• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice: DC Headers vs Comptech headers

Any more input besides the stories listed in the FAQ (didn't want NSXTACY to point me there : )I can get the DC Headers for $1220 + tax from a shop in So Cal (lists @ $1519) and used (but very clean) Comptech set for ~ $1050 (cash). Thanks for your help and I am still scrubbing my wheels (although only 15 minutes each day) to get the brake dust off (need to get and try that P21S stuff)

I asked Larry this very same question last time I was at his shop. He told me the comptech headers were the way to go so I took his word for it.
Don't anyone flame me if you disagree. It's just Larry's opinion and I figured I would mention it since he knows more than most when it comes to the NSX and has probably installed and tested every one of them.
If you called him up I'm sure he would explain why... he did for me.

Between those two choices, the Comptech headers are the way to go. There are some people who feel some of the Japanese tuners make the best headers (there have been several threads with this opinion), but Comptech is better than DC. CT machines the flanges for DC, so I would trust their machine and bending work more just based on that.

I have the CT headers on my car and I am very happy with them. Several of the mechanics who have worked on it have given me completely unsolicited comments about how well made they seemed.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 08 March 2001).]

Correct me if I'm wrong. But DC used to make the headers for Comptech. This was verified by Bob (?) from comptech on the last thunderhill event if I recall correctly. They have used their own guy however since few years back.

I took a guided tour at Comptech a few months ago. Shad was very nice to spend an hour with me going over their main office. I asked the same question. His answer was that Comptech used to have DC make the headers for them. After a while DC started to sell the same headers.

Comptech have stopped buying headers from DC for a while now and since then, Comptech have redesigned the headers that fixed some "problems" with the original design.

Shad didn't show me the factory that build these headers, but I was told that it is in the same business complex.

He also told me that Wings West is exclusively building the wide body kit for Comptech.

how does the B&B Triflo header compare to these?

Back