• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

225/45 18!!!!!!! Fronts!!

I live in WASH, DC and the roads here are horrible!!! So i bought the 225/45 18 to help avoid the pot hole damage to the rims. As soon as they were put on, they were rubbing when i turn. Any suggestions? Should i get 215/45 or should i go down to a 225/40??? Anyone out there have any experience with bad roads, big rims and tire size????
Ian

I live in WASH, DC and the roads here are horrible!!! So i bought the 225/45 18 to help avoid the pot hole damage to the rims. As soon as they were put on, they were rubbing when i turn. Any suggestions? Should i get 215/45 or should i go down to a 225/40??? Anyone out there have any experience with bad roads, big rims and tire size????
Ian

Yes... You'll bend them, but you just can't change the tires sizes... Instead of 215/35/18s you can try 225/35/18s. But thats about it. I'd stick with 17/18s if you are city driving. Especially around New York Ave... :)

Yup. 215/35-18 is the only 18" size that's probably not going to rub up front (at least some of the time). And even that size is already bigger in diameter than the stock front size on the NSX - but it's the smallest commonly-available 18" tire size. So unless you want to get different wheels, stick with 215/35-18 in front.

As for dealing with the potholes, it appears (from your list of mods) that your suspension mods may be partly responsible. I assume you have lowered your car via the suspension (springs and/or shocks). I recommend that you return the car to its stock ride height, either with a different aftermarket setup or with the stock suspension. This will help the rubbing as well as the susceptibility to damage from potholes.

10" lift kit:biggrin:

Sorry brother, those tires just won't fit.

215/35/18 is the recommended size.

215/35/18 has a diameter of about 23.9"
225/45/18 has a diameter of about 26.0"

You're talking about a 2.1" diameter difference here (or ~10%), of course you're going to rub!

Back