• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 Acura NSX vin 19UNC1B01HY000667

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone in the future considering buying this car, it was surrendered to American Honda Motor Co., Inc as a Lemon/Manufacturer buyback.

I will be providing detailed information about the issues that the State of Florida, Attorney General Office, used to determine the car is a LEMON.

Furthermore, Napleton's Acura West Palm Beach is incompetent and should be avoided at all costs.

2017 Acura NSX VIN 19UNC1B01HY000667

Last edited:
I wonder if such lemon buybacks are reported to Carfax? I think this post is completely warranted....... I doubt it would be resold, but you never know.

I wonder if such lemon buybacks are reported to Carfax? I think this post is completely warranted....... I doubt it would be resold, but you never know.

Each state is different. Florida will report it as a Manufacturer Buyback. However Acura isn't going to attempt to repair it.

nsxauction.jpg

So, looks like it's being treated as if it were a "total"? So, buyer beware.....

So, looks like it's being treated as if it were a "total"? So, buyer beware.....

I asked the lady who did the paperwork with me what auction and she said not your usual. So I know it's not going through Manheim or your typical insurance auction. I had the car appraised by a wholesaler with all of my documentation and he said the car was only worth $85k at most.

Last edited:
it will end up in Cancun....parked in front of senior frogs....

Ahem, really? Deleting posts from those with a different viewpoint? How silly. This car will be picked up quickly and brought to perfect running condition in no time IMO. Someone's going to get a steal.

Ahem, really? Deleting posts from those with a different viewpoint? How silly. This car will be picked up quickly and brought to perfect running condition in no time IMO. Someone's going to get a steal.

You know why your first post was deleted. I have nothing to do with the fb pages but I am not going to let that nonsense carry over to a pissing contest here. Anyone fanning the flames here will get burned by the fire so just let it go already.

$85k would be a great deal. If someone could live with the stigma of what will no doubt show up on CarFax, and get the car fixed by someone that actually knows what they’re doing.

Though I do find it amazing that Honda is just going to put that into remarketing and not try to fix it first.

$85k would be a great deal. If someone could live with the stigma of what will no doubt show up on CarFax, and get the car fixed by someone that actually knows what they’re doing.

Though I do find it amazing that Honda is just going to put that into remarketing and not try to fix it first.

But the risk is not knowing where the problem first started. Early on in my ownership I had excessive tire wear which I asked about and was given the run around. Having owned many high performance cars before, I just accepted it as part of the daily operating costs. When I turned the car in, I had only put 200 miles on it with the new Conti6's, and they said the rear tires were already at 6/32 and their limit is 4/32. So Something is seriously wrong for the car to be wearing tires out in under 500 miles.

But you know what, it's no longer my problem and Napleton's Acura is the worst dealership in the USofA.

As I’ve said, it’s an alignment issue. As unbelievable as it is that two different dealers and however many other field techs from AHM that may have been involved couldn’t figure it out, I still think that would have easy enough for me to find. Unless whoever did the gas tanks originally did something ultra stupid like cracking the frame or something along those lines, and just doesn’t want to fess up about it or doesn’t even know they did it. Oh well. Maybe someday I’ll find out what it actually took to fix this car. Since I doubt it’s getting crushed. Someone will buy it. Which means someone will eventually fix it.

Will AHM offer any support for this car? I know from working with BMW that once a car is a buy-back there is no more field tech support or help from BMWNA at all which with those guys is a real problem since they are the only ones who know what is in the shadow memory ( the stuff they can access from the car but the dealer can not ). As an aside isn't it precious how some customers think they know more about cars than you do because they have researched on the internet and assume that you are not as intelligent as they are because you work in the car business. I always fantasized about going to the orthopedic surgeon and telling them how to do a knee replacement or an aeronautical engineer and telling them how design an airplane because I researched on the internet.

It's not that I know more than a technician, I just have friends with a lot more knowledge than me who are in the automotive industry. The way the car reacted to throttle input, and the way you could feel the torque of the front wheels, there was definitely something deep inside the car that was a major problem. The car also vibrated pretty badly, even after multiple new tires were installed, and balanced, with the new machines that the Acura dealerships were forced to buy.

I could have driven the car during the time I was waiting for my arbitration hearing, but it was really dangerous to drive. It pulled so badly that it was a chore to drive and fight against, every time you gave it more than 15% throttle over 40mph. Over 80mph it was not at all fun. So for ten months it sat not even being moved one inch.

