• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! Help! Anyone have pics of DC Sports or early Comptech headers?

HELP!! Okay, my car is undergoing a 3.2 and 6 spd swap. The engine is here and the mechanics are getting antsy to do the work. The problem is that my comptech headers busted. Since new Comptechs are $1700 I want to give it a last ditch effort to try and fix it before I break down and get a new set. I want to see if I can get them re-welded. The problem is that the flanges which connect to the exhaust are the parts which broke (completely) and I do not know how they are supposed to be oriented to mate with the exhaust. If it is not welded in the correct position, it will not fit to the exhaust. I need a picture of the flanges on the exhaust end and how they are positioned in relation to the rest of the headers. They are the early generation Comptech when it was made by DC Sports. First off, DC sports sucks! But with that said, does anyone have a pic of the early Comptech Headers or the current model DC sports? (For the 1991-1994 models.) Thanks.

I have early DC Sport headers off my parts car right now. But the flex tube is distorted otherwise I would send you a pic. I have an offer from a prime member to repair them at $460 but I don't know if I want to put that kind of money into old headers.

Back