• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 blk/blk (51k) quick sale price $24,500 JH4NA1157MT800087

91 blk/blk (51k) quick sale price $22,000 ODOmeter problem

Selling my NSX, i wanted to sell it before, but then convinced my self that its ok, I can afford the payments, and i love the car... so i desided to keep it...

But I am selling it right now, due to:
Starting a business, and need to have less income to debt ratio to get aproved for the loan to start it. So i am willing to give up my bigest expense is my baby NSX

Pictures and details are at :
http://www.hardcore-performance.com/nsx/nsx.htm

Vin # JH4NA1157MT800087

I bought the car for much more then i'm selling it (8 months ago), plus i spend over $5 rebuilding the engine (have reciete to prove)

Need to sell it.

$22,000

Please call (305) 303 5500 cell - Dmitriy

Attachments

• dcp_2062.jpg
    dcp_2062.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 2,837
Last edited:
Has this car ever been in an accident or is the title a salavaged? Has there ever been any body work? When did you buy it and from who?

The last time you had if for sale I thought the price was very reasonable, did you not get any serious offers or anyone coming to look at it?

Thank you

Mileage?

Just thought everyone would like to know, Car Fax shows this car has had the odometer rolled back. May still be a descent deal for someone who wants mods but beware.

ALERT! This 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) DOES NOT QUALIFY for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000 that protects you from buying a vehicle that had severe damage, major odometer problems, or Lemon history reported to a Department of Motor Vehicles.

1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check Odometer Problems Reported to DMV
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Manufacturer Buyback Reported to DMV
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 9 Types of Vehicle Registrations
5. RECALL CHECK
ACURA does not report recalls to CARFAX
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 15 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

CARFAX does not inspect vehicles. This vehicle may have problems that have not been reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection is recommended. How CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's history.

Today's leading safety and reliability information for the 1991 ACURA NSX all in one report. Click on the link below to view your FREE report:
SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT Crash Tests, Reliability Ratings, Theft Ratings and more...

Year/Make/Model: 1991 ACURA NSX

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.0L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: JAPAN
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Driver front air bag/passenger side active (manual) belt

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering Optional, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for the perfect ACURA NSX? Check out a list of them in your area.

Total Loss Check:

This 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) had no severe accidents or other total loss events reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

No Salvage Title Reported No Loss Due To Fire Title Reported
No Junk Title Reported No Flood Damage Title Reported
No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Reported No Hail Damage Title Reported
No Dismantled Title Reported No Canadian Total Loss Record Reported

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) has had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 04.Oct.2003 11:15:57. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Accident Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Insurance claims on CARFAX? | About accident reports | Accident statistics

CARFAX Help Center | Glossary

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

ALERT! This 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) has had odometer problems reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) under the Truth-In-Mileage Act. This vehicle does not qualify for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

No Not Actual Mileage Title Reported Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title Reported

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX did not uncover any odometer rollbacks for this 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087).

Date: Mileage:
09/06/1995 71,636
01/06/1999 97,000
01/07/1999 79,000
01/29/1999 47,000

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

Mileage Accuracy Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Truth-In-Mileage Act | Rollbacks vs. rollovers | When do you flag a rollback?

This 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) has had no Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Lemon Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | What is a Manufacturer Buyback? | How can I get an inspection?

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) has had 2 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 09/07/1995 Ontario
2nd owner 03/03/2003 Florida

Types of Owners:

This 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) was checked for 9 types of registrations.

No Private Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Government Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

Ownership Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | No owner names or addresses, why? | Differences between registrations, titles, and # of owners? | Identifying new owners

ACURA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1991 ACURA NSX. You can also contact an authorized dealership or ACURA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087) still has recalls that require repair.

Recall Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Sources of recall data | CARFAX recalls vs. NHTSA recalls

CARFAX searched more than 2.36 billion records from over 4,000 different public and private sources and found 15 record(s) for this 1991 ACURA NSX (JH4NA1157MT800087).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

08/15/1995 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Deerfield Beach, FL
Title #68358801
EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

09/06/1995 71,636 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Orlando, FL
Title #68358801
Odometer reading reported

09/07/1995 Ontario
Ministry of Transportation
Central Ontario
New owner reported

10/13/1995 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Orlando, FL
Title #68358801
Title issued

01/06/1999 97,000 Florida
Inspection Station
West Palm Beach, FL
Passed emissions inspection

