• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A big thank you

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Chicago Prime member Bylek (Paul)

I have been looking for a LONG time for a Canon ef300mm 2.8L camera lens for my camera and photography hobby. I found one on Craigslist in Chicago. I put out a "need help" post on the Chicago area forums. That same day Paul called me up and offered to help. i originally was just looking for someone with camera lens knowledge to meet with the seller and check out the lens. Paul was kind enough to offer to help..... and did so in a BIG way. Paul met with the seller, checked out the lens AND negotiated a deal for the lens for $100 less than the seller told me was his bottom line. And it doesn't stop there.... Paul went so far as to pay for the lens with his cash, then pay for and ship the lens to me again with his own cash... and then TRUST me to follow thru with the purchase and send him the funds. I have never met Paul and he has never met me.... I am telling you, in my line of work I seldom see this kind of help given by complete strangers... on the contrary, i am usually dealing with some poor guy that gets scammed by an over the internet purchase.... I must say i was kinda skeptical at first, but in the long run i trusted a guy that is known on this forum..... so..... THANK YOU PAUL..... YOU ARE A CLASS GUY.... If i can ever repay the favor to you or ANY other member her on Prime, it would be my pleasure

Dave

When I first read your post looking for help Paul was the first person who's name came to mind but I did not want to volunteer him.

I met him a few years back at a track day prior to owning an NSX and he has been one of the best resources to me now that I own an NSX. I wish I would have sought his advice prior to my purchase as he has pointed a few things out that would have helped me also get a lower price. He is always willing to share information and help anytime of the day.

Glad things worked out they way they did for you!!

Last edited:
I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Chicago Prime member Bylek (Paul)

I have been looking for a LONG time for a Canon ef300mm 2.8L camera lens for my camera and photography hobby. I found one on Craigslist in Chicago. I put out a "need help" post on the Chicago area forums. That same day Paul called me up and offered to help. i originally was just looking for someone with camera lens knowledge to meet with the seller and check out the lens. Paul was kind enough to offer to help..... and did so in a BIG way. Paul met with the seller, checked out the lens AND negotiated a deal for the lens for $100 less than the seller told me was his bottom line. And it doesn't stop there.... Paul went so far as to pay for the lens with his cash, then pay for and ship the lens to me again with his own cash... and then TRUST me to follow thru with the purchase and send him the funds. I have never met Paul and he has never met me.... I am telling you, in my line of work I seldom see this kind of help given by complete strangers... on the contrary, i am usually dealing with some poor guy that gets scammed by an over the internet purchase.... I must say i was kinda skeptical at first, but in the long run i trusted a guy that is known on this forum..... so..... THANK YOU PAUL..... YOU ARE A CLASS GUY.... If i can ever repay the favor to you or ANY other member her on Prime, it would be my pleasure

Dave

That says a ton about what a great guy Paul is. It also says alot about you in taking the time to recognize him on the forums. It is heartening to see that there are still some decent people out there who help out their fellows. Kudos to you both

I don't know what you guys are talking about here, everyone on Prime has always beed helpfull to me so all i'm doing is continuing what was started long time ago :wink:.

Paul is an A1 great guy and knows his NSX stuff. I'm here in the greater Detroit area and bought a lightly used /04 header to muffler system from him for my /94 -- super pricing and great to deal with Paul. So great in fact that he drove the goods to me here in MI (and no, he wasn't headed here anyway).

Paul, as we discussed, I would really like to spend some time with you and your car so I'll be in touch after Labor Day and perhaps we can engineer a meet somewhere b/w Det and Chicago. Any other guys/gals reading this in Chicago and Detroit and points between who are intersted in a get together along the above lines shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can put something together.

Best,
Jeff

You guys are being filmed on that insurance commercial when one person sees another person doing something good. They end up doing the same for another person.
And so on and so on.

J/k:tongue:

I know Paul personally and he is a very mild mannered guy, but he is a very nice individual to top that off.

This doesn't surprise me for a second in regard to Paul. I have only been in his company twice but he is just a real decent person. I might even let him drive my car....maybe. But, only if I can drive his! lol :tongue:

Back