• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2015 Acura NSX: Ferrari 458 Excitement, Porsche 911 Price?

Although the Acura NSX has been hyped everywhere from auto shows to Super Bowl commercials, we still know relatively little about the car. Fortunately, Acura NSX development chief Ted Klaus has revealed more details about the model, promising it will deliver “the excitement of the 458 at the price of the 911.”
It is known that the Acura NSX will feature a V-6 engine paired with two electric motors. Official stats have yet to be released, but Klaus is apparently not fixated on performance numbers.
“The NSX has never been about a set of figures on a piece of paper,” Klaus said, speaking with Autocar. “As with the original, the eventual power figure won’t grab headlines, for instance, but the qualities that you can’t write down, such as driver involvement and pleasure, are the ones that will matter.”
The Porsche 911 and Ferrari 458 comparisons give a glimpse of what to expect for the NSX. The 911 is priced between $85,000 and around $180,000, and some speculate the NSX will split the difference at $110,000. Breed this with a 570-horsepower 3.0-seconds-to-60-mph Ferrari 458, and this is apparently what the NSX will look like.
According to Klaus, pcb board the Acura NSX, is also being measured against the Nissan GT-R, Audi R8, McLaren 12C and other sports cars. The Acura NSX launches in 2015.

.........thankyou that sums it up nicely.......like the cliff notes for all those huge threads just below this one:confused:

That sounds like something I want. I am just worried once I buy one there will be the Type R and the Type S and variant X and version W. I'm also worried if I DON'T buy one, the price will escalate fast, like the GTR did. Someone tell me what to do. LOL

Buy one, take a long over due road trip that includes Austin, TX and let me take over for a couple hours while you rest up for the next leg of your journey.

Problem solved.

Buy one Dave cause the first model year will be the best value.
As you know traditional Japanese marketing is to offer superior value at launch then gradually raise price levels.
Ted Klaus mentioned Honda is expecting to sell 1000 per year in N. America so the market shouldn't be oversupplied with resultant price discounting.
I think Honda learned from the first gen on that.

.........thankyou that sums it up nicely.......like the cliff notes for all those huge threads just below this one:confused:

Yeah exactly......was it necessary to have another thread on this? Of course T2G quickly pounced on the opportunity to boost that post count. LOL

That sounds like something I want. I am just worried once I buy one there will be the Type R and the Type S and variant X and version W.

Dave
Been thinking about the higher performance models that may follow the base unit.
I'd guess any suspension, engine, body changes will all be bolt-on, made in the USA parts, so should be able to upgrade.

Back