• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

7th Annual CalCoastalNSX Canyon Drive!!!! July 1st 2007

A little check list of things to bring/do.

WHAT TO BRING:

1. Water and a snack for our mid morning break time, as lunch is happening around 2:30-3pm.
2. Dramamine for your passengers. We're not going straight folks!
3. Sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm.
4. Radio (Only the freq 464.55/yellow band will work)
5. Bring your camera or camcorder

TO DO:
1. Fill up with gas before arriving at The Secret Place (many gas stations close by)
2. Eat a light breakfast.
3. Double check your lugnuts, tire tread and oil/coolant levels.
4. Check your turn signals function, both front and back.
5. If you are bringing a radio, charge it the night before.
6. Make sure your camera has an EMPTY memory card
7. Charge your camcorder or camera, or make sure to bring you camcorder DC adapter
8. If you're Conrad, make sure to double check #7

You also forgot:

9. Bring your V1.
10. If you bring your V1, bring your V1 power cord.
11. If you're Conrad, make sure to double check #9 and #10

Anybody else coming from the Southbay area to the meeting point? Planning to take 405 N all the way to I-5 N... expecting to be at the 405 North at Hawthorne Blvd at about 6:15 am.. So see you guys there! :wink:

Last edited:
Big thanks to John , Scott, Si and all those who help putting this drive together.

Can't wait till next year.:biggrin:

Great drive everyone and it was a pleasure to meet everyone. Glad NEO you made it out! Hopefully we will see a lot of pics and sorry to Gil, Dexter and Chris for the car issues they were having. That paddle shifter is cool! :biggrin:

Ok I am wiped out and ready to crash so talk to you guys later after I recharge my batteries. :tongue:

Of course thank you to all involved in organizing!
See you guys again!

Best Wishes,
Eddie :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks John, Tina, and Scott for putting up a great event. Lots of cool cars this year. Can't wait til autocross. :smile:

This was a 351 mile 12 hour day.
Great fun! (But am cooked as well)
Looking forward to 2008................:biggrin:

Thanks John, Tina, and Scott for putting up a great event. Lots of cool cars this year. Can't wait til autocross. :smile:

John , Tina, Scott and the others who made this event possible....Thanks for all your hard work!! Everybody had a GREAT time...:biggrin: Thanks also to Perry and Maria (Navigator) for keeping our RED group's drive FUN & SAFE!!!!!!!!

NEO - Hope u had fun! Congrats on your NEW NSX!! ;-)

Last edited:
Yes, thank you John, Tina, Scott, Si, Kenny and others involved for a great event! The route was nice and we had some long sections of open road to drive. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: It was terrific to see Mike (Neo) again too!

Truly a great drive and a great Controled groupe of drivers. It was one of the best drive I have been own. The to all that worked to put this on, See at the AX.

Hopefully we will see a lot of pics and sorry to Gil, Dexter and Chris for the car issues they were having.

UPDATE

First my thanks to Scott, John, Conrad and Troy for all the help, tools, and support to plug the tire when it when down the first time. Unfortunately when it went down the second time on the way down the hill the inside of the tire was cut by the suspension and it was history.
I can't tell you how much it meant to me that Steve Riter pulled out of the event and stayed by my side to make sure I wan't stranded on the hill. It proved to me that we really are a NSX family and club that will support the other members in spike of cost to themselves. Steve's wife Sandy was home sick but he stood by my side waiting for AAA and giving me a ride home to South Orange County.
Bottom line was we had the car towed into Just Tires in La Canada just before they closed at 6 PM and Steve gave me a ride home to Trabuco Canyon before leaving to aid his ailing wife in Seal Beach.
And as further prove how close we are as a family I got a cell phone call on the way home from DaveG who had read the post about the problems who offered to give me a ride back to La Canada get my car after it's fixed!
My thanks to John and Tina for the lead, Scott for the huge support, and all the group leaders for helping make the the usual "super" event.
Thanks again to everyone for the help and event, and much love to Steve for saving me! Gil
P.S. Sorry I didn't get to see Chris Willson's car, thanks for bringing it from AZ

I would also like to extend a big thanks to all involved in this event. With all that went on, they were still able to ferry a gripload of NSXs and a ton of people across 200 miles of beautiful SoCal scenery.