01/07/1999 Florida
Inspection Station
West Palm Beach, FL

01/07/1999 79,000 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pompano Beach, FL
Odometer reading reported

01/20/1999 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pompano Beach, FL
Title #0068358801
Title issued

01/20/1999 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pompano Beach, FL
Title #68358801
Title issued
Loan or lien reported

01/29/1999 47,000 Service Plan Co.
Pompano Beach, FL
Service Contract Issued

05/27/1999 Florida
Inspection Station
Fort Lauderdale, FL

03/08/2000 Insurance Bureau of Canada
Vehicle listed as recovered theft
Please contact IBC Investigative Services for further information by calling 1-866-457-5719 or by completing the IBC web form.

05/26/2000 Florida
Inspection Station
Fort Lauderdale, FL

05/30/2000 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pompano Beach, FL
Title #0068358801
Title issued

03/03/2003 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL
Title #0068358801
Title issued
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported
Exempt from odometer reporting

10/04/2003 Consumer resource:
Edmunds.com Manufacturer-Recommended Maintenance Schedules

Check this vehicle's service schedules, estimated costs and recall notices at Edmunds.com.

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

Exceeds Mechanical Limits
A vehicle with a 5-digit odometer cannot accurately track mileage after 99,999 miles because the odometer rolls over. This title is the result of a seller certifying under the Truth-in-Mileage Act, that the odometer reading EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS of the odometer.

IBC/BAC
The Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) Investigative Services Division is Canada's leading provider of investigative services to the insurance industry, detecting and preventing vehicle theft and insurance fraud. IBC and its Investigative Services Division obtain vehicle information entirely from other sources and rely on those sources for the accuracy and reliability of this information. Therefore, IBC and its agents accept no responsibility or liability for any error or omission in this report. IBC is proud to assist CARFAX customers in their efforts to better understand a vehicle's history. For more information visit IBC. View French translation.

New Owner Reported
When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

Detailed Vehicle History FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Sources of vehicle history data | Reporting an error to CARFAX

CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT
CARFAX collected the industry's leading safety and reliability information for the 1991 ACURA NSX into one convenient report. CARFAX Safe Teen Driving Tips
Get FREE weekly teen driving tips and information from the CARFAX Safe Teen Drivers Program.

CARFAX Certified Cars
Still looking for the perfect ACURA NSX? Check out a list of them in your area.

Inspection Programs and other auto-related services:

CARFAX Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®
Contact Customer Service
http://www.carfax.com/
© 2003 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending. 04.Oct.2003 11:15:57

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like one was a mistake, 97k then 79k 1 day apart. The drop to 47k could have been converted to mileage, odo could still show 80k+ km.

Yes but these 2 items seem to give an indication of a problem or problems:

03/08/2000 Insurance Bureau of Canada
Vehicle listed as recovered theft
Please contact IBC Investigative Services for further information by calling 1-866-457-5719 or by completing the IBC web form.

and

08/15/1995 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Deerfield Beach, FL
Title #68358801
EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

WOW... i am honestly shocked.
I bought the car localy from an ad that was posted here. The asking price was $28 when i bought it, i got it for $25.
when i bought everything seem fine, speedometer and odometer was working fine. I never did a CarFax on it, i just sord of taken to like the guy, and i was trilled to get it, plus i was in a network marketing business so it helped out a lot.
Now second day i was going on a high way i spun a bearing, shifting at 6,500. So i turn to the seller, and he said to go have it checked out at the place he had it serviced. ( i'm not sure if anybody remembers me posting saying about the spun bearing and solutions about 7-8 months ago) back in march.
anyways, the place told me i had to replace my crank, one rod, do new piston rings, resleeve the block, and put all new bearing in.
Everything took them 6 months to rebuild the engine. thats including finding all the parts, crank alone took 2.5 months.
Now everything but the crankshaft, 1 rod, and piston rings, cost me a bit more then $3.8k. It came out between 3.8k-3.9k
Now i still have the reciete from the shop in my car to prove it.
I found crank for $2000, seller had an extra rod, and also total seal piston rings.
Anyways, I been screwed around with services for this car because of my image (19 years old) and my soft personality (tend to trust strangers).
I have paid a lot for my mistakes, including $640 monthly payments on the car for 6 months that i was not even driving.

I got the car back from the shop after a rebuild, i discover my speedomer not working, and my clutched installed wrong which puts me starting a car in reverse to go in reverse, after that its fine except that its splipping.

