• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

60K service

A lot of folks seem to use:

Power Acura South Bay
25341 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505
310-539-3636

They've hosted monthly club meetings, and John in their service department is a great source of information and support, according to ss_md.

If you're willing to travel a little further (down the 405 past Long Beach), Autowave in Huntington Beach is also highly recommended.

If it were me (and I forgot how to do it myself) I would go to Oceanside for the day and have it done by Nick Eustace at Applied Motorsports. I think the drive is worth it for a once every 5 (or more) year service, to have it done by someone with his amount of experience.

JMHO,
MB

Here's what I'm referring to, Mark (and I'm sure you'll agree).

The 60K service is basically the same thing as the 30K service, with a few additions (e.g. replacement of fuel filters and spark plugs). The items in the 30K/60K/90K/etc service include the transmission fluid, brake fluid, air filter, valve adjustment, etc. These services are specified for every 30K miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. Some of them, particularly the fluids (brake fluid absorbs moisture over time and becomes less effective), are really important to perform every two years, even if the car doesn't accumulate 30K miles during that interval.

Sure, you can wait 5 or more years to replace the spark plugs if you want. But I would still make sure that most of the 30K service items are performed at least once every two years (which means not waiting 3 or more years past when you did them for the 30K service).

As for the question of which services make it worth driving further for greater expertise, that's a function of what you need done, and how much greater experience you get by driving further. My own situation is a good example. There is an independent mechanic one half mile from home, who specializes in servicing Honda/Acura automobiles but not the NSX. I use him for changing brakes, tires, oil, and brake fluid. For more complicated (but routine) service on the NSX, I drive fifty minutes to the dealership (Woodfield Acura) which does the most NSX service work in the Chicago area. When I need something track-related done (cooling ducts, etc), or if I were going to have a supercharger installed, I would drive 100 miles to Acura of Brookfield, which has expertise in these areas beyond what I would find in the two Chicago-area dealers (out of nine) that do a lot of NSX service work.

Back