MasterNSXTech, you have to understand that after all of this happened, and as a result of the gas tank recall, I was done with ownership. The car had numerous problems beforehand. However I loved the brand and the car. I didn't let those issues stop me from driving the car either. I was very forgiving knowing how much R&D went into it, and it was a bargain for what it offered. However, my wife didn't want me to get injured driving it and I have two young kids who need a father. So ultimately I had to make a decision. Enjoy my health and family, or try to enjoy a car that now had a serious problem. I'm sure you can understand my reasoning.

I no longer care to know what the problem was, and I hope someone googles the VIN and finds this thread. It should help deter them from buying this NSX and doing any business with Napleton's Acura Palm beach.

DocL, in no way was I referring to you ( and surely hope that you are not an orthopedic surgeon - that would really be embarrassing ). It was clear to me from reading your side of the story in your posts that you were just trying to get someone from the dealership or AHM to help you which for some reason never happened. In a way all the pain you went through may serve some purpose if we are able to follow this car and see what happens to it.

Luckily I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, so no offense taken either way. I had so many people who work for Acura tell me it is just an alignment issue. My response was just to give more information about the car.

DocL, I'd also be interested in hearing about the process: what it took to get Honda to buy the car back.

Each state has different laws and procedures. I suggest using an attorney who is familiar with the process. Mine was a dreadful process.

Lemon

2017 Acura NSX VIN 19UNC1B01HY000667

Unfortunately, the manufacturer is at the mercy of the dealership network regarding the lemon laws. If you get an incompetent dealership that screws up a repair 3 times, well then the car is branded a lemon (definitely appears on CarFax and, if I'm not mistaken, the actual title is branded "lemon" forever). Although I haven't been following your particular case, I've noticed a few people say that your highly critical of the NSX; I feel that your anger and frustration should lie solely with the dealership that you dealt with.

unfortunately, the manufacturer is at the mercy of the dealership network regarding the lemon laws. If you get an incompetent dealership that screws up a repair 3 times, well then the car is branded a lemon (definitely appears on carfax and, if i'm not mistaken, the actual title is branded "lemon" forever). Although i haven't been following your particular case, i've noticed a few people say that your highly critical of the nsx; i feel that your anger and frustration should lie solely with the dealership that you dealt with.

j.a.f.o.

Wow. You sound like a great, easy going guy. I've been a member of NSXprime since its first iteration in the early 1990's. Had a 1991 Gen1 from new until I sold it 2 years ago, and am in the process of getting a 2019. I also owned a Honda dealership from 2004 until September 2019, so am quote familiar with how the lemon laws work.
You want am arbitrary observation based on your attack? It's not the dealership; it's not Honda; it's you.

docL is the zohan.....and you don't f#k with that:tongue:

You want am arbitrary observation based on your attack? It's not the dealership; it's not Honda; it's you.

Maybe you want a factual observation. I had bought seven Acura’s from Ed Napleton’s Crappy Acura over a period of 20 years. I was brand loyal. Heck, I even had two RLXs. I drove past two other dealers and an extra 15 miles to be loyal to that dealership. So you being a dealership owner would probably appreciate a customer like me. I always brought my cars to them for every service, even if I could DIY. Which by the way I was fully capable of. I was a huge supporter of everything Acura. And that is why I decided to support a company and get their flagship product again. The NSX.

My arbitrary observation of you is that you got out at the right time. AHM is a poorly run company and I hope the Acura division fails miserably with the NC1.

Maybe you want a factual observation. I had bought seven Acura’s from Ed Napleton’s Crappy Acura over a period of 20 years. I was brand loyal. Heck, I even had two RLXs. I drove past two other dealers and an extra 15 miles to be loyal to that dealership. So you being a dealership owner would probably appreciate a customer like me. I always brought my cars to them for every service, even if I could DIY. Which by the way I was fully capable of. I was a huge supporter of everything Acura. And that is why I decided to support a company and get their flagship product again. The NSX.

My arbitrary observation of you is that you got out at the right time. AHM is a poorly run company and I hope the Acura division fails miserably with the NC1.

I can certainly appreciate your position. My issue is that you decided to call me a f'n observer (or whatever). There was no need for that.

I can certainly appreciate your position. My issue is that you decided to call me a f'n observer (or whatever). There was no need for that.

Well I say it as I see it. I didn’t notice any of your input prior. And I believe you had an issue beforehand which was responded to with that acronym. Nothing more, nothing less. Capiche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back