• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After Market Alarm VS Factory Keyless

I'm considering adding a Clifford or similar alarm to my 94', mostly for the keyless entry. The factory Keyless is around $350 with discount verses $199 for a basic Clifford. Can anyone in So Cal. preferably Orange County recommend a good installer who has done a few Nsx's? I don't want to be the Guinea Pig for "some installer"

I don't know a dealer or installer for you, but I recently installed a factory keyless entry in my 2K NSX and found it to be pretty simple. I had an aftermarket system installed originally and found that it didn't interact with the Acura factory anti-theft system so I had it removed and installed the factory unit myself. The problem I had with the aftermarket problem was that if I used the keyless entry to lock the car and used my key to unlock it or vice versa, the vehicle would not start. Also, the security light located in the drivers door would not activeate with the aftermarket system. I know these are minor issues, but...

To properly outsmart a thief, you will need to find an installer with extensive knowledge and a passion for truly stealth workmanship. My company www.buzz-off.com has performed numerous NSX audio, video, and security upgrades. The factory upgrade is senseless as any thief knows factory control module locations. I can offer assistance with product choices to suit your needs. If you are far from Tampa,FL I can find you the best installer in your area. There are many outgoing young installers at many stores. You need a seasoned installer with a minimum of 7 years of quality not production work.

I just put a aftermarket alarm, immobilizer and keyless entry system this weekend, and if you don't find any installer "with NSX experience" I'll be happy to send you my connection points and locations. I hooked it up so it interacts with the factory alarm system, but as 2 totally different alarm systems.

Back