• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

610hp Acura NSX

I love sos, they do amazing work! A bit too riced up for me, but a feat in craftsmanship. Thanks for the link. Kudos to sos.

That's the first attempt I've seen to blacken out the canopy á la gen 1. That feature looks pretty good...it grows the visual of the side intake into the buttress (pic 5/13). Interesting where they chose to end it towards the back (pic 4,7/13). Nice to see 600+ hp.

Last edited:
I’m trying to understand the power gains. Maybe sos will give some clarity. I thought it would get 30hp from downpipe and exhaust alone, so I’m wondering how much the meth adds.

I think they did an amazing job on the car.

Per SOS today, downpipes and exhaust add 21hp to 30hp...

I absolutely love the body color interior trim. Wonder if they will sell that :)

The blacktop is lost in translation with the darker blue color IMO. I didn't even notice it until you said something.

Why are the exhaust mod numbers so low/conservative from SOS?

"The company also developed liquid-injected intercooling, which chills air before it enters the two turbochargers"...

Is this true? Wouldn't you want to cool the air after exiting the turbos? :confused:

which chills air before it enters the two turbochargers".
It could be chilling the air before it goes into the compression wheel side of the turbo? Giving it more dense air to compress. This seems kinda weird if it works this way.

Cooling the air before the turbo results in as dense a charge as possible (more O2 in a dense charge) going into the engine
Cool it after it has heated and expanded after the turbo results in a less dense charge into the engine.

Cooling the air before the turbo results in as dense a charge as possible (more O2 in a dense charge) going into the engine
Cool it after it has heated and expanded after the turbo results in a less dense charge into the engine.

Yeah I get that, but even after it passes the compression wheel it gets heated up, this is where the intercooler cools it again. But what I don’t understand is if condensing it before it gets heated up in the compressor and then cooled again actually does something. Or if it’s just super cooled in the intercooler, ya know?

Yeah I get that, but even after it passes the compression wheel it gets heated up, this is where the intercooler cools it again. But what I don’t understand is if condensing it before it gets heated up in the compressor and then cooled again actually does something. Or if it’s just super cooled in the intercooler, ya know?

Outside air is at ambient temperature and has a certain density.
If it's cooled prior to entering the turbos it's more dense and you've got a higher O2 content than ambient air per liter of input flow volume.
Yes, after the compressor it's heated, loses density, and may be cooled again helping to increase density prior to entering the engine.

If ambient temp air goes into the turbos it will have less O2 content per liter of input volume than air cooled ahead of the turbos.
No matter what happens after the turbo this ambient input air will never have the same O2 content per volumetric unit as pre-turbo cooled air

Let's imagine air entering the turbo at 0 degrees F and air entering the turbo at 80 degrees F.
Which air would you want to get max power?
Cooler air before the turbo is best.
So put the intercooler before the turbo.
And put another after if you wish but the biggest gain is from higher density air entering the closed intake system

Last edited:
Outside air is at ambient temperature and has a certain density.
If it's cooled prior to entering the turbos it's more dense and you've got a higher O2 content than ambient air per liter of input flow volume.
Yes, after the compressor it's heated, loses density, and may be cooled again helping to increase density prior to entering the engine.

If ambient temp air goes into the turbos it will have less O2 content per liter of input volume than air cooled ahead of the turbos.
No matter what happens after the turbo this ambient input air will never have the same O2 content per volumetric unit as pre-turbo cooled air
Cooling after compression just requires a radiator (the compressed air is above ambient temperature)
whereas cooling before compression requires refrigeration (to cool air below ambient temperature).
Refrigeration is more complicated and requires power to run it.

Are there any production cars that cool air in advance of compression?
I mean cool it below ambient temperature, not what a conventional
"cool air intake" does (keep the air as close to ambient temp as possible).

Cooling after compression just requires a radiator (the compressed air is above ambient temperature)
whereas cooling before compression requires refrigeration (to cool air below ambient temperature).
Refrigeration is more complicated and requires power to run it.

Are there any production cars that cool air in advance of compression?
I mean cool it below ambient temperature, not what a conventional
"cool air intake" does (keep the air as close to ambient temp as possible).
Lotus' Esprit 'Charge-Cooler' system back in the 1990's?

Whatever the mods are in this car, it looks like Honda didn’t leave much on the table from the ice engine. Plus, after hearing the aftermarket exhausts, I would just stay oem.

^^^This^^^ I do not see bang for buck for hp/ torque gain for $6K+/- all in....JM2C

Whatever the mods are in this car, it looks like Honda didn’t leave much on the table from the ice engine. Plus, after hearing the aftermarket exhausts, I would just stay oem.

I’d have to hear them in person to make a decision. All I know is the stock car is way quiet oem outside the car.

Based off of videos, I would probably lean towards just downpipes and keeping stock exhaust(doubt its that restrictive compared to the downpipes).Full exhaust seems a little to obnoxious but I could be wrong. Wont know until i hear it in person.

Hopefully there are some gains from a tune. The turbo is only at 15psi, so maybe increasing boost "safely" will net some more gains.

Back