• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2008 Tesla Roadster

Picked up a new toy. The NSX is superior in many ways but hot damm, this thing puts a smile on my face :smile:
Anyone else here have one?

IMG_6368.jpg
IMG_6364.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Congrats. How heavy is it? Does most of the weight down low makes it feel less heavy than it really is?

I believe they are 2,700lb so only a tiny bit lighter than a NSX.
It does feel heavier in the turns and under braking (yikes!) but it's a rocket in a straight line.

What made you pick the Tesla over an Elise/Exige?

I really really wanted an EV for commuting and running around LA.... and, except for the Model S (which I can't afford) all the current gen EV's are too slow or have a very limited range.
An Elise is much cheaper of course but this one is more fun to zip around town in.

Love the torque, quiet operation and the fact I never have to stop for fuel!

^I test drove one in July 2010. I couldn't believe the instant, hard acceleration! It was strangely quiet, and when I let off the gas, the engine breaking or whatever you call it, felt strange. It's got to be a blast to drive around on a daily basis. Congratulations on your new toy.

BTW, I don't recall ever seeing one with a hard top. Hmm.

Last edited:
Back