And thank you very much to everyone who was able to extend help and guidance with my incident. While it pales in comparison to the work needed by others during the course of the day, I do appreciate TREMENDOUSLY everything that you were able to offer. And to Gil, Dexter, and Chris, I do hope that everything works out. As Gil noted, it was very heartwarming to see all the help and generosity given by many within the NSX community.

As for Mike (NeoNSX), I don't need to hear anymore from him. Spending half the trip listening to him talk, well, I don't need anymore. :)

Seriously though, Mike, I'm very glad I was able to have you as ride-along, and I already miss you. Hope to see you soon.

-Randy

The drive was once again an amazing experience thanks to the hard work of the planners and the camaraderie of the NSX community. I can't wait for next year! :biggrin:

I would like to give lots of thanks to John, Tina and Scott for once again organizing a great meet.

Although I was the first casuality of the event, I still had a blast. I would also like give much thanks to all the members of the BLUE group that helped me with my flat tire. I was fortunate to have Si, John, Eddie and many other caring and wonderful people in my group that assisted me in my time of need.

After reading coolnsx's post, I would also agree with him that our NSX family is truely a family and club that will support the other members in spite of the cost to themselves.

It was not a good day for South OC drivers(Dex aka loomup and Coolnsx) two flats

Last edited:
Thanks for the event guys! I'm still a little dizzy from all the switch backs on the drive.

Thanks to John and Tina and everyone else who contributed to the organization!

attachment.php

Congratulations to the raffle prize winners! We are e-mailing all the winners today to get shipping addresses. If you do not get an e-mail by the end of today, please drop us a line at [email protected] with your name and the prize you won.

See you next time,
-- Chris

Thanks to John, Tina, Scott, Perry (it was fun hanging with the red group), Si, and everyone else involved for putting on another successful run...and thanks to Chris and SoS for donating all of the prizes.

Too bad Dex and Gil couldn't complete the drive, but at least we had no major incidents.

And Randy, I would have gladly taken NeoNSX...I did have an open seat yesterday! :D

--Eric

I also would like to thank John, Tina, Scott, Si and all the rest of the fokes behind the scenes for yet another amazing event.

Can't wait for the 08 meet, meanwhile I'll just participate in all the other events our great NSX community has to offer

Thanks again K-Stew :cool:

An absolutely amazing event! Thanks so much to John, et. all for all of the energy and effort organizing this. I've been on three "NSX" drives since purchasing my dream and this was the best by far. Great route, great people, and a great "spirited" drive. I was exhausted, yet up most of last night thinking about it and I can't wait to take the NSX out again for a drive!

Thanks to John, Tina, Scott, Linda and everyone else who helped set this event up! I know what it takes to put an event like this together and it is no small task!:eek: :wink:

Sorry Gill and I were unable to join you all at Lunch:frown: We just wanted to stay and enjoy the fresh mountain air a little longer:tongue: Seriously, it was just natural to stay and help Gill. I know he or anyone else in the group would do the same if the tables were turned. That is why I love this group!:biggrin:

Sandi is feeling better after a long night on Saturday (didn't get to bed until 2:00am Sunday:eek:) I will be cleaning up the NSX today for the next great event!

Thanks again!:cool:

What a FUN time! Heather and I enjoyed the trip over from AZ with the rest of our AZ widebody crew and had a blast seeing familiar faces and meeting some new people too. Our thanks again to John, Tina, Scott and everyone involved with the organization of the event and leading the groups. We finally made it back about 10:30 Sunday night to Tucson. Thanks so much for a GREAT time. :smile:

I don't even know where to start? :confused:

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone involved. John, Tina, & Scott. Thank you to Randy and his family for letting me stay with them so I don't have to wake up at 3am to drive up from San Diego. Thank you to Chris and Science of Speed for donating the raffle prizes! Thank you to our fearless group leaders. Thanks to all who contributed to bring Mike here from Australia! Thank you to the Arizona folks who drove all the way here to spend time with us. Thank you everyone!

It was great to see everyone again. It was fantastic to see Mike! It was cool to do another tunnel run with Mike and Randy. :D I'm also glad that there were no significant incidents. Once again, I'm glad to be a part of the NSX family.

Gil, Dexter, & Chris, I'm glad everything turned out OK.

Oh, and finally, a big thank you to my daughter... thanks for making the drive and life so enjoyable. ............. and thank you for not throwing up in my NSX! :tongue::eek::biggrin:

Have a great July 4th!

--Conrrrrrrad (Donut Club Member Since 2006)

Back