• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys/gals, that watch the show, think about this season?

It's pretty good.
Chloe is the BOMB!!!!

Jack Bauer- an ass kicker & name taker!!

TyraNSX said:
Jack Bauer- an ass kicker & name taker!!

I'm Jack Bauer....(TW ad)
I want to be like Jack...(MJ ad)
You don't know Jack... (24 ad)

So what do you think is going to happen next week.
I think jack is going to Shoot the F18 down with his handgun....:biggrin:

24=best show on TV.

At the end of the season, Jack will hop into his NSX and drive off...and next season his car will get stolen and he'll spend the day punishing the people who messed with it. :tongue:

This is my favorite show!!! It's the only thing I look forward on Monday.

I don't like this season at all. It's defintely not their best season of the show. I thought it was very interesting at the beginning, but after they started revealing the president as a "terrorist", the plot started becoming 'stupid". It seems like they're running out of ideas.

This is the first season we have actually watched. The other seasons were pretty bland and we never could get into them. This season is going good.

I've never watched the other seasons. One of my friends got me addicted about 6 or 7 episodes ago. Now I'm seriously addicted. I'm more anxious about Monday's than the weekend now!

Jack Bauer isnt a herion addict, herion gets it's rush from doing some Jack Bauer

It takes Jack Bauer 13 minutes to watch 60 minutes

It would only take 1 bullet for Jack Bauer to kill 50 Cent.

This was the first season that I ever watched. I didnt think that it would of been a good show. But now I just can't wait for mondays to come around now.

He hee... I got pretty kicked when I saw the phone that Chloe was using. I like it when I see geeks with the same toys I use.

As a hardcore geek, I would have liked to see her run her laptop off of the stun gun :). Mebbe next time.

I think he will start jettosoning the luggage and the bags will get sucked into the fighter's intakes and boom! You just watch! Jacks da man!

-vamsi

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
This was the first season that I ever watched. I didnt think that it would of been a good show. But now I just can't wait for mondays to come around now.

First full season I've tuned is as well, and aside from "Lost", this is the most "kick-ass" show on TV. Don't know how they can top something like this for next season.

My wife and I got started with "24" last summer when one of her coworkers lent us season one and two and then gave her season three. We watched season four during our trip to Vietnam (brought the full season on my PSP) and have been watching the fifth since it debuted in January. First season is still my fave, but this one has been pretty cool. I still can't believe how this season began...having seen all of the previous episodes certainly made it more unexpected.

It's been tough watching "24" as it airs this season...we had gotten so used to watching multiple episodes in one sitting (as many as eight per day). I also am looking forward to finally getting a HDTV because the DVD widescreen 5.1 presentation totally blows away the standard broadcast presentation.

We watch "Lost" too...and I'm a big fan of the new "Battlestar Galactica".

It sounds like a lot of first timer for 24 show. I highly recommend first time to catch the previous seasons. If you like this seasons, then you'll enjoy the other ones as well.

Man..I wish Michelle was still alive.

I miss Kim, Jack's Daughter. She is so hot:biggrin: Elisha Cuthbert, Mmm, Mmm:redface: I think overall it is the best show on TV. Every episode is like a movie.

I also watch Prison Break, Sopranos (im from NJ, what do you expect), Lost, and quickly becoming one of my favorites.....Big Love. Margine is smoking hot!

The Kid said:
Sopranos (im from NJ)!

Ya I watch it too, but it's kinda odd watchin it with your mother while one ofthe guys is rubbin his face in the the girls chest. It's just awkard. Does anyone know is House is on DVD box set yet. I never watched it but it looks interesting.

