• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd Annual BBQ/Potluck & POKER game at Makena88's house - August 26 2011 (Friday)

Re: 3rd Annual BBQ/Potluck & POKER game at Makena88's house - August 26 2011 (Friday)

I might be interested in attending, but I'm not much of a gambling person so can I sit out the poker tourney or participation is a must? :redface:

David

I think the rule is, those who are not playing, automatically become cocktail waitresses. :eek:

Re: 3rd Annual BBQ/Potluck & POKER game at Makena88's house - August 26 2011 (Friday)

Yes, that was the procedure last year. Everyone coming had to do the same buy-in at the poker table, but could then choose whether to play or just leave their contribution in the winner's pot and be a cocktail server instead. ;-)

OK, more seriously, while Steve should reply as to his goals for his party, my memory is that only a small % of those at the party ended up playing poker last year.

Chip

but........your asian! haha j/k

Haha, I know - it should be flowing thru my veins :tongue:

I think the rule is, those who are not playing, automatically become cocktail waitresses. :eek:

I don't know if I would be any good as cocktail waitress, accident prone :biggrin:

Yes, that was the procedure last year. Everyone coming had to do the same buy-in at the poker table, but could then choose whether to play or just leave their contribution in the winner's pot and be a cocktail server instead. ;-)

OK, more seriously, while Steve should reply as to his goals for his party, my memory is that only a small % of those at the party ended up playing poker last year.

Chip

Poker game is just for whoever wants to play (up to 10 people) we do it for fun every year for bragging rights. (Come Chip play agresssive!)

We usually all put in $20.00 or whatever everyone agrees on. 1st and 2nd place takes the pot (70% and 30%) My only rule is play to the end. No splitting the pot ;) or we can do 1st, 2nd, 3rd... when it comes time we can all agree to the pot.

I'll have the TV on with Videos, etc for who doesn't play. We usually play at the end of the night, tourney, then after we play a nice "Cash" game :biggrin:

Also, I'll inbox everyone my address on wed/thur.

Word of advice, if you choose to park in front of my house the sidewalk has a slight "bend" so don't get too close to the curb if you want to save you wheels. Also do NOT block my driveway, you will get ticketed by Sunnyvale Police.

Roger, if you are coming early (hint, hint) you can help me with the BBQ :)

I'm bringing 1, if not 2 gals that Long Vu have met, So i'll most likely bring the Goat.

Bring lots of wine ;) and no burning out on my street! hahaha

Bring lots of wine ;) and no burning out on my street! hahaha

I'll help out with the wine. I'm pretty sure no one will be drinking the colts. maybe a side bet for roger if he loses a hand :biggrin:

I'll help out with the wine. I'm pretty sure no one will be drinking the colts. maybe a side bet for roger if he loses a hand :biggrin:

hahaha.... Wine would be great (chardonnay hint hint ;) )

hahaha.... Wine would be great (chardonnay hint hint ;) )

of course. chardonnay and moscato.

Long, do u want to bring the wine or the rest of the ingredients? All I need is "$2 buck Chuck" from trader's joe. I can cover the other half.

It's what I used in the past and these guys love it. it's more consistent with my recipe.

The other wines are a hit or miss with Sangria.

Long, do u want to bring the wine or the rest of the ingredients? All I need is "$2 buck Chuck" from trader's joe. I can cover the other half.

It's what I used in the past and these guys love it. it's more consistent with my recipe.

The other wines are a hit or miss with Sangria.

sure, i'll cover the wine. i'm thinking 1 chardonnay, 1 moscato, and 2 cabernets.

I dont drink...........well at least not when I'm taking people's money.......... :biggrin:

BTW - Here is a pic of the last guy I beat.

Attachments

• rounders1.jpg
    rounders1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 46

I dont drink...........well at least not when I'm taking people's money.......... :biggrin:

bahahahaha....

I was able to find some video of me beating that crazy Russian guy............BTW... people say I look a lot like Matt Damon....:tongue:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YFF3E0Aqdlc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

do you tell yourself that after while flexing in the mirror?

tumblr_lnn51sFret1qm74xpo1_500.gif

do you tell yourself that after while flexing in the mirror?

dude...that's disturbing.....why would you even have a video like that on your computer.........LOL

You got issues............

i did the same thing at your place in Half Moon Bay. It was great!

it's going to be a loooong night (haha)

Chip this year you really should play in our "cash" game you will be surprise how well you will do ;)

Last edited:

i did the same thing at your place in Half Moon Bay. It was great!

dam....it tool me a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about since I don't live in HMB. That place I posted for rent is my brother's.

Hey everyone, whoever is on the list below I sent you PM with my address. If you did not receive it, please PM me back.

1. Makena88 (Steven) - BBQ Short Ribs or Brisket, etc......
2. Dhalsim - box of kleenex for Steven and drinks
3. 02#154 - I'll think of something to bring later
4. Calexand (Chip) - I'll bring some good red wine
5. Batmans - Sangria and Vietnamese coffee
6. Xetronic - Macaroni Salad
7. Aridon99 (John) - Bread and/or dessert
8. Slamstrom (Alan) - TBD
9. Edub - {very probable} - Sodas/refreshments
10. MikeC - salt and peppered prawns
11. Racer-ex TBD - +1
12. Rick + Hannah (Food TBA)
13. Sicarius82 (Long) - 40's of Colt 45 (or equivalent)

My apologies for the late inquiry, but is there room for two more...specifically the NSXer from the Fresno Branch?:smile:

Last edited:

My apologies for the late inquiry, but is there room for two more...specifically the NSXer from the Fresno Branch?:smile:

Byron, check your PM for my address.

Steve, I'm gonna bring a tri-tip roast. I got the cards. I'll mark them tonight to give me the advantage tomorrow.

J

Back