• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Adam Saruwatari's NSX at SEMA 2000

Yeah, that has got to hurt rearward visibility quite a bit. If I remember correctly a silver TT NSX out of Tasmania or Austrailia w/ something like 500 rwhp used a lexan engine bay hatch with louvers to cool the intercoolers.

But I think the Mobil 1, Raybrig, Takata, and the Le Mans Kenwood NSX use the above setup. Maybe it's not so bad.

Shawn

Alex V. has the #4 hatch.

Weight: Mugen - Approx. 21 lbs. OEM - Approx. 33 lbs.

Rear visibility: Not too bad compared to Diablo.

anyone interested in making a copy of the OEM hatch in lexan? Cost is $500 for the mold, and $300 for the part itself. I need people to chip in on it so I don't have to eat the cost of the mold myself.
E-mail me if you are SURE. I don't want to answer any questions, cuz that's all the infos I got on it.

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

Here's the lowdown on that Mugen hatch:

1. Gruppe M/K&N Japan are still best buddies, contrary to popular belief.
2. That hatch and scoop is a joint effort by Gruppe M and Mugen; designed for a future intercooler kit for the S/C
3. The combination will be sold as a Gruppe M product, I believe, as Mugen is slowly getting out of the NSX business.
4. The GM scoop is different from the Mugen scoop.
5. Quality of both pieces are... frickin' awesome.
6. I think it will be available in an extremely limited run, pricing should be available in a couple of weeks.
7. Production hatches will not have the Mugen logo on it.
8. And oh, yes, it will decrease rearward vision. But not as much as you would expect.

Private me for more info about this and other Gruppe M products.

Yes, but one of the main reasons (among many others) I (and other NSX'RS I'm told) sold our Lotus Esprit's was the horrible rearward visibility. I'm not sure the small increase in performance (aesthetic or power) is worth it.

Back