24 is the bomb! It's just about the most perfect action show on television and I'll tell you why.
First, each episode is like a summer action blockbuster without the overpriced concessions and crying babies (unless that's what Mondays are like at you place).
Second, each episode starts with a situation set us from the previous episode, but they resolve that situation before the end of the episode and in the last 5 minutes set up the next situation for resolution in the next episode. It's genius! They give you the satisfaction of a little plot resolution each episode, but have you on the edge of your seat, waiting for next week cliffhanger.
Third, Jack will do whatever it takes to get the job done, like when he put a hot one into Chris Henderson's wife about 5 episodes ago when he refused to say who he was working for. This guy is driven, beyond driven. Jack is straight off the chain, when he has to be. Finally, the writers have no qualms about completely flipping the script and killing central characters (i.e. Ex Pres Palmer, Edgar Stiles, Lynn McGill, Michelle Desler, Tony Almeda in just this season alone)

Don't sell the earlier seasons short. Last season was ridiculously awesome as far as storyline complexity and plot mechanics. The writers have the unenviable task of outdoing themselves each season and so far they have been up to the task.

Also good this season are Thief on FX....and..... that's it. Everything else kinda sucks. But then again i'm really picky about my entertainment. "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" is coming back for all the twisted kiddies out there.

Tell your friends. 24 is the hottest show on TV.

Last edited:
On House last night they had a patient in Quarantine and Cutty Told House somethign lilke "We have a Level 3 Quarantine situation" and House said "Did you call Jack Bauer" It cracked me up!:biggrin:

Well, enjoy it while you can because Jack Bauer is going to die in 3 years (his contract has been extended for another 3 years). He's going to get killed by the Chinese government :)

I've watched it since the beginning but it's really gone downhill. My wife stopped, at this point, I just watch it because it's TiVoed and on the weekends there's nothing else on.

This season just got absolutely ridiculous, but the thing that really turns me off is all the BS-techno crap. I mean come on.... last season they chased a terrorists out of an office building and snagged the computer in his cubicle. Curtis calls Edgar and says 'it's locked down, I can't get in without his password'. Edgar's response was to 'hit ctrl-alt-f5, that's the backdoor'. WTF!?!?!?!?!? How STUPID do they think we are? That's the episode where my wife (a non technie) pretty much lost interest. Leading up to that were magical satellites and super-duper image restoration of faces that were shot from 30 miles up. It's like friggin Star Trek with the 'miracle' technology.

akira3d said:
We watch "Lost" too...and I'm a big fan of the new "Battlestar Galactica".

IMO, those are the two best shows on TV today. If you haven't heard, there is a new Galactica series in the works called Caprica. It takes places 50 years in the past and focuses on the Adamas and the inventing of the cylons. Dunno how involved Ron Moore is though, hopefully VERY involved or it may suck.

I got this from the net:

---------------------------------------------------------------
There is only one Jack Bauer
And you'd better believe it!

- You can lead a horse to water. Jack Bauer can make him drink.

- If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

- If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

- Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

- Every time you masturbate Jack Bauer kills a terrorist. Not because you masturbated, but because that is how often he kills terrorists.

- Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.

- Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

- Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

- 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

- Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days. Wait, that is a real fact.

- Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

- Jack Bauer let the dogs out.

- Superman wears Jack Bauer pyjamas.

- Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

- If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.

- Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

- Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

- Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.

- When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade.

- When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.

- Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

- The quickest way to a man's heart is through Jack Bauer's gun.

- Jack Bauer can get McDonald's breakfast after 10:30.

- Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.

- People with amnesia still remember Jack Bauer.

- It would only take 1 bullet for Jack Bauer to kill 50 Cent.

- Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

- Jack Bauer has been to Mars. That's why theres no life on Mars.

- When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Jack Bauer

- Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better fucking do it.

My girlfriend got me hooked on 24, and I think that this is by far the best season yet. I can't believe how far they take it, but it's all still totally plausible and you never feel like it's an impossible plot.

robr said:
totally plausible??? holy suspended disbelief, batman!

To me this season has been the most far fetched. All the PDA stuff has been stupid. Like setting of bombs with a PDA.. come on..

Nonetheless, 24 is the best show on TV, IMO.

I don't watch it, but friends love it, and my Dad is obsessed with it. I'm a South Park die hard though... and SPEED when NASCAR isn't on (oxymoron cuz it's always on NASCAR)....

Back