• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91rednsx - Non-paying buyer. Evading communication. "Check was in the mail... "

91rednsx - Non-paying buyer. Evading communication. "Check was in the mail... "

I hate to carry this over to the public forums, but I don't know how else to go about getting a resolution on this as the buyer has been evading my communication and I feel like I am just getting strung out here.

The facts:

- 2/20/09 canards posted for sale for $75 + shipping which is pretty reasonable for what is otherwise a $250 JDM part in new condition.
- Customer (Sam) haggles over price, wants $80 boxed/shipped. Seller agrees as he just wants the guy to be happy and I figure I'll do someone a favor as I don't have a use for these. Has good ITrader rating.
- Order entered for CF canards in invoicing system.
- 3/3/09 Order shipped via UPS Ground to Stratford, CT. 1z940x230329752564
- 3/7/09 I informed seller that actual shipping costs to his garage in CT was far higher than expected due to dimensional weight, at $52 not including boxing costs but I actually just paid that all out of pocket and that was fine. In short, I have $52 in UPS shipping costs into an $80 order but just send me the $80 and we'll call it good.
- 3/10/09 UPS confirms delivery to garage. 1z940x230329752564
- I inquire that order arrived ok. Aknowledged.
- 3/19/09 customer PM's that a check was mailed out 2 weeks before and asks me to wait longer.
- 3/25/09 Another week, check did not arrive.
- 3/28/09 Clear that check will never arrive. Customer aknowledges it was never cashed. Claims to pay bank to cancel check. States he does not want to send another check. Requests to instead pay via pay-pal.
- 3/28/09 I provide customer with paypal e-mail address. I accept regardless of seller fees incurred using this method.
- 4/2/09 Request for payment. I notified customer that it has been a month with no resolution, and paypal was never been sent
- 4/20/09 Request for payment
- 4/20/09 Request for payment. Left visitor message on profile.
- 4/24/09 Customer has ignored all communication sent since by seller. I just needed to get a resolution and payment to close this order out.

Bottom line:

Proof of delivery
Non paying buyer
Last communication received from buyer 3/38/09
Last buyer log-in to nsxprime forums - 04-21-2009 17:19

I feel like I am getting strung out here. When you basically ship product for free and the guy still doesn't want to pay you that just sucks. Out of all the successful orders in the past two months he is the 1 guy that I guess decided he just didn't want to pay me over $80.

Re: 91rednsx - Non-paying buyer. Evading communication. "Check was in the mail... "

This has since been resolved, during the interim since it had been submitted to the forum. The seller contacted me and made electronic payment.

Mods- ok to delete.

Back