• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS Service Harness

Last edited:
This harness looks very useful. I have a 91 with a slow brake fluid leak that's not coming from the master cylinder or reservoir as best I can tell, but it's definitely dripping from something in the same location. Do you think a stuck solenoid could somehow be causing a leak or should I look for a different culprit?

Stuck solenoid won’t cause a leak.

I will take one of these. Can you PM me your PayPal address.

Last edited:
one is to activate the pump and the other the solenoids? Does it open the close all 4 solenoids at the same time? What is that smaller black cylinder object on the solenoid cable? Do both cables have fuses?

This harness looks very useful. I have a 91 with a slow brake fluid leak that's not coming from the master cylinder or reservoir as best I can tell, but it's definitely dripping from something in the same location. Do you think a stuck solenoid could somehow be causing a leak or should I look for a different culprit?

As Drifter stated this will not help with an external leak. Take a look at the bottom of the reservoir, make sure you do not see any fluid or bubbles coming from the return port at that sticks through the bottom of the return port. it can cause the fluid to over flow from the top of the reservoir, this would normally leak fluid around and under the label.The high pressure hose should be replaced as per the owners and service manual.

To help isolate the leak clean with water using a mild spray on cleaner if needed. When completely dried you can spray the area with a spray on type leak detector or spray type foot and shoe powder, hen these dry they will turn completely white. When they come in contact with any type of fluid like fuel, coolant or brake fluid it will turn gray. great for locating leaks.

one is to activate the pump and the other the solenoids? Does it open the close all 4 solenoids at the same time? What is that smaller black cylinder object on the solenoid cable? Do both cables have fuses?

Yes one is to run the pump, the other to energize the solenoids. Each solenoid is energized one at a time using the 5 position rotary switch (off, solenoids 1 thru 4)
The small object you mention is probably the 5 position rotary switch.
Only the solenoid harness is fused, the switch provided to run the pump is not fused. Its not really needed as your just replacing the switched side of the relay, but you must use care and make sure the switch is connected to the proper terminals (copper).

For others:

I'd like to get one.
Can you message me or add PP account to thread.
TIA

If you wish to purchase one or have a question: [email protected]

Last edited:
Back