• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura finance rates

So I found a 2019 new with all the options I wanted and the dealer is telling me Acura’s best rate is 4%? I have to finance with Acura to get the 20k off but 4% seems ridiculous I’ll have to essentially finance the car then refinance it through my bank. Seems like a giant hassle. It’s hard for me to think Acura is really that high especially on a 2019.

4% seems high but most dealers offer higher interest rate on special models. I used to be a banker at one of the larger banks, we had many people go through the dealership for the discount then refinance with the bank. It’s not that big of a hassle as it used to be, I used to fund auto loans within 2-4 hours of the application. I’d recommend reaching out to your Bank for their offers. For $20k it’s worth it.

You don’t have to finance a large amount through AFS to get the $20K incentive. The minimum that you can finance is $5K, so that’s what I did. I was also told that I needed to maintain the loan for a minimum of three months. The rate that I got through AFS was 3.44% back in November 2019. When you finance such a small amount, the loan term will be 24 months.

Auto loan refi rates aren’t that attractive. I see that BofA has 3.69% for a refinance prior to getting their Preferred Rewards rate discount of 0.25% to 0.5% (depends how much money you have in your combined BofA/Merrill accounts).

You don’t have to finance a large amount through AFS to get the $20K incentive. The minimum that you can finance is $5K, so that’s what I did. I was also told that I needed to maintain the loan for a minimum of three months. The rate that I got through AFS was 3.44% back in November 2019. When you finance such a small amount, the loan term will be 24 months.

Auto loan refi rates aren’t that attractive. I see that BofA has 3.69% for a refinance prior to getting their Preferred Rewards rate discount of 0.25% to 0.5% (depends how much money you have in your combined BofA/Merrill accounts).

Austin telco will do it for 2.29% even a refi. The thing is by the time I got everything done the car had sold to someone else so I’m back to square one again.

The last couple of cars I have purchased I put down a $5000 deposit to insure I would not get bumped. That will buy you about a week at most. So now that we have given you thumbs up, you got to get yourself one. When I purchased my Volvo, I worked with the finance manager. He quoted me an interest rate that was under 2% back in 2018. He had to shop it around and it took many attempts. I was kind of surprised at how he would email the paperwork and then they would give a thumbs up or down. The rate at the time was a point below the average. Finally, a day later a credit unit bit the contract. When I checked their website all their rates were significantly higher than what I had just acquired. I guess for the credit unions having a Dealership sell the paper is less risky then someone just walking in off the street. Good luck hunting!

The last couple of cars I have purchased I put down a $5000 deposit to insure I would not get bumped. That will buy you about a week at most. So now that we have given you thumbs up, you got to get yourself one. When I purchased my Volvo, I worked with the finance manager. He quoted me an interest rate that was under 2% back in 2018. He had to shop it around and it took many attempts. I was kind of surprised at how he would email the paperwork and then they would give a thumbs up or down. The rate at the time was a point below the average. Finally, a day later a credit unit bit the contract. When I checked their website all their rates were significantly higher than what I had just acquired. I guess for the credit unions having a Dealership sell the paper is less risky then someone just walking in off the street. Good luck hunting!
I’m kindof glad it didn’t work out I just found another bank doing 1.69% rates for used cars lol. It’s essentially free money right now bc of Covid I guess.

I’m kindof glad it didn’t work out I just found another bank doing 1.69% rates for used cars lol. It’s essentially free money right now bc of Covid I guess.
That is a pretty decent rate, especially for a used car. Take it and run...

That is a pretty decent rate, especially for a used car. Take it and run...
I’m trying to lol. Right now there are 2 orange NSX’s for sale in the USA. Neither of them have what I want. Buying new means waiting until September for a 2020 which is imo a bad deal. So I’ll keep my eyes open and if I can’t find anything I’ll order a 2021 when that becomes available.

So I found a 2019 new with all the options I wanted and the dealer is telling me Acura’s best rate is 4%? I have to finance with Acura to get the 20k off but 4% seems ridiculous I’ll have to essentially finance the car then refinance it through my bank. Seems like a giant hassle. It’s hard for me to think Acura is really that high especially on a 2019.
3.99% is correct.

All new Acuras (nsx and PMC editions excluded) are 3.99% with lease/finance incentive or 0.9% without the incentive.

Here are the Standard Acura Rates for new vehicles as long as you have a 760 score or higher.

4.79% 24-48 months
4.89% 49-66 months
5.04% 67-72 months

Acura Offers a Competitive Advantage program that will reduce the rate by 1%. If you finance over $30,000 you will receive another discount of 0.15%. The last modifier is a 0.25% if the amount you are financing is less than 90% of the MSRP of the vehicle. If you were to do a 24-48 month term the best possible rate you will currently see through Acura is 3.39%.

Which bank is that, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
It’s united heritage CU but they won’t sell out of state. And it’s really 2.29 idk how to get their advertised rate. I have an 800 fico and they still have me 2.29.

so I drove to a dealer to buy the a used NSX 3 hours away and they tell me they don’t take 3rd party financing because the DMV is shut down from covid19. I had even told them im
pre approved with check in hand. I swear I hate dealers. Ofcourse they couldn’t match and refused to drop the price more so I walked.

Back