• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX-T Red/Tan 6-Speed 35287 JH4NA21625S000061

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX-T
Transmission:
6-Speed
Exterior color:
Red
Interior color:
Tan
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA21625S000061
Price:

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
No
Owners:
2 (3 if you include the current seller/title jumper)

Seller Information
Dealer:
Yes
(203)360-4145

Maintenance Information
Excellently maintained car. Timing belt and water pump service being done. All records available.

Details
I Purchased the NSX in 4/2017 with 35,064
Had the NSX shipped in an enclosed trailer to my home. Drove the NSX only 223 miles. Don't have the time to enjoy.
Garaged under car cover. I have 2 binders, one of service history and other with upgrades.

The car is New Formula Red over black and camel two-tone interior.

Here are some of the OEM and add'l equipment:

6 spd manual gear box
Cruise Control
TCS - traction control system with a factory defeat switch
Automatic climate control. AC works perfectly and blows super cold.
Onboard storable T-Top
CD Changer/iPod hook up in trunk
HID headlights
Black over tan two-tone leather interior in excellent shape
4-way electrically adjustable leather seats
3M clear bra paint protectant on car's front surfaces
Electric windows with driver express down
Keyless entry
Lo-Jack equipped

Since day one, this has been an adult owned and driven car that has always been garaged. Here are some the details and provenance of the car:

This is a 2 owner car. The first owner was a gentleman named Dr. Frank who leased the car new in 2005 from Valencia Acura in SoCal. I know this because when I bought the car I found among the documents in the glove box a maintenance receipt from Valencia Acura, so I called the dealership and spoke to a salesman who remembered the car and said it was owned by a doctor named Dr. Frank. He said that the car was maintained impeccably well - as the Carfax print out supports. 2nd owner purchased the car from Acura of Concord in Feb of 2009 with 22,000 miles on the odo. Since then put on 13,000 miles...so that's about 1,600 miles/year during my 8 years of ownership with most of that happening during the first 5-6 years.

In 2011, enhanced the performance of the car to keep it current with modern sports and supercars. After much research on-line and talking to fellow NSX owners (particularly those from NSX Prime - www.nsxprime.com) I decided to give my car to Shad Huntley of Driving Ambition near Sacramento, CA, and took his suggestions on which improvements offered the car the most value in terms of performance and reliability. Shad Huntley enjoys a stellar reputation as one of the top NSX technicians and mechanics in the country. Below is a list of the components that were added to the car. CT-Engineering is known for building high quality and super-reliable components for Honda and Acura cars.

CT-Engineering Super Charger kit (low boost pulley - 6 lbs)
CT-Engineering headers/muffler/catback exhaust
CT-Engineering carbon fiber air box
CT-Engineering anti-sway bar kit, front and rear
Bilstein sport shocks
Stoptech front brake kit (rear stock calipers painted red to match)
Science of Speed sport clutch with OEM-like pedal pressure

These additions have made a huge improvement in the car's overall performance. Motor output went from 290 hp to 405 hp (351 at the wheels). The car is super quick now with performance equal to that of a 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera. Handling is much improved as well. The car tracks much flatter through corners and the ride, while firmer, is not at all uncomfortable. Also, the brakes on this car are amazing! The CT-Eng supercharger has proven to be incredibly reliable. There have been no issues at all with the car pre or post the performance additions. All the modifications are 50 state CARB legal. The car has passed every smog test with ease during 8 yrs... thats 4 smog tests.

Documentation of all the work done as well as routine maintenance records are available upon request and will be given to the new owner.

Recent maintenance, March 2016:

Rear brake rotors turned and new shoes installed
Gear box oil/lubricant replaced

Timing belt and water pump replacement done. This is a recommended service at 60k miles, but it's being done as preventively due to age of the belt, as 60k usually happens well before the 12 year mark. Don Lam at Hilltop Auto Service is doing this work as well as the routine required valve adjustment. Don Lam is another expert NSX technician who is well known in the Bay Area NSX community. Many many Bay Area NSX owners have trusted Don with their timing belt and water pump services.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me clarify, for those of who inquired about, "How many owners?" I purchased the NSX, but never registered it. If you run the Carfax or Autocheck, it will state 2 owners. Please do not trash the thread with unnecessary comments. Hope this clarifies the question!

Let me clarify, for those of who inquired about, "How many owners?" I purchased the NSX, but never registered it. If you run the Carfax or Autocheck, it will state 2 owners. Please do not trash the thread with unnecessary comments. Hope this clarifies the question!

If you bought it and didn’t register it then it sounds like you are acting as a dealer. I think this is the 6th Nsx you have listed here. Please explain the background since going forward you may need to identify yourself as a “dealer” here.

If you bought it and didn’t register it then it sounds like you are acting as a dealer. I think this is the 6th Nsx you have listed here. Please explain the background since going forward you may need to identify yourself as a “dealer” here.

Moderator, call it dealer or owner, whatever makes you feel better. Makes no difference to me. The NSX is for sale, private.

So you are doing title jumping/floating....which is illegal and can hurt a buyer?

Last edited:
Moderator, call it dealer or owner, whatever makes you feel better. Makes no difference to me. The NSX is for sale, private.

Then I will choose to call you a dealer.

It becomes important to buyers since if you buy and flip a certain number of cars you then become subject to Lemon Laws and buyers have additional recourse against you potentially. (I have been approved as a Lemon Law Arbitrator with the NYS Attorney General's Office)

Last edited:

Title jumping is the act of buying a vehicle and selling it without registering the vehicle in your name. The title “jumps” from one owner to the next, without any record. Title jumping is also known as a jumped title or floated title.

Formerly, title jumping was a practice used by car dealers to avoid having to pay taxes on vehicles. Today, though, title jumping is not limited to just car dealers. People title jump for many reasons, but mostly to avoid paying sales tax and to avoid the actual title process.

Title jumping is illegal in every state.

Even if you purchase a vehicle and turn around the next day and sell it, you are legally required to transfer the title into your name. There are exceptions to this rule, though, such as when a title owner is deceased and the next of kin wishes to sell the vehicle.
Title Jumping - Dangers to sellers

You are title jumping if you sell a vehicle without transferring the title into your name.

Most states require you to transfer the title into your name within a specific time period. But even if you miss the time period, you are still required to put the title in your name.

Sellers who do not transfer the title into their name before selling a vehicle technically are not the legal owner of the vehicle. Risks include penalties, fines, and/or jail time.

Title Jumping - Dangers to buyers

If you purchased a vehicle from someone whose name was not on the title, you risk many possible headaches.

Headaches include:

Problems with transferring the title into your name at the DMV
Lengthy back-and-forth with the seller/original title owner
Not knowing how many people the vehicle was owned by. Potential vehicle issues, etc.

In many cases, prior sellers and/or the original title owner cannot be located. This means you are stuck with the burden of figuring out what to do on your own.

If You Are The Victim Of Title Jumping

If you bought a vehicle and the seller’s name was not on the title, you have a few options:

If you bought the vehicle from a private seller, you could try to get the seller (or current title owner, if different) to transfer the title into their name and sign the new title over to you (have your local DMV help you with this)

If you bought the car from a dealership, you could file a claim against the business

In either situation, you could try to get your money back and avoid the headache

If none of the above options work for you, you could possibly get a bonded title

Please note that the last option (bonded title option) is not a solution for everyone. You need to check with your local DMV first before starting the process.

You are always free to take legal action, but most people choose to not do so because of the time and money involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back