• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd Annual BBQ/Potluck & POKER game at Makena88's house - August 26 2011 (Friday)

Re: 3rd Annual BBQ/Potluck & POKER game at Makena88's house - August 26 2011 (Friday)

Steve, I'm gonna bring a tri-tip roast. I got the cards. I'll mark them tonight to give me the advantage tomorrow.

J

Yum Yum Yum! In that case... you can mark all the cards you want!

Re: 3rd Annual BBQ/Potluck & POKER game at Makena88's house - August 26 2011 (Friday)

Steve,we can not make the BBQ sorry......Bill

:( it's ok, maybe next year!

What a GREAT meet! And also for Byron & wifey for coming all the way from Fresno to hang out with us!

Great food! Great Poker (sorry Roger.... sucka!) and..... congrats to Mike Cruz for killing us in the "Cash" game.

Also great to see the Norcal crew. Bigger and better next year 2012!

Steve,

It was fun. Thanks for hosting the event. Hope everyone got home all right. Pictures of the event can be seen here.

Good to see everyone again; very glad I made the trip. Thanks again to Steve for hosting.

Steven,

Thanks for hosting the bbq, potluck and poker game. I'm glad I was able to make it out this time around, it was a great time. The noodle dish your wife made was really good and the salt and pepper prawns was good too :biggrin:

Hey Roger... Remember to set the table up to let everyone know that you fold Ace-King and that you raise on 7-2 and go all in on 9-3 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Things I saw at the bbq - glow in the dark truck and my old Work wheels abd all three Bay Area Chapter officers :eek:

Mike

well i finally got home after been lost on the streets of Sunnyvale and freeways of San Jose. :cool:

Had a great time watching The Wolf school us in poker. Yo Wolf you should use your winnings to contribute to the NSXCA Bay Area fund.

Steve....great food, poker and people.

BTW - Who was the first one knocked out of the tourney??

Thank you Steve for hosting such a wonderful event!
I only wish I could have stayed longer.
Great to see all the guys!

Sung

well i finally got home after been lost on the streets of Sunnyvale and freeways of San Jose. :cool:

Had a great time watching The Wolf school us in poker. Yo Wolf you should use your winnings to contribute to the NSXCA Bay Area fund.

Steve....great food, poker and people.

your welcome :rolleyes:

let me think about donating my winnings to the NSXCA Bay Area fund..... uhh...NO :biggrin:

Thanks, steve, for being such a gracious host. You've opened up your home to us for three years in a row and it's become a great tradition among the locals. Hopefully Byron can also make it out every year now too.

Poker was fun. But it's getting boring always going home with more money than I came there with :wink:

I'm looking forward to next year already!

J

That would have been me this year! Lost most of it in a big head-to-head pot on something like the 3rd hand, and then with a very small stack had to go for it more than usual or I'd have no chance, so the rest followed quickly.

Frankly, it is less painful than getting most of the way through and then being rivered out of a big champion-making pot! :)

Had a good time anyway, especially the food and company. Thank you for hosting a great event as usual, Steve.

Chip

Last edited:

Steven

Thanks again for the invite!

Hope to see you next year again.

That would have been me this year! Lost most of it in a big head-to-head pot on something like the 3rd hand, and then with a very small stack had to go for it more than usual or I'd have no chance, so the rest followed quickly.

Frankly, it is less painful than getting most of the way through and then being rivered out of a big champion-making pot! :)

Had a good time anyway, especially the food and company. Thank you for hosting a great event as usual, Steve.

Chip

Dude, u just split without saying goodbye. Rick pulls in and u barely warmed up ur NSX and dropped the hammer. LOL

Did u have a Superhero appt to run off too?

Thank you Steve for hosting and the invite. Please thank your wife for us.

Back