Anyways, its been hell for me, now im trying to get my life a bit better by starting my own real estate company, but i can't do it, cause i don't even have enough funds to buy my office suplies.

My bank (WM) told me i will be aproved if i get rid of the biggest loan on my name, which is the NSX. Now NSX has been my dream car, and it always will, but not being able to fully enjoy it, drive it slow cause the clutch is slipping is not fun.

Well i don't supposed anyone will trust me anymore, but there is nothing i can do, I been shocked with this report today myself. I thank the person that pulled it up thought for informing me, because i definitly wouln't want to sell to someone and have them come back at me with the report. I'm glad i can warn anyone before they buy it, even if it will cost me a sale.

Anyways I will drop the price till $23,000 (that would put me $1.4k below my loan pay off amount, i am now willing to pay $1.4K out of my pocket to close the loan so i can get aproved for the other one.)
If someone still wants the car for $23k stray up, please let me know.
Thank you in advance, sorry for this whole mess up, but trust me it sucks for me the most.
Thank you all.

I do feel sorry for you and was in no way doing anything more than looking out for potential buyers just wish I could have done it for you.

There are a lot of scams being pulled out there and it appears you may have had one pulled on you. If the previous owner did not dislose the mileage problem to you, you still have legal recourse which you can take against them.

On the positive side your NSX seems to have a lot of things done to it and there is always a buyer for sub 25k NSXs even if there is a story on them. I am sure you will find a buyer.

Carfax what a joke

I would not rely to much on carfax for there reports,i did and i got myself in a mess.I ran a carfax on a 1991 Acura NSX VIN #JH4NA1152MT001964. and carfax showed it as being a car that had not had the odometer turned back .The car was suppost to have 65,000 miles on it and i good condition.I bought the car in Florida and had it shipped to me in Kansas.When i got the car it was not in the shape i thought it would be in and i opened the glove box and found that the owner had left all the service records in the car. The service records from an Acura Dealership showed in comeing in several times and haveing the oil changed and it showed that it had come in with over onehundred thousand miles on it several times and then it came in with just over 60,000 miles on it . I did find out that the odometer had been rolled back. It is easy to get over on carfax as long as the owner has owned the car for several years and the title has not been changed then you will not report the miles on the car every year and it will just show the miles the last time that the title was changed this one showed 59,800 on carfax. I did get a lawyer and got my money back plus shipping but when we when after carfax they sent us a copy of the things they don't let you know and it showed they only will stand behind odometers that are digital. So in short don't just rely on carfax.

You are correct, you should not rely on any single source for your information. That is why it is so important if you buy a car to have a professional look at it. Also, if there are service records have them faxed to you. If there are not service records, find out why and ask where the maintence was done, you can always call them directly. It may sound harsh but you are always safer to believe nothing the buyer tells you, check it out for yourself, remember you do not know them and they want you money. Of course hind site is 20/20.

It is great that you posted your story as it may help others similar problems. I also like the fact you took action against them. I hope you contacted the local DA as well.

Where else do you have the car advertised?

If you only have it here on NSXPrime you are not getting enough exposure. I'd advertise it in the Autotrader and Sun Sentinel. If you are very desperate to sell the car you could bring it to Carmax, but they'd probably only give you $15k for it due to the Carfax and fact that it's not a USA spec car. Another place to consider is the Sunday NY Times which is very expensive.

The good thing though is that there are people out there who want to own an NSX but don't wan't to pay the high price. I'm sure that you could sell it for a reasonable price, but that will probably mean that you are not going to get what you feel is an appropriate price.

You can also try autotrader, yahoo, cars.com, or Ebay($40 listing fee?).
Good Luck
Z

Interested..

I'll be contacting you shortly with regards to the sale of this vechicle. I am not concerned too much with the engine/clutch/and tranny since I have a 3.2 6-speed to swap into the car. I'm more concerned with making sure the car has never been in an accident, or has structural damage. This was going to be my next project car. I'm located in NYC by the way.

Regards,

note: I am not in a hurry to sell the car, i might seem like it when i post this thread, but i'm not. I have couple of months.
Please call for details

Price is still $23,000

nope the clutch is still slipping bad... the car is now parked at garage waiting to be looked at by a buyer...
no potential buyers yet

I can vouge for dmitry as far as the condition of his car. It has never been wrecked and its in IMMACULATE condition! After market hood, great motor (with warranty still, right??), nice rims, great ride (i was in it when it blew and have been in it since he got it back). I think his car is an amazing buy for $23,000!! There is ultimately nothing wrong. The whole drive-train has been serviced and the engine rebuilt.

