there was definitely no accidents from the time I had it. If carfax just started reporting on 2/14/07, obviously it did not show up in 2004. Maybe that's too difficult for you to understand.

5 owners, it does not mean that much. there are only a hand full of these exotics and everyone wants a piece.

more attractive the girl, the more guys will try to be with her.
:wink:

my hottie has 7 owners..... i think im #8. she's still tight and nible, i still feel lucky to drive her around.:smile: + she's a keeper.

click on the link in my sig to see my hottie 8 owner nsx. she's black.

sorry to hear the turn of events yllwnsx, good luck on your sale.

Who cares what car fax reports. Have the car inspected, look at the repair order on the damage, hopefully they have pictures of the damage. What if it was just a 5 MPH bumper repair and was still reported because it cost $1500 to repair? An inspection by a trained professional at a top body shop is what matters.

Aside from that the fact yellwnsx bought the car back speaks to his integrity. If he had no integrity he would have said "buyer beware". I think yellwnsx is a good guy for handling it the way he did.

Back