• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

after market center console or cut stock console

im looking to update my stereo with a double din unit. Whats the recommended method?

if after market console which brand is the best bang for the buck?

I just put in a single din and fiberglassed the stock unit and wrapped it (along with other interior pieces) in carbon fiber wrap. Was an inexpensive way to go and looks great. I considerd all the options including buying a new console but fournd them cost prohibitive and figured I'd never go back to the stock Bose unit anyway. Hop this helps.

I just put in a single din and fiberglassed the stock unit and wrapped it (along with other interior pieces) in carbon fiber wrap. Was an inexpensive way to go and looks great. I considerd all the options including buying a new console but fournd them cost prohibitive and figured I'd never go back to the stock Bose unit anyway. Hop this helps.

Can you post some pics please? Sounds like a good way to go..

I'm in the same boat and waiting to see pics as well.

Out of town and away from my baby for a few days but I will try and post pics by this weekend. For those interested I installed a Sony single din, JBL seperates in the doors and a slimline Kenwood 8 inch sub. Originally installed a 10 inch but it took up too much legroom so apparently that is going into the Suburban. Powered it with a 600 watt Sony amp for the doors and a 1000 watt amp for the sub. Not a total Sony fan but we have a Sony outlet near our house and their prices can't be beat.

Back