• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2003 NSX JH4NA21683T000105 near Buffalo, NY

I'm seriously considering the following car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...8062878?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4165a31d1e

Does anyone have any info on it?

A quick search on these forums tells me that the past seller in 2009 was asking 49 000$ for it. Seems like the current seller wants to make a profit on it whilst having driven it for a few years...

Timing belt/Water pump have not been changed yet and there is a tear in the driver side door/targa roof rubber moulding. Dealer called Ray Laks wants 1676$ to have timing belt, water pump, alternator/compressor belt and spark plugs changed. That seems ok.

However, the cost to fix the slightly torn rubber moulding near the door is 1200$ Apparently they need to replace the entire thing...it's called ''weather stripping''...?

What do you guys think?

at 50 i think its a good deal. 45 SMOKING in between still good. with the minor things it needs you will be well under 55 and i would say the car is about a 55k car with only 30k miles.

but thats my opinion.

I dislike the chips... but cant do anything about that and the seal can be changed. not a cheap one but not 5k either.

I would suggest sending a PM to user "The Hawk". He lives in that area and is extremely knowledgeable about these vehicles and may be able to give the car a look over for you.

As far as my limited knowledge goes, the car looks nice and the upfront nature of the seller about problems is always a good sign. Good luck!

That car is cheap. I was checking it out online earlier as well.

I would suggest sending a PM to user "The Hawk". He lives in that area and is extremely knowledgeable about these vehicles and may be able to give the car a look over for you.

As far as my limited knowledge goes, the car looks nice and the upfront nature of the seller about problems is always a good sign. Good luck!

good advice

I agree. It's cheap. What They asked for before is irrelevant check 2002+ prices, they don't seem be going down at all. Supply is limited. This car will sell.

Update:

I agreed on pricing with the seller and the car will be inspected at Ray Laks Acura in Buffalo this Wednesday.

If the inspection goes well I will fly in, test-drive the car and then give the green light to my bank.

I can't wait! :smile:

Fingers crossed for everything to go well...

Best of luck! Hope you'll be enjoying the drive back home soon enough:biggrin:

congratulations, silverstone is a great color and the car will give you years of enjoyment

I'm looking at everyones posts lately and it says 5/15/2012... I'm Eastern Time and its 10:30pm here. :confused:

back to the topic at hand... hope it turns out for you, if so, what a steal.

Turns out the car needs some tlc...front wheels are bent, needs 4 new tires, 4 rotors, rear brake pads, vibration in brake pedal and steering wheel, (linked to warped rotors and the condition of the mags and tires...)water leaking through the roof, chips/cracks on the windshield, needs weatherstrip, allignment is off, timing + water pump need to be done, and a few other things...

So the savings I thought I had by getting a good deal are out the window....I'll pass up this one.

Last edited:
Good grief, is that what passes for "excellent condition" these days?

361_sm.gif

O K Jacques79 I wasn't going to jump in on you and queer any deal, but man I swear I looked at this 2003 at Dave White Acura, Sylvania (Toledo) Ohio. I thought I posted on it, but search of VIN here revealed nil. (checks notes in ongoing listing of 2002-newer NSX's.... ah yes, here it is). My notes:

"3T000105 is a silverstone/onyx 6 speed viewed in person 11-29-2008 at Dave White Acura, Sylvania, OH. Listed on EBay multiple times/Craigslist as well, mileage at 28,239. They first wanted low $60,000's for it, BIN 12-11-2008 at $55,900. Vehicle allegedly a GM executive's car. And, it looked like a daily driver. Condition poor, front bumper has scrapes/scratches, rock hits, front undercarriage showed indication(s) of being "bottomed out," front lower spoiler very well worn, interior crying for loving leather treatment, even the passenger's seat well worn. Car needs much TLC. Engine compartment dirty, interior dirty. Most I would offer in (then) market would be +/- $43 K."

I wondered where it went. Bet it got wholesaled into PA, then went into NY. Once you posted your findings I guess it's open season on an abused NSX.
Call them the way I see them. Again, FWIW. Best for your continued search.

you get what you pay for! unfortunate as it sounded like a dream steal!

Turns out the car needs some tlc...front wheels are bent, needs 4 new tires, 4 rotors, rear brake pads, vibration in brake pedal and steering wheel, (linked to warped rotors and the condition of the mags and tires...)water leaking through the roof, chips/cracks on the windshield, needs weatherstrip, allignment is off, timing + water pump need to be done, and a few other things...

So the savings I thought I had by getting a good deal are out the window....I'll pass up this one.

Also remember all the ones on prime that said good deal were all going off the pictures... I know I was.

Back