• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE: 2017 ACURA NSX @ MOTORCARS OF JACKSON Located In Mississippi

Fellow Primers, wanted to share my experience and make awareness of this 2017 Acura NSX VIN# 19UNC1B0XHY000571 white exterior and black and red interior. NSX at "Motorcars of Jackson" 6105 I-55, Jackson, MS 39213.

The NSX was listed on eBay, with all the options and color combo, I was searching for. Messaged the seller via eBay to see, if the price was negotiable and was informed "FIRM" I decided to use the 'BUY IT NOW' option and placed a $500 deposit. I was prompted to make an immediate deposit with BUY IT NOW, using eBay or could not continue to complete the transaction. I contacted 'Chip' the owner of the business and informed him of the BUY IT NOW, and deposit. He was not happy that I sent the deposit through eBay. He said, "I should have used Zelle or Venmo" That was not eBay's policy. I also, wanted to protect my deposit by paying through eBay. Chip stated, eBay takes 2 weeks to release the deposit to his account. If I wanted the title I would have to wire the full amount of the NSX for him to release the title. I told Chip that was no problem once I come in person inspect and test drove the NSX. He said ok. He also stated, there are Ubers at the airport you can have them drop you off my dealership. I didn't ask him for a ride. I had planned to rent a car.

Upon my arrival to his dealership, I introduced myself and son to Chip. He seemed like a nice guy to be fair. I checked out the NSX and looked beautiful like on eBay. NSX was parked in the showroom. Gas gauge on empty with warning light on. While inspecting the NSX, my son pointed out to me, gaps between the hood and fenders were off. One side had a bigger gap than the other. It was very minor. I did look for over spray paint or repaired damages and did not find anything. I'm not an expert in this field.

I asked, Chip let's go for a test drive and he said there are no test drives. HUH?!! I asked, why? Chip said, he did not want anything happen to the NSX, if a rock hit the windshield and it broke or accident etc (isn't that the reason dealerships carry insurance?) Before, I can drive the NSX, he wanted me to wire the payment in full first. Which did not sit right with me. I said to him, what if I wire the funds and don't like the NSX for whatever reason? He said, I will refund you in full. At this point, I felt like I had no choice, but to wire the funds. I was in love with the NSX. I decided to have the funds wired to his account. He said, the wire transfer takes 1-2 hours to hit his account and if I wanted grab lunch this was the time. He said in the meanwhile, he would get the NSX fueled up the wiped down.

Received a message from Chip 30 minutes, the wire hit his account and paperwork was being prepared. OK, great! Arrived backed to the dealership an hour later. The paperwork was ready to sign, but the NSX was not fueled or cleaned. I signed the paperwork and was handed everything but the title. I asked, why the title was not being released to me? Was informed the funds will clear midnight tonight and will next day the title. I was not happy about that at all. I was forced to leave a feedback on eBay in their presence, so eBay can release the deposit to their account or the title would not be mailed out. Very stressful transaction so far. Did everything I was asked to do to complete the sale transaction. Again, I was in love with the NSX. Received the keys and now on my way to the gas station (Chip gave $55 for gas) less than 1/2 from the dealership. As I drove the NSX I heard a suspension noise from the rear. After fueling and exiting the gas station driveway, I hear loud knocking noise again. This pretty much continued throughout the drive. I was driving 25-30 mph over small bumps on the road. Felt like the NSX had no suspension in the rear. I was concerned, and drove the NSX back to the dealership. When I arrived, I asked for Chip, was told he's on a test drive with a customer. NICE!! I couldn't get a test drive! An employee at the dealership (Paul) decided to go with me on a drive. I drove the NSX and the suspension was making loud noise when going over bumps (metal on metal knocking) Paul tells me that's normal its low to the ground and I have ti get use to it. He also, stated his Ferrari feels the same when driving over any size bumps. I said, no Paul the NSX should not feel like this and I don't care if you Ferrari! The NSX has only 5K miles. He kept insisting everything was normal and I had to get use to it. HELL NO! I said, Paul a $3,000 Civic drives better than is $200k NSX! I told him, I want to speak with Chip and we headed back to the dealership.

