• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Accusump

F=MA wrote in a recent post
<< [deleted ......
..........]
<<On a related question, has anyone had any NSX experience with a Mecca Accusump? >>

I just got a fax from Comptech on Canton/Mecca Accusump (electric or manual activiation options) and MOROS Accumulator. They are neat. I assume the 1 quart capacity should be enough?

Does anyone have any feedback? Both Andrie and I noted that at the track our oil pressure gauge was dipping to almost zero on heavy acceleration after a right turn (with some g forces)to the front straight at THill ...... but then picked up to normal upon shifting.

Anyone else experiencing this and solutions besides using a baffled and/or bigger oil pan?

Any downside to consider?

Bigger oil pan will not help u in this case. What it does is supposedly added volume in oil capacity, therefore slows down the oil breakdown.

The NSX has an oil squirter unlike other engines out there. I believe if we have oil pan baffle so the pupm be able to pick it up at any given condition, it should be sufficient.

I have no doubt that accusump is a great addition. However, the size is the limiting factor. We have to install the tank in the trunk and run lines thru there. Unless I race the car (driving school and open track is not racing), I think accusump would be an overkill.

Back