• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Added 2013 GTR to the stable

I stubbled across this thread.... im curious how you feel about the car 3 months later? I picked up a 2013 black edition in june and I agree that the seats are surprisingly smaller in the booty area than the NSX's but i find them to be more supportive than the NSXs. And I agree that the ride is very stiff in normal mode... comfort helps but still pretty stiff. I heard if you switch tires to non run flats it will help alot too. I think the car looks awesome and doesn't look like anything else no the road... I was considering 911 turbo and Corvette ZR1, but to the average person they couldn't tell a turbo from a base 911 or a ZR1 from a standard coupe, with the GTR there is no mistaking it for what it is or isn't.

gtr04.jpg

Last edited:
^I've seen your garage picture somewhere on the net before!

Clean stable of black cars - I'm also looking at a GTR but for different reasons, thanks for posting your real world impressions on the car.

$100k these days can buy you a lot of cars so just not sure I want this one "yet" but I agree with you visually it's one of the most unique cars on the road just like the NSX.

Over the past few months, I've been thinking about consolidating my summer and winter cars and just have one. I personally think the GT-R is ugly however I've never purchased a car just for looks :wink:

I have a few questions:
1. How expensive is the maintenance such 15k, 30k and so on.
2. Does anyone drive their GT-R year round with four season weather?
3. If left stock, how reliable is it?
4. Is insurance bloody expensive?
5. How rare is the GT-R (production numbers exported to USA)?

Congratulations on the purchase!

Over the past few months, I've been thinking about consolidating my summer and winter cars and just have one. I personally think the GT-R is ugly however I've never purchased a car just for looks :wink:

I have a few questions:

1. No clue.... I only have 1200 miles on her as of yesterday. I am going to have the first service done sept. They recommend a 1000 mile service to check to make sure everything is in spec. i heard its spendy too.
2. You can buy blizzaks... ive seen pics of guys driving them in snow, but obviously ground clearance is more of a concern than traction (with correct tires)
3. Ive read they are very reliable as long as they are well maintained and not over abused. Its not a Civic, but its not a Ferrari either. LOL
4. Insurance for me was $450 for six months, Im 36, clean/accident free. But I have 12 insured vehicles so I get a multi car discount.
5. No clue but to this day I've only seen one GTR in the wild on the strip.... and that was last year. I've never seen another GTR out in the wild, but then again I spend most of my time in ND and here its all diesel trucks so thats not a fair evaluation LOL

Last edited:
^I've seen your garage picture somewhere on the net before!

Clean stable of black cars - I'm also looking at a GTR but for different reasons, thanks for posting your real world impressions on the car.

$100k these days can buy you a lot of cars so just not sure I want this one "yet" but I agree with you visually it's one of the most unique cars on the road just like the NSX.

Im a picture whore.... but i've seen alot of my pics used as profile pics or on facebook pages.

I have a few questions:

I don't own one yet but I did get off the phone with my State Farm Agent who gave me some quotes on cars I'm considering. (many factors affect insurance rates but I'm 36, married, and have a total of 10 policies with them so I get pretty good discounts)

2012 Nissan: $543.27
2011 BMW X5M: $448.28
2011 BMW M3: $409.30

As for rarity this car I would put as pretty rare right up there with exotics and NSX's. I see maybe one or two a day at most if I'm out and about. Of course here in Silicon valley seeing exotics no one really cares or even turns heads so I think a lot of it has to do with where you live.

How expensive is the maintenance such 15k, 30k and so on.

FWIW, a friend of a friend has a 2012 GTR. It came with stock cross drilled rotors which were "not that safe" for tracking, so he bought a set of slotted rotors rings and fasteners from Racing Brake. $2500 just for 4 rings + shipping and customs to Canada. Totalled to more than $3k and he had to reuse his stock hats.

I replaced my 4 corners with rotors, pads, lines, and fluid for under $600.

FWIW, a friend of a friend has a 2012 GTR. It came with stock cross drilled rotors which were "not that safe" for tracking, so he bought a set of slotted rotors rings and fasteners from Racing Brake. $2500 just for 4 rings + shipping and customs to Canada. Totalled to more than $3k and he had to reuse his stock hats.

I replaced my 4 corners with rotors, pads, lines, and fluid for under $600.

What kind of bs is this? The rotors aren't safe for tracking? Lol. Anyways I just did a racing brake +2 upgrade on my NSX and it's cost me 2600 all said and done. Sounds like he and I did more modding then maintenance though.

Back