It does need a new clutch, but besides that, its in very good cosmetic shape!!

JUST FOUND OUT !!!

JUST FOUND OUT !!!

One thing that the car was doing after the rebuilt was smoke a bit of while/blue smoke at start (and first maybe 1 min, untill warm) I was assured that that smoke is since the motor is just build, it eats a bit of oil and that it is burning a little of it. I was told that it would go away when the motor is broken in.

Yesterday there was a buyer that called me that seemed intrested in a car, and he wanted me to inspect it. I said "SURE" knowing that there is nothing wrong with the car.
I called my NSX certified machanic that i found out about him after the rebuild (Mike at MCA motorsports), and i showed him the car. He said:
one cylinder is leackeing oil into the chamber
Solution, posible rebuild soon, or replace. He said since the other shop just put it together just a bit over 2 months ago, that i should go to them and claim the warrantee. So i call that shop (Pricision Imports), yalling at them about the problem (i was pissed), and they told me the following:
their warrantee is for 6 months/6k miles, and since my speedometer is not working they can't tell if i have put over 6k in the past 2 months, so they are NOT going to favor the warantee.
I was so pissed, cause they were the ones that broke my speedomet since it was working before the rebuild, but they said the car came in towed, so they don't know if it worked before or not.
I don't know what to do. I try to get a hold of my lawyer to advice me, but I don't have time for a lawsuit right now.
I am SCRUWED once again....

The car is still for sale, if anyone still wants it....
I will lower the price till $22,000 (that puts me $2,400 upside-down on my loan)
Please call for details. I am extreamly frustrated with my luck and lack of knowledge about these cars, that i am asking for someone to take it off my hands.
But for excelent condition outside and really good condition inside, I definatly think its worth $22k

Thanks in advance everyone

Man, I am sorry to hear about all the headaches!! I think someone will consider your car though, as they should be able to make a nice car out of it with a little $$ invested and still come out pretty cheap.

I think so too...
Figure $22,000 for the car
up to $1,000 for delivery ($620 was quote from MIA to CHI)
full engine rebuilt (to replace a ring) up to $2,500 labor +$750 parts (gasket set + new rings) total up to $3250
clutch for exedy 750hp installed localy for me is $2200 (out the door price)
so complete total would be no more then $28,450

after all thouse there is nothing else posible that could, should or anything else, be raplaced on the car.

AS OF RIGHT NOW
The car drives, but the clutch is slipping. Engine rebuild is NOT NESSESARY, but recommended in no more then 50k miles.
Would it go 50k miles? Sure, but it will eat a bit of oil at times.

Thats more details on the car.
THE CAR IS IN AMAIZING SHAPE (INTERIOR/EXTERIOR).
WAITING FOR LOCALS TO CHECK IT OUT, AND MAYBE POST THEIR THOUGHT HERE.
What ever you guys think, please post. Whether its bad or good, every comment is welcome. I been screwed when i purchased the car, and I know how it feels. I DEFINATLY DON'T WANT anyone to be in my place, cause it sucks.

Once again, the car is running right now, drivable, but I would recomend replacing the clutch if you want to go fast, or for a big distance. Pick up the car for $24,500 WITH clutch repaired. Then you can even drive it home (even to CA). But in order for me to replace the clutch, I need atleast 20% deposit for me to hold the car, and $2,200 for clutch repair, and $300 for my time (really buzy right now)

Thanks once again for all thouse intrested buyers accross US for giving me a call, Thanks

another option
with an apropriate deposit, I can do the following.
I can get my hands on a 92 complete motor with 60k (with certificate to prove) with trany.
I can have a NSX specialist install the used motor w/ tranny.

The price of the car will be $29,500
thats with used motor and another tranny installed, so you will get:

My car running perfect with garanteed 60k miles on it. plus the extra high performance turbo ready motor, high performance short gear tranny.

You guys/girls all know how much that would be worth.
And the price will be $29,500

In order for me to do that option, i need a deposit to hold the car ($2,500) and $7,500 for me to do the motor/trany swap

Total $10k deposit
When the car is done the remainder $19,500 will be due.
To do the car will take up to 1 month after deposit is received.

thanks again everyone

Back