• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

94 Factory Rim Options

I just picked up a 94 White tan that has the factory 7 spoke rims. Two of the rims have minor curb damage so I have been pondering three options that I would like some feedback on. Since I have decided to keep the factory rims without upgrading to a new type of wheel, here are my three choices:

1) Keep them the same but just fix the damage
2) Chrome them out
3) Have them painted white to match the car

I am leaning toward option #3 since I have seen a picture in the members galley photos of a white NSX with white factory rims and thought it looked really sharp. Of course, you can never go wrong with chrome rims either! Based on the three options, what would you do:confused: Thanks for any feedback!

solaris to grand-prix...

Oh man, #3 sounds very appealing and it'll be a hit w/ the NSX fans I'm sure! In the past, Acura dealers gave the option of OEM white-wheels to those who were acquiring a Grand Prix white NSX... :cool:

A few NSX owners here have done the cosmetic-transformation of their '02-'05 NSX to the '02 NSX-R, and they have either the NSX-R wheels or the OEM wheels in white enamel and red Honda center-caps!

Are you planning anyother things for your NSX, appearance-wise?

Re: solaris to grand-prix...

Are you planning anyother things for your NSX, appearance-wise?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am really starting to lean more for option 3 since I think it will really make the car look good. I plan on doing some window tinting but that's really about it. I usually leave my cars factory looking since I don't really make any major changes to them. Wheels are my one exception that really make or break a car in my opinion. I just don't want to drop the coin on really nice rims right now. The car does have an after market audio system but has no subwoofer which is disappointing. Very tinty sounding but I have read most of the threads on getting bass and realize space is at a premium. Maybe one day I will tackle that one:biggrin:

I like the white wheels too.
Steve
1994%20Honda%20NSX-R.jpg

I vote white! I like my blade's silver, too.

White on white:
nsx-white-side.jpg
nsx-white-front.jpg

nsxend.JPG

Last edited:
as much as i like the look of the stock wheel in chrome, I have to vote for # 3 too.

On a white car (only), I like the look of white wheels, when they're clean. But they get dirty (from brake dust) very quickly...

Shumdit said:
Just for comparisons sake, the finest looking combo I have ever seen for an NSX that is not otherwise modded (skirts, wing, etc.)

attachment.php

Nice photo! What type of rims are those? I may have to look into getting those.

^ WhiteNSX's old car with 17/18 Volk TE37s

madmap00 said:
I just picked up a 94 White tan that has the factory 7 spoke rims. Two of the rims have minor curb damage so I have been pondering three options that I would like some feedback on. Since I have decided to keep the factory rims without upgrading to a new type of wheel, here are my three choices:

1) Keep them the same but just fix the damage
2) Chrome them out
3) Have them painted white to match the car

I am leaning toward option #3 since I have seen a picture in the members galley photos of a white NSX with white factory rims and thought it looked really sharp. Of course, you can never go wrong with chrome rims either! Based on the three options, what would you do:confused: Thanks for any feedback!
Yeah, another vote to go white. I am thinking the same i have a red 91' . I want to go white to. Please don't go chrome !

Back