• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 - 02 Coupes

As far as the alternatives are concerned:

1. How hard is it to get your hands on a 3.2L V6 for the NSX

2. even with the added weight does the coupe conversion give the same rigidity as the coupe or would more reinforcement be needed to match it?

3. Seems to be the easiest choice out of everything ( though if this option was chosen I would then be torn between getting the Targa or a 91 - 94 Coupe and putting in a new transmission

4. Waiting is certainly an option ( could use the time to allocate more funds! ) however it seems that with the crowd that drive these vehicles you get what you pay for, and from what I can tell most NSX owners, especially those who have them for sale know exactly what it is that they are trying to sell. Would it be too much speculation to say that one of those rare coupes sells for 5 to 10 grand more than a comparable targa would fetch?

4. Oh YES!

That car is selling for than than most 02-04's!

I like the raw simplicity of the early coupes, and enjoy the non-PS very much.
To address the perceived performance differences between NA1 & NA2 models, to me the solution would be to add boost.
For $10K we could fit a Lovefab kit and have a reliable 400whp, making concerns like gearing and final drives moot.

C6Z06 performance for under $50K all in :biggrin:
Brian

Wow I guess that's the rarest NSX in the country! I wonder who painted the roof black as I'm sure it didn't come that way from the factory. Hmm would it decrease the value if this was turned into an 02+NSX-R:rolleyes:

The default roof color of coupes--even the NA2 models--is black.

I know a lot of folks like to supercharge these things, but personally I'm not a big fan of FI. Its just a preference. For some reason I just don't think Honda's boost well. I mean, they do, but Ive always like NA tunes better. Plus that adds more to the amount of maintenance that would need to be done on the car and wear on the engine correct?

Wow I thought that stopped on the 94's. Thanks!

I know a lot of folks like to supercharge these things, but personally I'm not a big fan of FI. Its just a preference. For some reason I just don't think Honda's boost well. I mean, they do, but Ive always like NA tunes better. Plus that adds more to the amount of maintenance that would need to be done on the car and wear on the engine correct?

Same here I don't care much for the forced induction most NSXs are just too heavy. The guys that have theirs at 2700 or below probably never stop grinning:biggrin:

Yea, I remember when the MOVE allocation was out and you could actually order the NSX's however you wanted. Any color could be had with a body colored roof or black roof directly from the factory:wink:

I like the raw simplicity of the early coupes, and enjoy the non-PS very much.
To address the perceived performance differences between NA1 & NA2 models, to me the solution would be to add boost.
For $10K we could fit a Lovefab kit and have a reliable 400whp, making concerns like gearing and final drives moot.

C6Z06 performance for under $50K all in :biggrin:
Brian

Actually if you check autotrader used C6Z06 can be had for under 45k with pretty low miles. I'd been wanting a Zanardi for it's enhanced performance but when I saw the C6Z06 at the same price it's kinda tough as I would have to spend quite a bit to get the Zanardi the way I want it:frown:

I really dig the 2 tone paint job of the original Coupes. Whatever car I did settle on I would like the roof painted black. I think it makes it look sportier. White with black roof would be my color of choice only cause I love the Type R so much. the Original Type R, with the flip up lights :smile:

Sgt.Pepper,

There is a very nice Silver/Black combination with low miles for sale in the For Sale section...I believe its a 94. That would be a perfect platform to make your own coupe performance machine. Maybe throw in the new short gears (trust me the best mod ever) and have fun with it or find a NA2 engine and do a swap?

Go buy the Type S suspension, parts, and wheels and then you'd have a very fine handling and performance driven NSX which is similar to the Zanardi.

Think of the $$$ you'd save and time over waiting and spending a premium for a NA2 coupe. If I owned a NA1 coupe I'd try and make it as close to a Zanardi as I could because you'd be optimizing the potential of the coupe car.

On the other hand I own a Targa and I capitalize on the Targa potential every single time I drive it - reminds me of my ex-S2000.

I'm not giving up my S2000 for anything. So I think I can get all the topless action I want from it :biggrin:

But the NA1 coupes would be great if I could get my hands on a 3.2L

Does anyone know how hard these engines are to come by?

Im still new to this so forgive me for asking...