Arrived back to the dealership, Chip was back from his test drive. I expressed to him my concern. He said, though he never drove the NSX (true or not) since it has been at his dealership, but was told by other employees who drove it, that everything was fine. I told Chip, he needs to drive the NSX and hear the noise coming from the rear suspension. He drove the NSX out of the dealership driveway and the NSX made a loud noise. After hearing the noise he dialed the NSX into sport plus mode. The exhaust was louder and he started to drive the NSX more aggressive. I told him to dial the drive mode back to normal, the way I drove the NSX. I pointed out to him every time the NSX made a loud noise and he said that is normal. I said no way, that's not how any car should sound. The suspension is knocking very loud. Then he blamed it on the tires. The compound on the tire is soft, if I was to replace to a harder compound tire I would not hear any noise. I was not buying his BS. He said, he just picked up a Ferrari SF90 (million dollar car) and a G wagon they sounds the same as the NSX. I told him I don't care about the other vehicles. I know there is something definitely damaged on the NSX and you don't want to acknowledge it. When we got back to the dealership, I asked Chip to refund my money. He got very angry and his tone changed. He said how you want your money in 100$ bills, check, wire, or bank check?! I did get my money back after going through hell with Chip and his Wife she did the paperwork (she is extremely rude and unprofessional)

One more thing, after the drive with Chip, I had my bag in the trunk of the NSX. When I was getting my bag, I noticed a gap in the rear quarter panels and the tail lights. It's possible the NSX was in a accident that was not reported to the police/insurance and did not show up on the Carfax report.

This was a very stressful and frustrating experience. I wanted to share this with my fellow NSX members. I hope this helps anyone who decides to do any business with Motorcars of Jackson.

What a nightmare! Glad got your money back. Never trust a dealer that can’t wait $500 to clear on a $100k car, I would stopped right there. Unprofessional for him to request Zelle or Venmo, you aren’t splitting dinner with him. Sounds like you got lucky, not many people would have refunded you after all that paperwork. Curious how far the airport was for him to tell you take an Uber instead of offering a ride.

What a nightmare! Glad got your money back. Never trust a dealer that can’t wait $500 to clear on a $100k car, I would stopped right there. Unprofessional for him to request Zelle or Venmo, you aren’t splitting dinner with him. Sounds like you got lucky, not many people would have refunded you after all that paperwork. Curious how far the airport was for him to tell you take an Uber instead of offering a ride.

I'm glad I got my money back as well. The ride from the airport to the dealership was 20 minutes.

I'm glad to hear you got your money back. You should post the VIN so prospective owners will know about the issues with this car. Good luck in your search.

I'm glad to hear you got your money back. You should post the VIN so prospective owners will know about the issues with this car. Good luck in your search.

Thank you. I will proceed with much more caution. The VIN # is listed in the original post, but I can relist it again. Please be very careful dealing with Motorcars of Jackson and this 2017 Acura NSX VIN# 19UNC1B0XHY000571

buying a car like NC1 from the local "exotic" car dealer who buys at auctions and shines/sells..is like going to you local diner and ordering lobster thermidor...:tongue:

Lol.....:wink:

Definitely a red flag being sold at the auctions. I don't know much about the auctions, but I normally stay away from cars that have auction history. My take is that good cars shouldn't need to be taken to auctions to be sold, but again, I don't know much about the car resale business.

buying a car like NC1 from the local "exotic" car dealer who buys at auctions and shines/sells..is like going to you local diner and ordering lobster thermidor...:tongue:

Wow!!! Actually spoke with Chip a few weeks ago and seriously considered buying this car….. but sight unseen (As I have multiple times over the years)…. Being military and always moving. Currently I’m in California and he’s in Mississippi! What a fckn DIRTBAG he is! You need to blast him on YELP…. and whatever else to do to tarnish this douchbags reputation! HOPEFULLY…… he eats this car and has to sell it at auction….. on a loss! I fcking hate slime balls like this a**hole Chip! Sounds like his trailer trash wife….. is the same.

We are all here on prime because we are enthusiasts with love for nsx new and old. I use humor to make a point ..that is my style. I'm sure some readers would interpret my response to red as harsh.Sometimes we need tough love:wink:...Buying a used NC1 is not an insignificant sum.If it were me I would be on the lookout for current owners selling their loved and driven examples ,as the type S rolls out.These cars need to be driven. I might reach out to powderice to see if he has any leads..ect...

