• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3.2 OBD2 maps copying onto ROM chip for OBD1 ECU?!

For the computer gurus.....is it possible to copy the OBD2 maps from the oem 1997+ ECU onto a OBD1 1991 ECU? Maybe I get a 3.2 oem engine and want this to use with the OBD1 ECU and the oem 290cc injectors with a resistor bypass to run the saturated injectors. I was told the oem ECU would handle this, but perfect would be to have the maps from the 3.2 engine oin this ECU?! thanks

I'm not a computer guru but a few days ago I bought a chip reader/burner. If you can desolder the chip from an NA2's PGM-FI, you could download the data off the chip and then see whether sr5guy's definition makes sense of the data set. If it does, you should be able to load NA2 maps onto an NA1 PGM-FI chip, I'd think. If you don't have anyone close by who can read the data off an NA2 chip, we could meet up the next time you're in my area or I'm in yours.

Sr5guy I'm sorry for not having followed but are you working on making the OBDII computer be programmable for aftermarket tuning? If yes, how is that coming along? Is there any hope?

Back