• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A ferrari that has really caught my attention

The Koenig Ferrari Testarossa Twin turbo

worth watching, has that 80's-90's feel to it, haha

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4uRD4ODOm98"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4uRD4ODOm98" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

testakoenig001.jpg

The motor
Koenig%20Testarossa%20P1%202.jpg

I remember reading a few articles on this back in the day. I absolutely loved this car. I saw one in a royal blue color that was fabulous. Great car for its time, though I've heard they weren't exactly reliable (stock, much less modified).

That widebody is money!

Mr. Mike Tyson had a convertible version, It's in one of my dupont reg mags.
looks nice!
Trev

I'd take that over any new car. I'd park it alongside my F40 and spend my evenings counting turbos.

I remember the Mike T's on Dupont Registry as well. I'm sure he doesn't own it anymore. How many did they make in all (vert and ht)?

I might be in the minority here but I think that's absolutely horrible. Way, way overstyled and just ugly.

The Mr. Mike Tyson one was Red in the magazine and had like a $30,000.00 sound system back then, I think its the 1994 year issue of the mag. Oh, also claimed 1000 hp.
Its handy so maybe i'll grap a photo of it.
Trev

I might be in the minority here but I think that's absolutely horrible. Way, way overstyled and just ugly.

overstyled? have you seen the original? it's awesome they got rid of the door "grate".... .too bad they didn't do the same for the tail lights

if anything.... it looks much updated.

some angles do look funny though- that thing is friggen WIDE

overstyled? have you seen the original? it's awesome they got rid of the door "grate".... .too bad they didn't do the same for the tail lights

if anything.... it looks much updated.

some angles do look funny though- that thing is friggen WIDE

If by updated you mean tacky, ricer, and overdone... then yes I agree.:biggrin:

Seriously though, to each his own but I think this thing is horrible. Yes, the Testarossa looks dated today but I think that it's still a nice design (esp. the 512TR) whereas this looks like something a 14-year old kid cobbled together in his garage using an old Civic, some Hubba Bubba and more testosterone than brains.:smile:

Koenig is responsible for many other butcher jobs like this one:

0203.jpg

Koenig is responsible for many other butcher jobs like this one:

0203.jpg

Also horrible. What a shame. The 928 is a beautiful design even today but that thing is just rolling butt crack. Horrible.:confused:

Off topic on Tyson / True story - my sister almost ran over Tyson in CT! He was on a sport bike with some buddies trying to merge from an on ramp and tried to cut in front of her and lost it right in front of her. She swerved and JUST MISSED killing him. He was pretty wobbly after the wreck and his buddies started screaming "Mike - leave your helmet on" and "no pictures" to my sister (like she knew him or cared about a boxer).

My sister sat him in the back of her car till police arrived.

His official statement was he "fell asleep on the bike". :rolleyes:

It was only later in the news she realized it was Tyson and his posse riding recklessly.

Off topic on Tyson / True story - my sister almost ran over Tyson in CT! He was on a sport bike with some buddies trying to merge from an on ramp and tried to cut in front of her and lost it right in front of her. She swerved and JUST MISSED killing him. He was pretty wobbly after the wreck and his buddies started screaming "Mike - leave your helmet on" and "no pictures" to my sister (like she knew him or cared about a boxer).

My sister sat him in the back of her car till police arrived.

His official statement was he "fell asleep on the bike". :rolleyes:

It was only later in the news she realized it was Tyson and his posse riding recklessly.

wow, that's an interesting story

i thought he lived in Ohio, he's doing some Mike Tyson World Tour thing or something

Back