I always thought the 3.0L was just as fast as the 3.2L if aftermarket headers were installed? Or is there a more of performance gap than that?

good low mile 3.2 engine is 10K add 6 speed for 2-4 more K.

remember though that the na2 adds better alumiunum for all body panels, stronger extrusions under the doors for both coupe and targe (more rigid) then na1 coupe, better brakes, power steering (which is better despite what some say), different differentil, different gauges, immobilizer, etc etc.

they are two different cars, is what i'm telling you despite the resemblence on exterior

totally bursting my bubble man. I mean... 10k for an engine is WAY out of the question. Can practically get another car for that much. Does anyone have a link to the Targa to Coupe conversion and what affect it has on the car?

totally bursting my bubble man. I mean... 10k for an engine is WAY out of the question. Can practically get another car for that much. Does anyone have a link to the Targa to Coupe conversion and what affect it has on the car?

It very likely would be 10k for that "T" to coupe conversion as well.
In addition, it will be heavier than a original coupe due to the weight from the "T" model stiffening supports that would still be there from the factory.

My god... cant get a break here :frown:

So doesn't this mean that the alternatives to actually owning a NA2 Coupe would be just as expensive as paying the premium for a real NA2 Coupe?

I'm not giving up my S2000 for anything.

Smart man :biggrin:

good low mile 3.2 engine is 10K add 6 speed for 2-4 more K.

remember though that the na2 adds better alumiunum for all body panels, stronger extrusions under the doors for both coupe and targe (more rigid) then na1 coupe, better brakes, power steering (which is better despite what some say), different differentil, different gauges, immobilizer, etc etc.

they are two different cars, is what i'm telling you despite the resemblence on exterior

Yeah but don't let the NA1 guys hear you say this!

You really are better off finding what you want as making changes to these cars is never cheap and it shouldn't be as they were expensive to start

It very likely would be 10k for that "T" to coupe conversion as well.
In addition, it will be heavier than a original coupe due to the weight from the "T" model stiffening supports that would still be there from the factory.

That's what I was thinking as well. Anil is the only one I know of who's car has this right?

You really are better off finding what you want as making changes to these cars is never cheap and it shouldn't be as they were expensive to start

I'm starting to think that the upsides of the T's outweigh the negative.

Just as a side note, Have you driven both Coupes and T's WingZ?

How do you like yours? ( Love the color, my favorite after white )

I'm starting to think that the upsides of the T's outweigh the negative.

Just as a side note, Have you driven both Coupes and T's WingZ?

How do you like yours? ( Love the color, my favorite after white )

I have not driven the coupe but this thread and the one about a guy having a Zanardi and an 04 and saying the 04 is like a pig in comparison have me drooling over a coupe. Since I track my car I notice the T's flexing quite a bit even on the street. I have the NSX-R braces and I still feel it flex:frown: .

In my head I have a list of all the things I would do to a Zanardi and I hate to say because I don't like putting the NSX in this box but it's too expensive in comparison to a used 08 M3 or 07 C6 Z06 ... sigh

As far as my car goes I love it! Took awhile to find the right exhaust ( funny thing is I now have the same model exhaust I originally first switched to from OEM ) then get some descent weight savings not enough which is also why I want a coupe. I messed up when I traded my 06 S2000 for a CR as it makes my track oriented NSX now feel like a luxury car again ..LOL

I'm telling you honestly I don't think it's a good idea to get a 3.0 and then swap in a 3.2 and 6 spd as then you have to change the computer and all the little stuff. Better to get what you want! I don't know if pricing will take it's traditional spring rise with things being as bad as they are and getting worse but now is great time to look and see who's willing to deal:wink:

P.S Also waiting to see what happens with the yen as the Spoon NSX-R just consumes my thoughts at the moment.

Funny you mention the Spoon NSX-R. I will be in japan in less than a year from now and my short lived fantasy that started this thread in the first place was my desire to bring back a JDM NSX Coupe back as the ultimate souvenir. But with how its been pretty much established that importing one is damn near impossible I'm really on the fence here with these rare coupes... wouldn't happen to know something I don't on importing... :rolleyes:

Also, what were the specs on your old S?

I have a 07 Silverstone with the red/black interior and Ive seen a BB CR in Vegas, love the wing...

Im still new to this so forgive me for asking...

I always thought the 3.0L was just as fast as the 3.2L if aftermarket headers were installed? Or is there a more of performance gap than that?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1103962&postcount=61

OK so it seems if you add headers to the 3.0L coupe then you are almost on par with the 3.2L Targa performance. I see no reason to even swap out the engine then.

You save money buy getting a 91-96 coupe, add headers, lower ratio gears and maybe a 6 speed swap then you good to go?

Last edited:
Back