Glad you got out of this without any financial losses. Always a good idea to trust your instinct. When you get a bad feeling about a transaction, probably a good idea to let it go.

they listed the car for $155k.... Not that much profit if they bought it for $149k.

Highly doubt they paid anywhere near $140k for it. It was listed in Palm Beach before being listed at the auction. Dealers typically auction cars that doesn’t get much attraction for one reason or another. Most dealers are more cautious about buying from a dealer vs Insurance auctions.

I have been dealing with Chip and a Wendy for many years. Have bought and sold cars from them and never had any type of issue at all. Think this might be an isolated situation, because they have always went above and beyond to make deals and make transactions very easy. I have been in Motorcars many times over the years and just do not feel they would ever misrepresent anything on purpose. I know they have been terribly busy lately and have, like us all had issues buying great cars to sell. For the most part, what I have seen is basically brand new cars from people like myself who buy them and get bored with them in a few months. I truly think this is not the typical situation I have seen nor experienced with Motorcars of Jackson over many years of doing business with them. I would not hesitate to buy from them site unseen right now if they had a vehicle I was interested in. Chip and Wendy are both great people to deal with in my experiences!

Wow, what a nightmare. Glad you got out of it. Asking for full payment before a test drive…unacceptable.

I have been dealing with Chip and a Wendy for many years. Have bought and sold cars from them and never had any type of issue at all. Think this might be an isolated situation, because they have always went above and beyond to make deals and make transactions very easy. I have been in Motorcars many times over the years and just do not feel they would ever misrepresent anything on purpose. I know they have been terribly busy lately and have, like us all had issues buying great cars to sell. For the most part, what I have seen is basically brand new cars from people like myself who buy them and get bored with them in a few months. I truly think this is not the typical situation I have seen nor experienced with Motorcars of Jackson over many years of doing business with them. I would not hesitate to buy from them site unseen right now if they had a vehicle I was interested in. Chip and Wendy are both great people to deal with in my experiences!

Well unfortunately ……. That isn’t the case in this situation.

And cmon…… doesn’t pick the client up at the airport flying in from another state????…..

NO TEST DRIVE?? This wasn’t a $1M Ferrari for Christ’s sake!!

His dealership is 5 minutes from an Acura Dealership….. why not immediately take it over there and have it checked out for the potential buyer???

BELIEVE ME…… I HAVE ZERO DOUBTS THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED!

This has me livid because I could’ve purchased this car from him…..was seriously considering it! Funny….. I was willing and didn’t haggle with his asking price (WHICH IS THOUSANDS ABOVE MARKET PRICE)!!….. just asked him to ship on his dime…. He refused! Only difference….. I had contacted that Acura Dealership and was prepared to pay for a PPI prior (he wouldn’t even pay for the $120 PPI cost)!

This Chip is a dirtbag! Hopefully….. this potential buyer leaves his experience on Chips YELP page! He deserves to lose business on this…… and I hope he eats that NSX at a huge loss!

After 23 years of serving my Country……. I fckn hate & despise people like this!

Wow!!! Actually spoke with Chip a few weeks ago and seriously considered buying this car….. but sight unseen (As I have multiple times over the years)…. Being military and always moving. Currently I’m in California and he’s in Mississippi! What a fckn DIRTBAG he is! You need to blast him on YELP…. and whatever else to do to tarnish this douchbags reputation! HOPEFULLY…… he eats this car and has to sell it at auction….. on a loss! I fcking hate slime balls like this a**hole Chip! Sounds like his trailer trash wife….. is the same.

Totally agree! I'm not an expert when it comes to mechanics, but have enough sense something was not right with the NSX. The rear end was knocking loud over small bumps. Chip did not care who he was gonna screw, he only cared about the money. I took a small loss (travel expenses etc) compare to $155K. I was so relieved to see the funds back in my account. Never ever, will I wire anyone funds, before a test drive. I will continue to search with extreme caution. I will be writing more reviews on Yelp, Google and his website. No one should have to experience, what I went through, from a dealership.

they listed the car for $155k.... Not that much profit if they bought it for $149k.

The auction price is disclosed to the winner and other bidders. Previous dealer listed it for retail price of $149k. Chip definitely, purchased it for a lot less.

Last edited:
Going forward if you want an NC1 I would first pm powdbyrice he has a type S buyer who is already an owner maybe there is a deal to be had..I know in the next few months there will be more coming on line FS.

Back