• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan RS II

What about the Spoke stickers is no one installing these?

- - - Updated - - -

Would be cool for someone to get a rolling shot with a external cam to see what they look like on the move :D

I started this thread to hopefully get some information to help me make my decision as to what size tires to go with. I had 6 replies with sizes people chose and althought every went with the same front tires 5 of the 6 people all went with different width in the back. The chosen sizes are 255,265,275,285 and 295. Why do people all chose different in the back and is the decisions based on look or handling. Since the rim is only 255 wide what is the advantage of going wider. Is it purely for the handling or does the tire also look better on the rim.

There are a lot of threads on this already. And a lot of opinions. Since no one has replied, I am giving you my opinion. Your best bet if you want to avoid rubbing and somewhat extreme alignment settings is to stay with the stock size front tire. That is 215/40/17 on 02+ cars, and it fits fine on any older NSX as well. For the rear, the size that also matches your factory rear tire, is a 255/35/18. That is almost dead on as far as diameter goes with the stock 255/40/17 of 02+ cars. This keeps your TCS happy for sure, and is also the lightest weight. You can also go with 265/35 but IMO you aren't really making any gains other than weight. It is a minimal difference however with both. Some of the older NSX's may work better with a 265 as they keeps a closer stock "ratio". We are talking 94 and older. On your car, IMO, the best size is a 255. Some feel that a 265 will "fill" the rear wheel well better, but I don't think that is true. I also prefer a 9" rear rim to the 10", I think it is plenty to handle a 255,265, even a 275. If you are looking at 1K2Go's setup, firs of all understand he is a very seasoned track driver and he runs different track sizes. He is running a lot of negative camber to make these fit and he still has a very slight rub. It's not for the average person. I am sure nsxtasy ken and happa88 will jump in here soon and pretty much tell you what I have been telling you. As I said all this has been discussed many times. If you do go wit a 9" rear and a 255 like I did, you need to increase offset (decrease numerically) to make it look proper. You are running a 9" wheel which is roughly 12mm more tucked in. My increase in offset from 35 to 25 makes that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and you aren't going to handle any better going wider, not on the street. You will probably make it worse. Ultimate grip is not the only determining factor of "handling". You also want good response, and with most setups, the car will respond better being lighter on its feet. Weighing it down with heavier shoes has a lot of negative effects. If you need more grip you should go with a softer compound tire, not necessarily increase the tread width. Your actual contact patch is still the same. You are simply changing the shape.

Thanks for your input. You went with a 255 and have a 9" wheel. My wheels are 10" so should I go with the 265 instead.

turbo, are you saying you are running 10mm spacer on the rear?

As I said all this has been discussed many times. If you do go wit a 9" rear and a 255 like I did, you need to increase offset (decrease numerically) to make it look proper. You are running a 9" wheel which is roughly 12mm more tucked in. My increase in offset from 35 to 25 makes that up.

Thanks for your input. You went with a 255 and have a 9" wheel. My wheels are 10" so should I go with the 265 instead.
I'm running a 10" rear I went with a 265 rear on the new adavns so yes. On my Kruezer v (10")..I was running a 275. That seemed like a little too much rear but it worked.

Last edited:

Yes, I would. I think it's a better fit on a 10" wheel which is pretty wide. A 255 will look a bit stretched, and isn't on its optimum sized wheel.

turbo, are you saying you are running 10mm spacer on the rear?

No I'm saying I went 10mm more offset to make up for it (ET 25). I do not have any spacers.

- - - Updated - - -

They are very flush.

062ab63d4fbbec0751a1d141168764f2_zps67ef1ce3.jpg

Jeff I must say that color looks great on silverstone. Very OEM like color. Your car will be great when all done.

Thanks Dave, I just have a number of more mods which will take a little more time. The RSII GB was just the tip of the debt iceberg. Lol...

I missed this group buy but like the wheels. Where did you purchase the wheels from?

Installed my stoptech kit..st40. For those with the rsII setup for bbk's, how much clearance do you have from the rotor to spoke. I have about 1.5-2mm. No rubbing but it looks so close..

Yes, same here. It's REAL close. Like creepy close. Any closer and that caliper would need a prophylactic. LOL

Last edited:

I went with a 285 on the rear because 285 is almost the perfect size for a 10" rim, the tire wall is straight down rather any stretch in either direction.

I also went 235 up front, had rub just over quarter lock however i asked the garage to sort this without cutting anything and they did some how, no idea what they did but i now have full lock.

I know better performance in terms of acceleration is gained from smaller sizes however with my goal i wanted a bigger tire up rear but meant i had to go bigger up front to keep the balance. It handles really nice actually with that tire setup and it looks RUDE!!!!! from the rear. If it wasn't for eventually planning on increasing power outputs i may have went with smaller tires but with past experience running more power you break traction which isn't great and unpredictable.

I went with a 285 on the rear because 285 is almost the perfect size for a 10" rim, the tire wall is straight down rather any stretch in either direction.

I also went 235 up front, had rub just over quarter lock however i asked the garage to sort this without cutting anything and they did some how, no idea what they did but i now have full lock.

I know better performance in terms of acceleration is gained from smaller sizes however with my goal i wanted a bigger tire up rear but meant i had to go bigger up front to keep the balance. It handles really nice actually with that tire setup and it looks RUDE!!!!! from the rear. If it wasn't for eventually planning on increasing power outputs i may have went with smaller tires but with past experience running more power you break traction which isn't great and unpredictable.

Pics or it didnt happen! :biggrin:

Back