• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheels ***SOLD*** SOLD Set of 18/19 BBS LM REPS $1,200

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are REPRODUCTION BBS LM wheels made by ESM Wheels (they weigh about 5oz LESS than equivalently-sized BBS LMs). ESM has been around for 20 years and their wheels are JWL and VIA certified & manufactured at the same facilities as many OEM and private label designs.

The wheels have painted silver centers and large polished lips. The Acura center caps shown on the wheels and the original ESM center caps, metal hub centric rings, and four new valve stems are included with the sale.

The fronts are 18x8 +35 and the rears are 19x9.5 +25. They fit great on a stock-bodied NSX. They’re pretty close to flush on my car that’s lowered almost an inch, with no rubbing. Several photos showing the wheels’ fitment on my car from various angles are below.

When I purchased these for my ‘96 NSX I was told that 3mm front spacers were required on 91-96 cars to clear the calipers (extended lugs are not required for the spacers). I’ve always used the spacers (on both my ‘96 and ‘98) as I had no desire to test the accuracy of that statement. If you need front spacers, you can have the set of H&R spacers that’s shown in this listing’s photos; just be sure to let me know before I ship the wheels. These wheels are probably NOT BBK friendly.

The wheels look great! There aren’t any bends, cracks, curbage, or any other damage on the wheels. They’ve never seen rain, snow, curbs, or an impact wrench.

The shop that mounted the previous set of tires scratched the wheel lips, so they paid to have the wheels refinished a couple of years ago. There is one 1x4mm mark from the tire mounting machine on one of the wheels that the refinisher didn’t completely remove, but it isn’t really noticeable unless you know where to look.

When packaging the wheels for shipping, I didn’t see any other blemishes (cuts/dimples) larger than 2x2mm besides the one mentioned above. There's about a 3mm scuff or mark on the painted surface of one of the wheels, but it doesn't go through the paint.

If you want them, I’ll also include the set of tuner lug nuts shown in the photos (you cannot use your stock lug nuts with aftermarket wheels). The lug nuts work fine, but the finish on them is kind of crappy. Just let me know you want them before I ship the wheels.

Pickup in eastern Virginia is preferred, though I’m willing to meet you halfway in northern Virginia or Eastern NC if that works better for you.

The wheels can also be shipped at buyer’s expense. They’ll only be shipped to your verified PayPal address with signature required at delivery.

Price is $1,200 + PP (or F&F) + actual shipping cost.

Representative approximate shipping costs:
Atlanta: $132
Jacksonville, FL: $135
New York City: $124
Chicago: $152
Denver: $192

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg
2-2.jpg

Last edited:
The wheels/both sets of center caps/hubcentric rings/H&R spacers/tuner lug nuts & socket are packaged and ready to ship.

Local pickup is also fine (and preferred)!

The tires I ran were intentionally not sized for optimal performance. I ran rather narrow front tires because I didn't want to lose the lightweight feel of the front end, and taller-than stock rear tires to try to reduce wheelspin as I was building my car for turbo (she'd spin stock-sized tires @60mph). I ALWAYS follow Stuntman's "How to size and select tires for PERFORMANCE" guide on the forum for tires that'll see track use.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I ran 215/35/18 and 275/30/19 and really liked that setup.

I said that the wheels won't clear BBKs mainly because I didn't want to make any claims about their suitability for any particular brake package without firsthand knowledge.

As noted in the original post above, they require 3mm spacers to clear '96 and earlier calipers.

The tires I ran were intentionally not sized for optimal performance. I ran rather narrow front tires because I didn't want to lose the lightweight feel of the front end, and taller-than stock rear tires to try to reduce wheelspin as I was building my car for turbo (she'd spin stock-sized tires @60mph). I ALWAYS follow Stuntman's "How to size and select tires for PERFORMANCE" guide on the forum for tires that'll see track use.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I ran 215/35/18 and 275/30/19 and really liked that setup.

I said that the wheels won't clear BBKs mainly because I didn't want to make any claims about their suitability for any particular brake package without firsthand knowledge.

As noted in the original post above, they require 3mm spacers to clear '96 and earlier calipers.
Thanks for the reply
I will be contacting you soon

WMDNSX -

I haven't found any mentions online of anyone actually measuring these wheels for a BBK. The spokes are very close to the outside of the front calipers, so if your BBK calipers stick out wider than the stock ones, they probably won't work with these wheels.

There is quite a bit of room between the tops of the calipers and the insides of the barrels, so taller or slightly longer calipers should clear the wheels.

Below are a few close-up pics of the front caliper, the rear caliper, and the insides of the front wheels to give you an idea of how much clearance there is for calipers and the shapes of the insides of the spokes. The wheels appear to have slightly different shades of silver because one photo was taken in sunlight and one photo was taken in a parking garage.

a. Front caliper clearance.jpgb. Rear caliper clearance.jpg

d. Inside front wheel 2.jpgc. Inside front wheel.jpg

WMDNSX -

I haven't found any mentions online of anyone actually measuring these wheels for a BBK. The spokes are very close to the outside of the front calipers, so if your BBK calipers stick out wider than the stock ones, they probably won't work with these wheels.

There is quite a bit of room between the tops of the calipers and the insides of the barrels, so taller or slightly longer calipers should clear the wheels.

Below are a few close-up pics of the front caliper, the rear caliper, and the insides of the front wheels to give you an idea of how much clearance there is for calipers and the shapes of the insides of the spokes. The wheels appear to have slightly different shades of silver because one photo was taken in sunlight and one photo was taken in a parking garage.

View attachment 188336View attachment 188337

View attachment 188339View attachment 188338

WMDNSX -

View attachment 188336View attachment 188337

View attachment 188339View attachment 188338
Can you email me at [email protected]
So we can discuss shipping options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back