• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A little history..and some help.

I've spent so much time fabricating turbo systems; the notion is not very frightening. That will probably be the route I take if I go NSX. When I was 16-17 years old I had a 240sx. It was before they hit really big a couple of years ago, so the sr20det's were way to pricey. Me and a few friends spent so much time eating up ka24de motors its crazy. I'm worried about the compression ratio on the NSX motor. But I read somewhere that some super charger set ups on the market run up to 12 psi. This would mean somewhere there are low compression pistons floating around.

As far as letting off so much info on myself, I am conscious, but I would rather be a real person to anyone I talk to. I know how I treated the “random kids” who popped by on my old forums. I simply thought with a community as exclusive as the NSX one, a little more openness might be afforded as long as I still use common sense.

But thank you very much for the advice, It’s good and noted.

I don’t have a lot of experience in Honda set ups, but to my understanding…the NSX has little to do with the rest of the Honda line.

Thanks again man, for being decent.

:biggrin: Hello Nick!

Welcome to the Prime boards. Also congradulations on you education, sounds like you got it worked out pretty well.

Now about the NSX. Have you ever taken a ride in an NSX? Better yet have you ever driven one? This car is far different from all other cars I have driven. When i wanted a fast car, I got 94 Supra custom single turbo. Fun but lacked something. Then one day as I was driving past a high end dealership it caught my eye. A 91 red NSX. The next day I bought it. That was almost 8yrs ago!!! Ive had the same car and its gone through many transformations and mods. I think what some of the other guys here are trying to say as far as costs and other things is that they do get a little high at times. Just an example, a couple years ago I looked at how much I had spent on tires since I bought the car. About 17.5K!!!!

The community here is very tight. I have made life long friends here that I get together with on a regular basis. Hell, alot of the NSX owners around here in TX are coming down for my wedding this Oct. Enjoy your time on the boards and you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge about this car here.

Next time your down here in Houston, shoot me a PM and Ill let you check out the NSX. Maybe it will give you some clarity on your next car choice. Or maybe it will seal the deal for you to buy one. :biggrin:

Take care

To be honest (group feel free to correct me).

The NSX really isnt a high HP car.
by todays standards it really isnt that fast either.
For sure, its built like a hond and has exotic looks at a fraction of the exotic price.
Have you even driven one yet??

They are fun for sure, but far from the handling holy grail they once were 15 years ago.

to me it's about the next thing before I move on. I've done work on supras and I've owned a handful of imports. I know in 10 years time I won’t be driving an NSX, but somewhere it just seems like the next logical step.

I'm not in it for the fast; I'm in it for the fun. Don’t get me wrong, speed is the drug. To me it's about the joy of driving as well. The nsx is a unique car, with solid potential, there in lays the attraction.

Feel me?

loNfastNSX said:
:biggrin: Hello Nick!

Welcome to the Prime boards. Also congradulations on you education, sounds like you got it worked out pretty well.

Now about the NSX. Have you ever taken a ride in an NSX? Better yet have you ever driven one? This car is far different from all other cars I have driven. When i wanted a fast car, I got 94 Supra custom single turbo. Fun but lacked something. Then one day as I was driving past a high end dealership it caught my eye. A 91 red NSX. The next day I bought it. That was almost 8yrs ago!!! Ive had the same car and its gone through many transformations and mods. I think what some of the other guys here are trying to say as far as costs and other things is that they do get a little high at times. Just an example, a couple years ago I looked at how much I had spent on tires since I bought the car. About 17.5K!!!!

The community here is very tight. I have made life long friends here that I get together with on a regular basis. Hell, alot of the NSX owners around here in TX are coming down for my wedding this Oct. Enjoy your time on the boards and you will find that there is a wealth of knowledge about this car here.

Next time your down here in Houston, shoot me a PM and Ill let you check out the NSX. Maybe it will give you some clarity on your next car choice. Or maybe it will seal the deal for you to buy one. :biggrin:

Take care

We may have to work something out sometime. congrads on the wedding date and thanks for the offer.

Back