• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 European NSX event !!!

Hi NSX'ers,

I've seen quit some threads here on Prime about NSX events, trips, tours, etc. in a lot of countries in Europe and I am wondering if there might be enough interest in a European multiday NSX event.

It will take a lot of organizing and it is impossible to please everyone, but I really want to make it an event that will suit most NSX'ers.

I suggest I will take track of all replies, suggestions and whatever else on this thread and try to work out a rough framework and schedule for such an event.

It seems to me that if such an event is gonna take place, we should think about sometime next year (2007) around June/July. Possible dates will depend on the location(s) we finally choose.

To start with, I like to suggest that the event should at least contain a tour trough quit some countries in Europe.

If the idea of a 2007 NSX event seems to turn out into a reality, I will contact the European Honda offices to see what they can contribute and try to find other sponsors to make it an event which will be talked about for a long time.

Ofcourse, any idea is more than welcome so ...

...get creative and let me know !!!

Last edited:
Hello Dirk,

Because of the canceling of the Spa-Francorchamps NSX-days some of us are having the same idea .... nothing much concrete now but we're very interested in other opinions :biggrin:

Greetz

Blue Eyes,

That's even better. What I suggest is that we combine efforts to make it something European instead of something local ...

I definetley want to participate in a Euro-NSX event. Our american friends have NSXPO and it would be great to have something in the same style in europe.

I can't until june 25th, after that I have vacation until 20th august! Anywhere between should be great.

I wonder what norwegian NSXers say to this, I know 2 of us are from North-Norway (I'm from south) and driving down the continent together seems like great fun.

I'll be following this thread :)

Great idea!

Hello Dirk,

Honestly, I did not know the Spa-Frachorchamps days had been cancelled.
And YES, it would be great if we could have a good nice NSX get-together.

Depending on what needs to be organized, I am willing to help out.

This sounds great!

More UK NSXs wanted to come to Spa this year, but can't.

If we organise well, there could be a interest from UK cars to come too.

There are UK track clubs that still go to Spa. There is one at the start of September for the weekend.

Perhaps we should tour several countries and every country we enter is in charge of organising a local event (tour or trackday ?) :tongue:

... or is it going to be more of a "one-location-somewhere-central-in-Europe" kinda event ?

j14nsx said:
This sounds great!

More UK NSXs wanted to come to Spa this year, but can't.

If we organise well, there could be a interest from UK cars to come too.

There are UK track clubs that still go to Spa. There is one at the start of September for the weekend.

I agree, sounds like a plan, and there's nearly a year to get it sorted.

Cheers,

James.

Nordschleife maybe?
Plenty of space to park, central located, cheap to drive on the circuit. Easy to crash your car...lol

But then, i first got to fix me engine :eek: :eek:

DutchBlackNsx said:
Nordschleife maybe?
Plenty of space to park, central located, cheap to drive on the circuit. Easy to crash your car...lol

But then, i first got to fix me engine :eek: :eek:

What's wrong with it?

In general: good idea! should take place out of the range of holidaytime, maybe spring may/june. Deep interest in driving not just only meetings. :)

Hé,

I like the fact that only in 1 day, there's quit some feedback on my suggestion.

Blue Eyes':
I didn't know Spa is cancelled. But I think if we want to make it an event no one will forget, we do need more time than a few weeks, so let's go for 2007. Maybe Spa is on the agenda then again, but if that's the fact, we can maybe combine Spa and the NSX Euro event.
Your suggestion that we should let every country organise a part of the event, seems OK to me, so I'll keep it on the "list of great ideas". :smile:

|Adeel:
Great to hear there's enthousiasm in Northern Europe as well. It's a long way to drive down the continent, so we better make it so special that a few 1.000 kilometers :wink: shouldn't be a problem to attend. And combining effort seems to me the only way to get this event going ...

MvM:
Thanks for offering your help ... I will need it!

J14NSX:
It will be great fun if UK drivers want to join the event, so we have to make it something special. Like I mentioned in my reaction to Blue Eyes', organising it this year will be a to short period of time to make it happen, so my goal is to organise it for 2007.

Papalazarou:
That's right ... nearly a year. And I honestly think we need that time to make it something special.

DutchBlackNSX:
Good suggestion ... goes to the list as well. :wink:
Good luck with your engine ... what's wrong?

goldNSX:
You're right in my opinion. We should stay out of the hollidayperiod, but we do need to find a period in which we have a maximum chance to have nice wheather. And ofcourse it should be not only a meeting, but most of it driving. We must try to combine both elements.

Looking forward to more reactions!

I will update the list with ideas/suggestions every couple of weeks to make it something worth choosing from.

Hi

Great thread. I have a few suggestions and ideas myself.

How about a trip to north Norway? A event where the NSX'es of the south drive the scenic tour from south of Norway up to Mo i Rana where Arctic Circle Raceway is (probably the best racetrack in north Europe).

Then one or more days there before we drive further north and end up at Nordkapp. You can't get more north in Europe.

