• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd Annual Skyway Bridge Meet 1/15/05, Tampa

A few of you made it last year and a few of you almost made it but missed the meet by just a bit.

The Sarasota/Bradenton/Tampa Bay area would like to invite any S2000 and NSX owners out for it's annual Skyway Bridge meet. This year in addition to the Skyway Photo Op there will be a lunch and go carting following the meet. Former owners and TBA regulars are welcome as always.

Skyway Details
Date: January 15th 2004
Time:10AM-12
Location: I275 Skyway Bridge South Fishing pier exit in the east side parking/rest area
Cost: $1 toll to get across the bridge

Lunch Details
Time:12:30-2:30
Location: Quaker Steak and Lube 10400 49th St. N. Pinellas Park
Phone: (727) 572-9464
Cost: Figure $10 and up depending on your appetite and what your drinking (pricing is similar to a Chili's/Steak and Shake)

Go Carting Details
Time: 3-?
Location: Tampa Bay Grand Prix 4710 34th St. N. St. Petersburg, FL 33714
Phone: (727) 527-8464
Cost: $22 for a race event 10 lap qualifier and 14 lap main (lots of fun no tickets or wear and tear on the cars)

Thread is here....
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=254170

Or post here if you are interested. Hope to see some you you there! :smile:

Hey Warren, long time no see. Hope you can make it so we can check out your NSX.

As far as directions the South fishing pier is at exit 2A on I275 Tollway exit 2 is at 41 and I275 just south of the bridge try using that for your mapping directions intersection. or just get directions to St Pete and continue south on I275 to south end of the Skyway bridge for our meet.

If you need more than that, let me know. I'm guessing you'd take 4 over to Tampa and just get on I275 south.

tidalwdave said:
If you need more than that, let me know. I'm guessing you'd take 4 over to Tampa and just get on I275 south.

Actually, from Tampa, or anywhere east on I-4, take I-4 to I-75 south. Just after the Parrish exit, go north on I-275. Exit 2A is about 6 miles from the south end of I-275. This will save driving through Pinellas County.
I will try to make it too.

T Bolen said:
Actually, from Tampa, or anywhere east on I-4, take I-4 to I-75 south. Just after the Parrish exit, go north on I-275. Exit 2A is about 6 miles from the south end of I-275. This will save driving through Pinellas County.
I will try to make it too.

Yeah, avoiding going through Pinellas is a good idea. Hope to see you there Tom.

Here's the head count so far, S2000's unless noted. Hope to see you all there. You need to represent the NSX. :biggrin:

Roll Call / all events unless noted
J & Jen
tidal
njtripface No carting
Primogen + 1
Primogen's friend in NSX
S2KPUDDYDAD
smokindog
JerryIII + 1
Don H + 1
LondonRam
jvrabel + 1
midorigreen +2
vvs
Draco13 +1
Keppie
jcarlton
eric9107
joser + 1
vyktor
fltsfshr
zippy blue in NSX
Bluebeast +3
Todd in NSX
Quarters + 1
FLS2K + 1 No Carting
Tom Bolen NSX
NSXROX in NSX
7 350 Z's

caputo aka Warren, Distance Runner maybe NSX

Joe Gliksman said:
Count me and wife in the NSX and daughter Sara and boyfriend in the S2000.

Joe! Looking forward to seeing you and Sara again! Hope it's warmer this year huh! Don't forget the dice!
IMG_5282.jpg

Shuey2k said:
Count me in - Scott twisted my arm and we are taking the Stradale out for the day.

Were you at hOOters in Clearwater over the weekend? I think I may have seen you?

Glad you can make it. If it wasn't you that we saw at hOOters, then there is another car like yours that should be coming.

I'll be driving thru that area on my way down to Sarasota. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by and check out all the nice cars. I heard its going to rain that day though. Are you guys scared to get your cars wet?

Whatwasthat said:
I'll be driving thru that area on my way down to Sarasota. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by and check out all the nice cars. I heard its going to rain that day though. Are you guys scared to get your cars wet?

Partly sunny, highs in lower 70's, and down to 10% chance of rain. Things are looking better. :cool:

Hope you can make it.

I was wondering how the Karting experience was, and if there are any pics of the meet. I drove by on my way down to Sarasota and saw some nice cars, but didn't have time to stop and chat. If you have pics of local NSX's, I would love to see them

The karting was good fun. The folks at the Gran Prix Raceway do a great job and the driving was spirited...as would be expected! There were three qualifying heats and then two 14 lap finals. Needless to say the NSX guys finished on top of the podium, 1-2! We can't let the S2K guys get big heads...! :biggrin:
There are more pics available on the S2Ki website.

TampaBayNSX-R said:
The karting was good fun. The folks at the Gran Prix Raceway do a great job and the driving was spirited...as would be expected! There were three qualifying heats and then two 14 lap finals. Needless to say the NSX guys finished on top of the podium, 1-2! We can't let the S2K guys get big heads...! :biggrin:
There are more pics available on the S2Ki website.

I miss Tampa!

Back