• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Accounts deactivated due to invalid e-mail addresses

bsudiro
aaronkamloops
PUREVIL
J382
bambbrose
mrbozo
JeffShoots
sugoi
TAG
1TITENSX
nsx91john

Your email addresses are no longer valid or your mail server is refusing a connection from this server. I removed them from your accounts. Please set a new valid address and reactivate your accounts. Please see http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/NSXPrime:Account_Help for more information.

The following accounts had email addresses that are no longer valid or your mail server is refusing a connection from this server. I removed them from your accounts. Please set a new valid address and reactivate your accounts. Please see http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/NSXPrime:Account_Help for more information.

SWIFTVISION
BioBanker
synergy004
Dynamic-uzed-auto
rusky
SportHausInc

The following accounts had an unacceptable email address for registration on this site. Email me once you have changed to an acceptable email address to reactivate your account.

sporteknik

The following accounts had email addresses that are no longer valid or your mail server is refusing a connection from this server. I removed them from your accounts. Please set a new valid address and reactivate your accounts. Please see http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/NSXPrime:Account_Help for more information.

berlinas2k2
DDozier
Sublyminal
Alas-NSX
NSXLuvr
doc_tai
3.5lnsxr
ny2ca
guygrimsley01
blnsx
granturismo
RavenArts
driftchicken
Airwolf NSX
La-squared
c9c
innsxtc
ENS
NSX-Wes
NSXTA-C
Mr Aryan
popsicle
qu1Z
95gsrturbo
Teej
cptnsx
leester01
neogeo
hi0npsi
win
MOD5 Eng.
rjesusnsx
FebusNA1
legendr35
PAUL M
23psi4age
lollolboy
0260IWN
Psychosis
druxboyz
chicagoNSX
azndc5
doogie48084
scrapp
silverr1
lear
lancemr2
hawkeye-se
widebody
trubsam
makena88
DWN

This is a real waste of my time. I'm seriously contemplating a $10 fee to get accounts with invalid email addresses reactivated.

Is there a chance that one day we will be able to use gmail or yahoo accounts ?

I'm a member since December 2008 and I own a 2004 NSX, when I was registering my account i used an email that i don't check at all because my gmail account was not accepted. I'm worried that one day i will be added to this list :)

Maybe there is another way to verify if an account is real or not?

Here is the issue. I want accounts to be tied to a real person. Now that doesn't mean I feel the need to know everyone's personal info, but with yahoo or gmail people can just chain webmail addresses and they are not necessarily directly anchored to anything. With a work or school or ISP address, there is generally a real person directly tied to the email address.. I don't know who that person is, but at least someone does.

Another way I can achieve a similar result is to take a payment of some type through PayPal so someone's account is tied to something real like a bank account or credit card on other side of PayPal. However, because of the way vBulletin works, I think that means I either have to stop blocking webmail addresses for registration or I have to manually handle a lot of email address changes, lost passwords, etc.

If I allow webmail for registration, I'd have to change it so EVERY person who registered had to pay some token amount like $1 through the subscription system and have that automatically promote their account to a level where they could post. I'm not a fan of that at all, and it will deter a huge number of people from ever posting.

If I do it manually, e.g. you are already registered with a "real" email address and want to switch to gmail, then I'd have to set up a form or something and manually edit your account to use the new address. Then I need to have the system send you an activation email to verify that it's a working address. If there is an issue there we are now trading emails to get it resolved. If you ever need to reset your password I have to do it for you because the gmail address is on the block list so I don't accept it for password reset. This is very time consuming when you multiply it out by thousands of people over years. It's not really how I want to spend my time, so if I were going to offer that I'd be inclined to charge a fee and pay someone else to handle it. That's not really ideal to me either, because it feels like nickle and diming which I can't stand.

I really wish there was a way to allow people to change to webmail after they had validated their account with a "real" email address. Unfortunately vBulletin just doesn't work that way. I am open to suggestions of other / better ways to achieve my goal stated in the first paragraph.

I have my "prime approved" account attached to my gmail account as a "label". It works good, it takes 20-30 minutes for google to pickup my prime notifications but I can live with that.

Is there a chance to add a certain script that would let's say enable the gmail/yahoo option after one year/100 posts? This way a new member would get a message like this: "you have to be registered for over 12 months and have over 100 posts to use this email server".

^^ If you read the link you were instructed to - you will see that gmail and yahoo are not accepted so why would you even try

2) this is absolutely re-DONK-ulous- stupidest crap in the world. I submitted my comcast account, but I refuse to tie that in and have mail forwarded from there to my truly used accounts. So if you choose to contact me you will be waiting a LONG time for a response because I never log into that account.

I understand your rationale mods- and this is your site so do what you need to make it run. However, consider this, I cannot for many reasons use my work account for personal use.

And my personal accounts--- well they are all gmail. I have a comcast acct for now but I am thinking of canceling comcast because I am never home. either traveling or working long hours. Was considering just using my phone and tethering to my laptop wirelessly--- guess youll tell me to use my wireless providers email account then

Prime is the place i come to look at pics and just unwind.

for now I hope your system works but for the past 4 years that I have been on here I used a gmail account and you didn't bitch about it during that time. why all of the sudden does my account get kicked..... because you have the time to clean house?

thanks for running and putting time into a great site- sorry to ven frustrations, however, I just logged into check pm's---- and i couldn't because you didnt consider me to be a real person

Last edited:
2) this is absolutely re-DONK-ulous- stupidest crap in the world. I submitted my comcast account, but I refuse to tie that in and have mail forwarded from there to my truly used accounts. So if you choose to contact me you will be waiting a LONG time for a response because I never log into that account.

OK. Fair warning: If I try to contact a user at their registered email address and do not receive a response I disable the account.

for now I hope your system works but for the past 4 years that I have been on here I used a gmail account and you didn't bitch about it during that time.

Actually you were not using a gmail address here, you were using a .edu address that was bouncing with the following error indicating it is no longer valid: 550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found

That is the reason it was deleted from your account and asked you to update it with a working email address.

I understand your frustration and that this is far from a perfect system. Please try to understand it from my side as well.

i sent the main forum administrator a question about my deactivation - but i just figured it out and reacctivated with an appropriate email.

thanks!

OK. Fair warning: If I try to contact a user at their registered email address and do not receive a response I disable the account.

Warning taken, and when you deactivate it, I will send you an email asking you to reactivate it with a new email account. I dont check those types of accounts due to the lack of security and junk mail that they get hit with.

Not to say my gmail doesnt get spam, but it has a damn good filter.

No worries, at some point ill log into Prime and see that I have a problem, then work extra to fix the problem

Actually you were not using a gmail address here, you were using a .edu address that was bouncing with the following error indicating it is no longer valid: 550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found

Perfect example then, as you can see, i didnt even sign up with an email address that I check. AND FYI, that .edu account must have been deactivated for some time as I graduated 6 years ago.[

Cheers to you and all of your hard work , I know this is not easy,

but for a $1--- I'd be all in to paypal you the money for the use of this site.

Back