• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2013 SRT Viper released

Not a fan really. Am I the only one that sees this as a bit of laziness? Looks like they took the body of a viper a few generations ago and add a body kit. Not innovative IMO but the interior looks much better and I bet it flies. Interested to see the performance specs.

Your the only one. They went back to one of the best looking designs for a production car ever.

Now, as a former gen2 Viper owner....will it be more fun to drive? It was like fighting a bull constantly....

Your the only one. They went back to one of the best looking designs for a production car ever.

Now, as a former gen2 Viper owner....will it be more fun to drive? It was like fighting a bull constantly....

I some what agree, I like the clam shell style hood, but don't like the clown shoe look. I like the Gen 3/4 coupe style, but this one seems a little too rear heavy(looks-wise) to me. Not saying I don't like it, I just wished the profile was a little less GTS, and a little more SRT10 coupe.

But ultimately, seeing it in person will be the deciding factor.

I was always a huge fan of the GTS, then the SRT coupes, and really like the SRT10 convertibles too.

One of the best looking cars on the road. Totally distinctive, modern, classic styling, etc., etc., etc. Would love to own one :rolleyes:.

Great looking car!

One of my favorite cars of all-time is the Viper GTS. I wanted a red or blue/white stripe Viper GTS as a kid (but bought the red NSX instead :smile: ).

This new Viper looks just similar to the GTS, but with a nice interior. I'd love to own one. I'm thinking yellow with black racing stripes!

Looks great imo, although I do agree that all the American car companies seem to be doing throwback designs for their sports/heritage cars (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc.)

With the Viper though, I think it works. While I would have liked to see more innovation, I think the Viper is just one of those cars like the 911 that will/should keep that overall design it started with and evolve over the years/decades.

I remember always balking and doing a double-take when I saw an original or early-model viper pass by on the streets--something that turned into a casual glance when the later roadsters passed by. I think this body style is more exotic and demanding of attn.

Like what they did with teh front/back/interior.

Lol this was the only thread remotely related to my post.........after years with tossing my landcruiser around like the nsx I decided to order a durango srt because of the extra seats and storage capacity....from what I have read the 392 engine is reliable....and there are plenty of durangos in the world to blend in with:cool:

quick update ...have about 120 miles on the dsrt........driving dynamic are everything I was hoping for...makes driving fun again.Fit and finish weaksauce....

haha no it took 3 months to build and receive I now have 150 miles in 6 days.....the driving feel and increase in performance is quite noticeable between the street-sport-track settings..the tranny will hold gears in manual mode to redline...nice.

its a hoot ...wife yells at me, kids giggle....every crazy yutz want to race.....:biggrin:

haha 2 years later and the SRT has performed reliably, its "right size"...and now just ordered the hellcat version to replace the 392....that will be a hooooooooooooooot :biggrin:

Back