I will post pictures here (or in another thread if that is more convinient?). With trackpictures, what you could expect in regards to road and things to see.

I know Jon-Are also have a few things to add here as he drove 3000km in his NSX recently on the scenic route going north.

For you guys in Europe the trip is not that far. Just VTEC in fifth for a couple of hours and you are at Kiel in Germany. Then a few beers and a shot of whiskey and you are in Oslo to meet up with a few norwegian NSX'es.

Then 1000km driving the scenic route north to Mo. Then..well I have to work on the details and post a suggestion here with stops and things to do on the way.

Regards

Theres at least 4 UK NSX's go to Le Mans each year in June, maybe do something around then to combine trips and save the hassle of getting over the water?

leigh

martin said:
Hi

Great thread. I have a few suggestions and ideas myself.

How about a trip to north Norway? A event where the NSX'es of the south drive the scenic tour from south of Norway up to Mo i Rana where Arctic Circle Raceway is (probably the best racetrack in north Europe).

Then one or more days there before we drive further north and end up at Nordkapp. You can't get more north in Europe.

I will post pictures here (or in another thread if that is more convinient?). With trackpictures, what you could expect in regards to road and things to see.

I know Jon-Are also have a few things to add here as he drove 3000km in his NSX recently on the scenic route going north.

For you guys in Europe the trip is not that far. Just VTEC in fifth for a couple of hours and you are at Kiel in Germany. Then a few beers and a shot of whiskey and you are in Oslo to meet up with a few norwegian NSX'es.

Then 1000km driving the scenic route north to Mo. Then..well I have to work on the details and post a suggestion here with stops and things to do on the way.

Regards

Well, I always wanted to see Hammerfest with the german u-boats of the second world war but viamichelin tells me it a 3500 km 'trip'. :eek:

goldNSX said:
Well, I always wanted to see Hammerfest with the german u-boats of the second world war but viamichelin tells me it a 3500 km 'trip'. :eek:

Hi

Thats about right.

See this

7000km in the NSX

You never saw me complaining :biggrin:

So come on and go north :biggrin:

Regards

Kowalski said:
Theres at least 4 UK NSX's go to Le Mans each year in June, maybe do something around then to combine trips and save the hassle of getting over the water?

leigh

Dude, the point is to get out and drive the car. Having to go across the channel twice in one year is really not that big of a deal:smile: .

Another point is that Le Mans seems mainly a British thing. I mentioned going to LeMans here in June, but had no replies. I guess the other Europeans don't do LeMans.

To be a central location for the majority of people here, LeMans is not a good location.

I guess we need to decide whether this event is to have some track driving or not. Once this is agreed, then we need to find a circuit that can be hired and used. This will limit our options as to where to go (rules out Switzerland:smile: ).

To the organiser: Just some advice, No matter what you try and organise, you will never please everyone. There will always be some, who can't make certain dates or certain locations. I know this from experience of organising the UK events. All you can do is decide a date, and location. Whoever can make it along will do, those who can't, won't be able to go. The best thing to do is publish a plan as soon as possible, and then people can sort out their own lives to fit.

I don't think going to the track will please the vast majority as it absorbs the full day. If you like to go on the track join the http://www.nsx.ch/en/index.html . Just a matter if the event lasts one or two days. First day could be tracking, second day the none-trackers join for a ride. As far as the ride is concerned, Germany or France could be fine, laster one preferred. I know Swiss people are spoiled by the landscape and mountains. :)

I don't think going to the track will please the vast majority as it absorbs the full day. If you like to go on the track join the http://www.nsx.ch/en/index.html . Just a matter if the event lasts one or two days. First day could be tracking, second day the none-trackers join for a ride. As far as the ride is concerned, Germany or France could be fine, laster one preferred. I know Swiss people are spoiled by the landscape and mountains. :)

I agree regarding the track driving. If the event includes a full day of track driving a lot of people can be put off becuase they do not want to track their cars. It is also boring for other people to watch.

However, if the event is a 'tour' as described in the first post, it may be possible that as part of the tour, there is a stop at a track for an hour or two.

Then some people can have a go on the track if they want. If not, it's only a short stop before the tour moves on to somewhere else.

It's just an idea. There are rallies from the UK that do this type of thing.

j14nsx said:
I agree regarding the track driving. If the event includes a full day of track driving a lot of people can be put off becuase they do not want to track their cars. It is also boring for other people to watch.

However, if the event is a 'tour' as described in the first post, it may be possible that as part of the tour, there is a stop at a track for an hour or two.

Then some people can have a go on the track if they want. If not, it's only a short stop before the tour moves on to somewhere else.

It's just an idea. There are rallies from the UK that do this type of thing.

So Nürburgring could be a place to go as we have some people here who always wanted to abuse their car on that track. :D

Count me in :)

Very interested!

Was at Le Mans this year and was one of the hopefuls to go to Spa before it was cancelled.

Not fussed about putting mine on track but may jump in for a passenger ride.

Anywhere would be nice, just want to get out and drive and get away from the bl**dy camera's here in the UK :mad:

regards

Back