• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX-R vs BMW M6 vs Porsche 997 Turbo vs Lamborghini Gallardo

The race is way too short to gauge any sort of significant result, and the results of any race must take into account how well the course matches the strengths of the car. However, the best lap time is telling. Clearly the NSX-R is not the strongest car on this track regardless of any advantage it may have due to having a more experienced driver.

I still found it interesting, thanks for posting the video.

Watch the GT3 smoke the NSX-R on the straight! I have experienced this exact view on the track... nothing you can do except watch the back end of the GT3 get smaller. I like how the NSX-R guy says as the GT3 goes by, "the slipstream really helps." Yea and so does 415hp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eTHoTBccK4

The GT3 in the video is a 996 GT3 (previous model) not the new 997 GT3. The 996 GT3 is approximately 385 HP

Video is no longer available, but I think the drivers had a lot to do with the results. NSX-R is a very fast track car when driven by a pro, hence the Gallardo could be crappy when driven by an amateur. :wink:

Honestly, I'd love to see the NSX and NSX-R perform this well against todays sportscars but Best Motoring is and will always be japanese propaganda.
If only we used robots to determine the winners of these races, we wouldn't have any bias or most experience factors to get in the way of the equation. Well...maybe robot computer glitches might, but that is my point.

Back