• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A paint question...

I was always wondering since the original A8 came to the market... How come after all these years, there's still noone trying to paint their car to the polished aluminum look.??

Well, if it's because of the color matching of the plastic parts will be difficult for the polished aluminum, what about the Hyper Silver paint they used on wheels??

ummm... If I ever need to repaint mine, that's probably what I ended up getting it painted with that.

hmm...

polished aluminum = chrome looking, right?

If it is then I would think it to be a major road hazard for everyone who has to look at it.

If I'm totally off from what you're asking then just ignore me ;)

nicholas421 said:
like this?
More like this:

salesdelorean.jpg

Polished aluminum? You might as well strip the paint off then polish your whole car. I've seen a hood done this way. Wouldn't it be easier to order a NSX from factory and ask the paint to be left off?:rolleyes:

HA, Ken, you are wrong!!! Isn't Deloren made of Stainless Steel??

and Yes, I was looking for the look like nicholas421's jag pic. I believed the A8/ Avus were introduced like that too....

If you went the polished or brushed aluminum route you would still have to clear coat it with many layers.

-Jim

Back